Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » What are you currently playing?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
What are you currently playing?
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

I probably shouldn't buy it just because I probably won't get to it, but it looks quite nostalgic to me.

Very nostalgic. It's like going back 20 years and remembering how amazed we were when the N64 was released. Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie are the only platformers I've ever enjoyed enough to bother getting good at (I did a 100% clear on SM64), and playing YL is like slipping on an old glove. It's also the first non-N64 game that I've played exclusively with a controller instead of using a keyboard and mouse.

SiegeLord said:

I'm playing through the campaign of Age of Empires (+ Rise of Rome expansion + some community patch), it's pretty sweet.

AoE I and II both had good campaigns, as did Age of Mythology. I didn't enjoy III as much for single player but it was good for multiplayer.

If anyone has an active server I could get into it again

If you PM Thomas he can whitelist you on our server. It's always up, but it's not always particularly active.

What's your connection like? I've always had huge animal herds around my bases on servers and never experienced any issues. I did once get distracted and forgot that I was at my skeleton farm and it continued to spawn for the rest of the day. That caused some lag issues for the entire server. Likewise, if I allowed too many skeletons to spawn before I'd throw a potion to kill them all at once, the number of particles created would cause extreme lag for minutes.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

SiegeLord said:

Also still going through Deus Ex, somewhat slowly though.

The original? I played and finished that few months ago for the first time and was totally blown away. Plus, even as I never played it before it had the nice nostalgia feeling thanks to the Unreal Engine.

Last week I finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter which left me with mixed feelings. I liked the story, the environment, and the graphics. However, after the very promising beginning the puzzles start to be very easy to solve at which point I thought for myself that the creators sort of gave up on them. But very nice one-time thing for 4 hours provided you get it on sale.

And right now I'm hooked up to The Talos Principle, if you like puzzle games with really nice backstory interwoven with philophy and asking provocative questions, then this one is really for you.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I got my hands on a copy of Day of the Tentacle in the end (a friend had a spare copy as part of a bundle), but I haven't played it yet. So much else to do!

I play so few games, but when I do find a game I like, I play it to death. The last two were The Witness and Human Resource Machine :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

>That's a good one. How's the performance on Switch? I own it on Wii U, where it drops frames more frequently than I'd like.

In portable mode, I don't notice frame drops, but then, I think I would only notice it if it went below like 40fps. When I had played docked recently, I did notice some slow downs.

Before the first patch after release, I did noticed that the game would just lock up for a second once in a while. It's possible that a game patch or a system patch fixed that issue though, I haven't seen it do that recently. (Considering someone noticed that putting the Switch in airplane solved some frame drops on the system, so OS patch may have fixed some issues)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

I'm all over the place. Last night was modded Minecraft - Project Ozone 2

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

LennyLen said:

What's your connection like?

Right now, with no one else online I'm getting 1.0 Mbps down / 0.38 Mbps up but sometimes it's wildly unstable dropping connections everywhere.

I think I've been on the Allegro server before, a few years ago. I'm probably still white-listed but I don't have the IP anymore. Has it been wiped since? I remember even at the time the frustration of having to wander for miles to find new chunks with new content.

Also, I don't know when the last time you played was, but now swords have a sweeping attack you can use for your skeletons. I used to breed massive amounts of chickens with seeds, kill them with a potion of harming, then spawn more with the eggs. I don't think it helped being so close to my house with lots of redstone wiring.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone runs the latest snapshots rather than the stable releases.

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I think I've been on the Allegro server before, a few years ago. I'm probably still white-listed but I don't have the IP anymore. Has it been wiped since?

We're playing on a relatively new world now. It doesn't take long to find somewhere new.

The address is: mc2.tomasu.org

Quote:

Also, I don't know when the last time you played was, but now swords have a sweeping attack you can use for your skeletons.

I've played since they changed it, but I haven't farmed mobs since the changes.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

Nice. I might stop by tomorrow and see if I can get into it again :)

Is it vanilla?

[Website] [Youtube]

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@LennyLen: Can anyone join the server, or do you have to be whitelisted?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I think it's set to whitelist only.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

It seems I wasn't white-listed anymore. It could be because I "changed" my name to fix a typo, or the fact that the Minecraft changed that system to enable name changing.

I messaged Thomas earlier today. No dice :'(

[Website] [Youtube]

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thomas has no free time anymore. He has a wife. Now he works, and then does her bidding, and then sleeps. Repeat. :'(

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I messaged Thomas earlier today. No dice

I'll try to reach him on the forum for the server and let him know (he does keep an eye on it).

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

bamccaig said:

Thomas has no free time anymore. He has a wife. Now he works, and then does her bidding, and then sleeps. Repeat. :'(

I have some time, but I feel spending time here has stopped being a good use of my time. Soon I'll have a kid too. Couple more months. Woo.

Felix, replied to your PM, minecraft can't find a Felix-The-Ghost user.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I switch between Prison Architect, Civilization VI and Endless Legend on my 2-3 free hours on Friday evenings.

Throughout the week, I play short bursts of Clash Royale on my phone, typically around when I eat. I never played Clash of Clans and felt it had this air of being a "money-suck", so I was leery to pick up Clash Royale. But, I'm glad I did. I find it to be a highly competitive, RTS game that requires a lot of practice to really get into the upper ranks and I've only purchased one thing in-game thus far, just because I feel I've got enough enjoyable playtime with it that I don't mind putting a little in.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Heroes of the Storm :o

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

:o Through a weird series of events I think someone just gave me a Minecraft server :o

I have a question that is difficult to Google with relevant up-to-date information: Is it possible at all to use bukkit/spigot on snapshot versions of Minecraft, or is it like, if you use a snapshot server it is doomed to be completely vanilla?

Update: For some reason the dude unfriended me on discord and the server is down. It's not like he was even "pranking" me either because we spoke for like an hour on discord and even screen-shared him setting up the servers. I also got to enjoy the server for a few hours ???

[Website] [Youtube]

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I've been playing From the Depths, a warship building game.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I play Calculords on the porcelain throne, Utopia in the comfort of my cubicle. ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

On PS4 I'm playing Darksiders 1 & 2, and FFXV. On PS3 I've been mostly playing Mass Effect 1-3, Farcry 2, and the Lego collection of games. On PC I'm mostly playing Starbound and FFXI.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I've only been playing solitaire. I'm so burnt out working two jobs and trying to get Allegro to work on my laptop that I don't want to think.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My finaceƩ works two jobs and sometimes picks up a few hours babysitting too. I don't know how she does it. I couldn't. Props to you if you can, but watch you don't burn yourself right out. She's doing it mostly to pay off student loans. That seems like an oxymoron to me. She went to college so she could work two jobs to try to pay off the debt! Worst part is, the job in her field with her diploma barely beats minimum wage. It's silly. Thanks Feminism! :(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Derezo said:

I play Calculords on the porcelain throne

Looks like a fun game. Do you wear a crown and hold a scepter while on your throne? :P

Specter Phoenix said:

On PS3 I've been mostly playing ... Farcry 2 ...

Do you like Far Cry 2? I played it for a few hours on Steam a while back, but didn't care for it. The environments are very pretty though.

bamccaig said:

Worst part is, the job in her field with her diploma barely beats minimum wage.

What field is she in?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What field is she in?

Child care AKA Daycare. The official title is ECE AKA "Early Childhood Educator". The acronym apparently collides with some type of electrical engineer. :D She started going for a teaching degree, but ran out of money/credit due to personal life shenanigans and settled for this. Most of the debt is from the incomplete teaching degree, but that's beside the point. I knew some people 5 or so years ago that graduated with teaching degrees in Ontario and they had to move to the UK to get jobs.

1   2   3 

Go to: