Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Humble Bundle - For Freedom

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Humble Bundle - For Freedom
Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

That's a pretty awesome collection for $30.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Damn, that's huge. I never spend that much on Humble but geez... I might have to...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It seems like Humble Bundle sold out years ago. What's the point of it anymore? What's really humble about the bundle? How is it different than any other video game marketplace (aside from some indie influence still)?

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

bamccaig said:

It seems like Humble Bundle sold out years ago. What's the point of it anymore? What's really humble about the bundle? How is it different than any other video game marketplace (aside from some indie influence still)?

They still support charities.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

That is an absolutely staggering amount of games for just $30. :o

Most of the games I have never heard of before, but a few I have. I got the bundle, mostly for The Witness. Although the money goes to support various charities, I cringe whenever I see a bundle, because I feel the developers deserve more than a few bucks per game... :-X

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It was B.S. though, you HAD to support one of three charities. Screw the ACLU, give me back the EFF charity option.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Derp. I broke down and bought it. Mainly for The Witness and System Shocks... Alas.

Append:

I donated all 100% to Doctors Without Borders though. The other two both seemed to have sexist agendas, at least partially.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Good choice, Bam. I've known a few doctors who have done the Doctors without Borders. My hat's off to them!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Anyone want "Day of the Tentacle"? It doesn't interest me, so I'm gifting it away. I made a thread about it here.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Bought it too, actually.

While having to activate each game one-by-one on Steam, I got a "you're activating too many products in a short amount of time, try again later." :P

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Yeah, I got that too. That reminds me, I still have about 10 left to activate... :-/ I do wish Steam offered a bundle option to automatically recognize a whole list of product keys...

Append:

Speaking of gifts, I already had a handful of the best games in the bundle so now I have giftable licenses for them up for grabs. If anybody is interested reply or PM:

• Overgrowth Steam Key

• Octodad Dadliest Catch

• World of Goo

• VVVVVV

Go to: