Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro Wiki Is Back

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Allegro Wiki Is Back
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I've re-enabled editing on the wiki. I gave up bothering with allegro.cc single sign one, and switched to google oauth.

People will need to create a new account, then if wanted i can merge their old account with their new account.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Wicked :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Nice, thanks Thomas!

I notice that the files still seem to be missing, is that expected? E.g. see the screenshots here: https://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Windows,_Visual_Studio_2015_and_Nuget_Allegro_5.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Edgar, did you create a new account first? Sign up with google first, then you can log in.

SiegeLord said:

I notice that the files still seem to be missing, is that expected?

Nothing should be missing :o

edit: I think the images are fixed.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Nice! I created a new user elias2 - is there a way to merge that into my old allegro.cc user account somehow?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Fixed the image issues I hope.

Elias said:

Nice! I created a new user elias2 - is there a way to merge that into my old allegro.cc user account somehow?

I believe so.

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Edgar, did you create a new account first? Sign up with google first, then you can log in.

Do you mean I have to create a new account with Google? I already have like 3.

Is it possible for you to white-list all the allegro.cc email addresses? That way anyone with an allegro.cc account could login using their allegro gmail account. That would be nice anyway.

Edgar

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Edgar, you need to hit 'create account' on the wiki and then enter your Google address in the email address field. Then you can log in using that email address.

Thanks, Thomas, for fixing the images! It seems that everything is working fine.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Do you mean I have to create a new account with Google?

No, just hit the create account link on the wiki.

Quote:

Is it possible for you to white-list all the allegro.cc email addresses? That way anyone with an allegro.cc account could login using their allegro gmail account. That would be nice anyway.

In order to authenticate through google, everything has to be done by the user. All the wiki does is forward you to google, and google returns us a magic token which we then use to get your basic information.

SiegeLord said:

Edgar, you need to hit 'create account' on the wiki and then enter your Google address in the email address field.

I believe the email field is ignored. All that's needed is a unique nickname/username and the wiki pulls your email from google. then once you have an account, you just hit login and google does its magic.

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Error.

{"name":"610935","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/5\/e5ea5c6f2300dd5f903b0e59949b8252.png","w":599,"h":554,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/5\/e5ea5c6f2300dd5f903b0e59949b8252"}610935

So there's no way to import a.cc's google accounts? They can login to google, why can't they login to the wiki? That's what Single Sign On is for, right?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Great to hear, thanks Thomas!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Quote:
Oops, there was an error. Please go back and try again. Message: {

"error": {
 "code": 500,
 "message": null
}

} 

:(

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

It said my name was already being used, but I don't remember making an account. When I click log in it says The supplied credentials are not associated with any user on this wiki. :(

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Gosh, this is like an IQ test. You can't use the same username as your allegro.cc user name, because wiki used to use allegro.cc's usernames, so I imagine they're all pre-registered. So you need a new user name, and it'll work :P.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

SiegeLord said:

Gosh, this is like an IQ test. You can't use the same username as your allegro.cc user name, because wiki used to use allegro.cc's usernames, so I imagine they're all pre-registered. So you need a new user name, and it'll work :P.

Subtle burn. You used an emoticon so it's okay though :P

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

My IQ is fine. :P (See what I did, I used an emoticon there...)

I realize a different user name will work, but this is kind of obnoxious having to jump through hoops like this.

Why can't we import the a.cc google email addresses and usernames again? I'm having trouble understanding this point.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

The previous wiki has no access to the allegro.cc login info (email and password) - it used the SSO service provided by allegro.cc. The new wiki also has no direct user accounts, instead it uses google SSO/oauth/whatever. Unless someone uses a gmail email address on allegro.cc I don't think there is any way to link accounts automatically.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Elias said:

Unless someone uses a gmail email address on allegro.cc I don't think there is any way to link accounts automatically.

That's tricky, since a lot of us have been members since before gmail existed.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I'd completely forgotten about that, having never used it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I linked my Google account to A.cc too, but I'm not sure that the wiki paired the two. It doesn't matter all that much to me though. I've only edited a single page or two before.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There is no easy way to migrate a.cc sso to google sso. They both use magic "tokens" and other such shenanigans.

If by chance the allegro auth wasn't broken, i could have both enabled, and you could link your acc account to a google sso account... buutt... nah.

--

1   2 

Go to: