SO GLAD I NEVER WENT WITH GITLAB
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

At least the comedy for 2018 has already started:
https://theoutline.com/post/983/brianna-wu-says-the-gamergate-playbook-poisoned-the-election

video

Appears to be that vimeo is hit or miss so here is a direct link: https://vimeo.com/199922977

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I never realized how "butch" her voice was... Not that I really have encountered much of her shit before. But damn, did anybody check for an Adam's apple?

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Wait... you know Brianna was born with a penis, right?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Surprise! It's possible to be a tranny and a really awful person at the same time :-*

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

That part, I wish Hollywood and ivory liberals would just STFU on. They complain when ANYONE in TV and movies is a flawed character unless they're a white male.

White males can die, be nazis, be the evil villain. But they can also be GREAT, deep, flawed real characters!

But the second you make a REAL, flawed, 3-D woman character, women and white knights create a PR storm. SO, then you get only PERFECT women characters and then buttbags like Anita Sarkesian complain that women are "TOO PERFECT" and "creating unrealistic standards."

You can't please these morons because they don't even know what they want.

The same thing applies to blacks, Muslims, disabled people. Family Guy had an episode with Chris dating an autistic girl--VOICED BY A REAL AUTISTIC VOICE ACTOR, and liberals still lost their crap over it. Remember folks, giving autistic people paying jobs is bigotry. "The only GOOD disabled person is one you never see!"

Or when Ben Stiller did Tropic Thunder with "Simple Jack", a character super-obviously mocking actors who use "playing a r-tard" as a way to improve their career credibility. Liberals were FURIOUS ... except a foundation for autism gave the movie a complete thumbs up.

New liberals simply don't understand humor. Because humor requires understanding a concept. New liberals don't want to understand. They want to see SINGLE WORDS and then magically launch into emotional self-righteous tirades.

They might as well be Bible Thumpers seeing the words "God Damn" and picketing a movie.

If new liberals didn't live so far up their own asses, they'd probably notice how all of the greatest comedians, and even HARDCORE LIBERALS from the 90's like Bill Maher and Michael Moore (actual "liberal leaders") are complaining that the left's censorship and self-righteousness has gotten out of control.

"The left will eat itself."

And I say all of this, as a moderate, who voted for Obama twice. But it's also sad-as-hell that for any liberal to even take my post seriously, I have to virtue-signal by going out of my way to show I'm not an alt-right, neocon, nazi.

The second someone gets to the point where they assume anyone who criticizes them, is a-bigot-until-proven-otherwise, should be a red flag that they've willingly brainwashed themselves. Calling someone a bigot without evidence is a horrific slur and anyone who does it is a very bitter and disturbed individual. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if someone called their mother or child a bigot/nazi/fascist/traitor/rapist without evidence. But somehow, they've managed to dehumanize anyone who is trying to help them see the light, so all words and all actions are okay.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I've been enjoying Troy Leavitt's video series he started:

Sexism in Games (five videos so far):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMaaDav46gM&list=PLoWLzU0eiiGsmyx9RBWDJ7Y0VrX7e9UIV

Behind the Scenes (only 2 videos so far):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGvGdgEZ8Dk&list=PLoWLzU0eiiGvi7MJp5Hd9Vk3qq7JZ_ddC

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It's possible I knew Wu was a dangler in the past. I'm not sure. I certainly didn't actually think she was transsexual when I posted that... Which I think says something in itself. In any case, that just adds that much more lulz to the fire that she would be one of the "leaders" of the whole gamergate "sexism" bullshit... It's not as if anybody is going to hear her voice in Counter-Strike and start hitting on "her". ;D

You can't please these morons because they don't even know what they want.

Female nature, IMO. I've lost count of how many times I've zig-zagged around the city waiting for my nagging finacee to decide what she wants to eat. I mean, it's life threatening that she's hungry, but heaven be damned if she can figure out what she wants to eat! >:( And of course, it always starts with, "I don't care where we go!" Maybe science should consider the possibility that as vital as women are to society, maybe, just maybe, they're fucking nuts.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Will this be the year that the world becomes run by fear and false perceptions instead of logic and clarity? Seems like it is ramping up to that.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

At least the comedy for 2018 has already started:

Did you see Harmful Opinions's take on this? He thinks (and I'm inclined to agree) that 'she' processed 'her' voice to try and sound softer and more girly.

video

Honestly though - two serious questions about politics:

• Why is it so binary? So many people worshipping the ground their preferred candidate walks on...

• Why is it so important? We don't have much control over it, we just get to vote on something occasionally (unless you count writing to your MP to draw attention to an issue, which you can do regardless). On the other hand we have lives to get on with which can be very rich and fulfilling.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Will this be the year that the world becomes run by fear and false perceptions instead of logic and clarity? Seems like it is ramping up to that.

You say that as if it hasn't been that way for 20 years already.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

And I'm wondering if part of it is because the mainstream media is desperate because of falling revenue. They seem to be going slightly berzerk.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

bamccaig said:

You say that as if it hasn't been that way for 20 years already.

Well there has always been a glimmer of hope during the 20 years, but it feels like that hope is dissipating.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

You say that as if it hasn't been that way for 20 years already

You mean 20 centuries, right?

Will this be the year that the world becomes run by fear and false perceptions instead of logic and clarity?

You seem to be the one is constantly afraid of made up bullshit though. Basically, you are the problem in that regard.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

LennyLen said:

You seem to be the one is constantly afraid of made up bullshit though.

Yes, like the made up bullshit of game sites declaring their base demographic dead. The made up bullshit of the people claiming gamers are <insert label here> and terrorists are now the same ones calling for riots and violence to protest Trump. I'm so glad it is made up, means all the destruction at UC Berkley wasn't real.

No, I get concerned when I see things happen that are reason for concern; like industry sites attacking their alleged demographic or developers saying Anita has a valid point even when her points are based off using lies and a narrow representation of games to make the point.

The people at UC Berkley and anti-Trumpers are reacting to not liking differing views or what they have worked up in their mind. For example, some anti-Trumper still think he has the power to implement slavery again or to keep women from voting while not realizing the Supreme Court would deem both of them as unconstitutional. Same with game industry, while they will rule it unconstitutional if someone tries to control freedom of speech or freedom of expression, it isn't unconstitutional for them to implement laws saying video games can't advertise on television, movies, or outside game magazines.

1   2 

Go to: