StarCraft Remastered
Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Nice!

Funny, I was thinking of redoing one of my old Allegro games with the same idea. A "Remastered" version, just for fun.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I just mentioned to my friends / family the same thing! It's supposed to include LAN support too. And of course, more important than "4K" to me (and I have a 4K display) is proper widescreen support. (Did you look at the screenshots? In 4K [edit]SOME of the[/edit] original 3-D models look kind of... cheap.)

ALSO, the ORIGINAL starcraft / broodwar "anthology" set is supposed to be FREE. They're basically applying one last patch 1.18, and giving Starcraft 1 away! Granted, I've already bought it at least twice...

I have some mixed feelings though. One the plus side, it's amazing to see a big company update their previous product. (Who knows the price it'll be though...) However, one also should wonder why so many people want to play the FIRST one when the sequel is out? Doesn't that kind of imply the sequel doesn't meet people's expectations and perferences? (It sure didn't for me! The campaign was fine but the multiplayer felt like they were given you a tiny subset of units that they'd later CHARGE YOU to get that feeling of an exhaustive army. )

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

People love nostalgia. It was bound to happen at some point regardless of the quality of SC2 I think. There have been a lot of "Remasters" done lately.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Looks awesome. I wanna play it, I'm a big fan of SC, playing latest of course. But come on, the targeted age is so much younger now, and that makes it so much less of a melancholy.. :(

Also that war on smokes.. People smoke on a war. I don't smoke, I hate the smell. But it wastes the realism of the thing by removing the smokes from it.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I loved the original. While the campaign in the sequel was fun, I never ended up buying it. The multiplayer didn't look that great. It just has a different feel to it than the original. I can't explain it.

Did you look at the screenshots?

Yeah, I seen the screenshots, they look amazing! I'm like you, I bought the game a couple times over now I think. I think the level editing for the original and actually being able to create your own scenarios and missions was awesome.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

I'll still get zerg rushed and die within 30 seconds :-/

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I'll still get zerg rushed and die within 30 seconds :-/

;D pretty much sums up my very experience with multiplayer in the original Starcraft. I still liked the campaign but never got around to finish the last Protoss mission.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I don't get how to access this stuff?
Is it a standalone game, or a patch?
Or is it to be a standalone game, or is it available now?
Seems like not a word about it on that page.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The trailer says summer release.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Thanks.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The remastered version comes out in a few months. The 1.18 patch to BW that was going to make the game free was supposed to have rolled on Friday but has been pushed back a week or so.

There is a version playable on the PTR which can be found here.

Go to: