Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Looking to decode .raw files

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Looking to decode .raw files
Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I'm trying to write a linux camera driver. I found a sample program that reads and writes to the drive in .raw format. I'm looking for a program that decodes the file to either jpg or mpeg format. I found Dcraw but get errors when compiling. Anyone know another open source decoder I can use?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Do you need a program or a library? ImageMagick can probably convert them.

What distro are you using? Ubuntu has dcraw in its repo.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I believe I need the program. I am hoping to write my on version of Skype and may need it for distro. I am using Ubuntu gnome (yakkety).

<update> I tried installing Dcraw, from this site, but ran into an old problem. Some ofthe depositories are not available for yakkety. I guess I'll be swapping Ubuntu versions.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Go to: