Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Sandwiches

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Sandwiches
Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

This topic is about sandwiches. In it, we will discuss sandwiches. We may voice opinions, we may confide secrets, and we may discover common ground--but ultimately, we must pertain to sandwiches.

The first sandwich I ever truly loved was egg. I was four years old. My egg sandwich was not nearly as glorious as the egg sandwich pictured below.

{"name":"0SZH9YK.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f4642171b2b5931983bf0437e77171c.jpg","w":2048,"h":2048,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f4642171b2b5931983bf0437e77171c"}0SZH9YK.jpg

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

When it comes to sandwiches I've always been a simple man.

Whole wheat or honey wheat bread, two slices of bologna, slice of american cheese or swiss cheese (or a slice of each), with ketchup and spicy brown mustard, maybe mayo once in a while.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Bologna and Swiss is a match made in heaven. I heartily concur.

Sometimes I grill the bologna, if the griddle is already out. It only takes about one minute to achieve proper bowing.

{"name":"mUlOJaV.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/5742813f0e9c5bad4a2b7bc3c31c5e92.jpg","w":1600,"h":1285,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/7\/5742813f0e9c5bad4a2b7bc3c31c5e92"}mUlOJaV.jpg

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I'm partial to a good ol' fashioned peanut butter and banana sandwich. It's especially good when toasted and with chunky peanut butter.

{"name":"00bf30a8c31fe6af9e8d2b6475b7acdc.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53ef39af5a79e5ad9a61cb62b4252502.jpg","w":500,"h":500,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/3\/53ef39af5a79e5ad9a61cb62b4252502"}00bf30a8c31fe6af9e8d2b6475b7acdc.jpg

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I particularly like a fresh bagel, dry toasted, with grilled ham, a grilled egg and extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

A few weeks ago I tried something "weird" for the first time: a fried egg and peanut butter sandwich. I toasted the bread of course. Very good!

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Mature cheddar with branstons pickle, sometimes a bit of red onion.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Felix: that's totally weird, but I tried it for lunch today... it was surprisingly good!

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

@Felix: that's totally weird, but I tried it for lunch today... it was surprisingly good!

Crazy, right? You can break the yolk and let the bread soak it up :)

[Website] [Youtube]

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

My earliest memories of a sandwich I really enjoyed was also an egg sandwich, although the egg was scrambled, and it had 'Cheez Whiz' style cheese (if you even consider it cheese).

Nowadays I've been known to just eat the bread plain... or sometimes with a smattering of mustard.

Edit:
I also couldn't care less about bread type. White, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickle... I eat whatever my good wife decides to bring home.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

Scambled eggs sandwiches are great. I like to cook the eggs with shredded cheese and also use a slice of cheese in the sandwich with some mayo/miracle whip.

[Website] [Youtube]

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Scrambled egg sandwiches should not use cheese, that is an egg & cheese sandwich. I will accept cress. And before anyone says that's an egg & cress sandwich, no.

My brother used to eat peanut butter & salad cream sandwiches, because he said they tasted of salt & vinegar crisps (chips).

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I could never eat eggs until I was in my 20's. It was as if I had an allergic reaction. Once I discovered that they didn't bother me anymore I developed a real taste for them. A couple of years ago I discovered that some restaurants in Michigan offered hamburgers with fried eggs on them! Ever since I always look for that where ever I go. Fortunately, the phenomenon has spread into Canada (I don't know if it's always been here, but I didn't notice until then). There are still only a few restaurants that offer it, but I always take the opportunity. The last time I did this I ordered the egg "sunny-side up" and they delivered it to my table in a basket. You can imagine this did not go well, but I made the most of it. :D

On the flip-side, my finacee hates sandwiches (except for actual hamburgers). She won't eat it no matter if it's peanut butter (which she loves), jam, or lunch meat. She just hates sandwiches. I think it's all in her head, but what can you do. :P More sandwiches for me! But truth be told, I don't eat them often enough to stock bread so I don't really make them... But I do like them!

The tomato sandwich is a classic, as is the left-over turkey! I really love "hot sandwiches" which I occasionally order at restaurants. They're essentially a meat of choice (e.g., turkey or chicken) stuck between 2 slices of bread and drowned in gravy. I fucking love gravy so naturally I love this. The bread is also drowned in gravy so you eat the entire thing with a fork and knife.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I have ALWAYS been a bread man, and a sandwedge man. Not even tons of kinds. Mostly a ham & turkey.

I've been getting the same sandwedge at Subway made for 15+ years. (Except their quality sucks ASS now.)

White bread.
Ham and Turkey
Provolone cheese
lettace
tomato
light amount of mayo
LOTS of oil and vinegar
easy on the oregano

DELICIOUS.

I also try the house club sandwedge whereever I go.

Also, Muenster cheese is AMAZING.

Steak-and-cheese can be a great sandwedge. Nice and melted, on toasted bread.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

If you guys have an Arby's near you, this might be my favorite sandwich (RIP Quiznos though)

[Website] [Youtube]

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

You call those sandviches? This is a sandvich. Okay, two, but anyway.
{"name":"610789","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e0da82abb1983bbaa0d8bedb667032a4.jpg","w":3840,"h":2160,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e0da82abb1983bbaa0d8bedb667032a4"}610789

You don't deserve my sig.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

On the flip-side, my finacee hates sandwiches (except for actual hamburgers). She won't eat it no matter if it's peanut butter (which she loves), jam, or lunch meat. She just hates sandwiches. I think it's all in her head, but what can you do. :P More sandwiches for me! But truth be told, I don't eat them often enough to stock bread so I don't really make them... But I do like them!

I don't really like sandwiches either because I'm not a fan of bread. I only eat them sometimes because it's a convenient way of putting things together, though I'm more likely to get flatbread and have a wrap.

Quote:

A couple of years ago I discovered that some restaurants in Michigan offered hamburgers with fried eggs on them!

It's not a burger in NZ if it doesn't have fried egg in it. Or beetroot.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Toast some 100 % rye bread. Tomato slices and avocado. Nothing else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Man, some of those pictures look delicious!

I used to love Quiznos until my wife and I got SUPER-ROYALLY SICK off them. Puking up our guts. We can't even look at the sign without feeling a little sick now. :/

Of course, I know the naysayers are complaining that we're not talking about REAL sandwedges that aren't made in a fast-food joint.

Eventually when things calm down in my life, I want to start building some recipes. I'm a huge sandwedge fan. Everyone who knows me makes fun of me for always getting a sandwedge when we go out to eat.

I love many kinds of pizzas. I love many kinds of sandwedges. I'm Italian so I'm a BIG bread man.

I can't stand eating just a stack of meat, or a super-cheap burger with nothing but meat and little bread. I need lots of bread, lettuce, and tomatoes.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

jhuuskon: Those are an appetizing couple of sandviches! Were they yours?

Allegro.cc is responsible for my reoccuring Nutella addiction. I just remembered this today, while rumaging through the pantry. It was Evert (if I remember correctly). He mentioned something about "Nutella and two pieces of bread." At the time, Nutella was not a household name in the States (sad, I know). These days, you can find it anywhere.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

There's a new Youtube channel up by the LGR guy all about sammiches! :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz9uUFDhsPYii-ZihoKsbPg

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Nutella was not a household name in the States (sad, I know)

Ferrero Rocher were probably still pissed about Kinder Surprise eggs being banned.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I've been doing hot sandwiches lately. Just basic ingredients. Lunchmeat, cheese, some kind of condiment, and bread. Heat it up on a panini press and it's freaking delicious.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

back in the day when money was short I used to eat sugar sandwiches and ketchup sandwiches.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

1   2 

Go to: