Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » OpenGL Access Violations - glBindFrameBuffer

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
OpenGL Access Violations - glBindFrameBuffer
thebignic
Member #14,419
July 2012

I'm using Allegro 5.1.13 (edit: still happens with 5.2.2 with ALLEGRO_UNSTABLE) and building for Win32. My implementation works 100% fine on most workstations but the error pops up on an old beasty core2 duo with an integrated graphics card.

The issue: I'm getting an access violation when trying to bind an FBO.

But weirder than that, even if I try to glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER,0); just to clear any previous bindings, I still get the access violation.

Weirder still, I tried to check the FBO before binding and glCheckFramebufferStatus(GL_FRAMEBUFFER) crashes too.

Google doesn't seem to be much help (access violations just don't happen on these functions for anyone else?!)

Any OpenGL gurus have any idea what might be happening?

I can chalk it up to "old crappy hardware with poor OpenGL drivers" and that'd be FINE if I could even bypass the error - but I cant even trap the access violation and just run the game without depth buffers or suggest to the user that the game isnt going to work on their hardware.

Edit: I notice that there seem to be some #defines that actually redefine these calls towards some internal Allegro functions - why is that? Is ALLEGRO doing the same thing that GLEW et al do?

Go to: