1   2 
Thoughts about TINS 2017
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I would advise against bringing money into it. It'll attract confidence tricksters. The traditional format attracts people who merely want something to be proud of.

[EDIT]
This year we could rename it to TIOS Is Officially SpeedHack. That way we even get a 1337speak mirror effect: TIOS¦2017 :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Edgar: you don't need to provide them if they can be found on the WEB, AFAIK

Edit, now to the OP:

Source: I would prefer a system where competitors who also provide sources gets at least one more point credited
Allegro: The same as sources, if used it gives bonus, else nothing.
Marketing: On that part I think we can all help, just by sharing the news as soon as we got the dates

I will probably start to do some advertising for TINS, even if not needed, just for the sake of not always being the only one French to join.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

What are the rules about using helper libraries.

You are free to use any helper libraries that are available online up to two weeks before the competition.

This year we could rename it to TIOS Is Officially SpeedHack. That way we even get a 1337speak mirror effect: TIOS¦2017 :)

Cool idea, but I think I'll pass. I think changing the name would be a bit confusing and won't help marketing.

I will probably start to do some advertising for TINS, even if not needed, just for the sake of not always being the only one French to join.

That would be greatly appreciated! As soon as the date is picked you can go wild with advertising!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Are there any size restrictions on the source code or resulting binaries?

There is a restriction for your entry of 5Mb after zipping

The zip file does NOT need to contain
- allegro itself
- compiled binaries
- publicly available library dependencies

The zip file DOES need to contain:
- the source code
- the assets
- build files, any other files you made that are needed to build and run your entry

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I need confirmation.

I'm polishing my engine (Allegro based). It is not a stand alone engine like Unity, I mean it is a collection of classes and objects you link with the game program; so it works as a library. There isn't problems using it, is it?

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Mingro is fine. Since it's allegro-based and available online, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Whether you call it an engine or a library doesn't really matter.

1   2 

Go to: