Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » How many games are in your backlog?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
How many games are in your backlog?
Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I have about 40 games to get to. How about you?

[EDIT]
So I'm currently playing Fallout: New Vegas for the fourth or fifth time (going for all the achievements). Once that's done, I'll move on to Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and then probably Far Cry 4 or Titan Souls.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I'd say basically 0, as I'm not sure what to play next. I just finished a play through of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (it's a pretty sweet game), and now I am going through my annual playthrough of the original Deus Ex. Concurrently I am making a run through Diablo 2.

I think the only things that I immediately am likely to get to is a season playthough of Diablo 3, and maybe finish more of Age of Wonders 3.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

0 for me. Some games I'd like to try but don't have a computer they would run on.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

For PC it is 0 as my laptop isn't powerful enough to run most games (can run older games). On PS3/PS4 I have well over 100 because I've bought games during sales and dirt cheap, but never touched them.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I'd like to play every game in the world at least once, so my backlog is however many that is minus the thousand or so that I already have played.

Izual
Member #2,756
September 2002

Only 1 when it will be released. Bloodstained

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'm not sure how to count them. I have games that I'm not sure I want to play, and games I thought i'd want to play but never get around to it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Too many, way too many...

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

0 for me. Some games I'd like to try but don't have a computer they would run on.

I'm surprised you don't have a top-o'-the-line gaming setup. Any plans to get a beefier computer in the future? I bought a decent desktop back in May of last year, but before that I seldom played on PC (my crummy laptop wouldn't cut it).

I have games that I'm not sure I want to play, and games I thought i'd want to play but never get around to it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what makes up my backlog. There are really only 5 or 6 games I really want to play, while the rest is stuff I bought but haven't touched yet. Curse you, Steam sales! >:(

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I only have my travel laptop where the emphasize was lightweight and long battery live - which unfortunately meant no heavy games. I do have a recent enough desktop PC but it's several 1000 miles away :P

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

All of my games are on the backlog. I have no time to play, but if I did, I would probably pop "The Ocarina of Time" in and give it a go.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

None at the moment.

SiegeLord said:

now I am going through my annual playthrough of the original Deus Ex

That's probably the game I replayed most frequently, but I'm far from doing it annually. The last iteration was years ago. I remember trying hard to save Paul.
While mentioning it... I've wanted to try out the third part. Maybe. Some time. If it was as bad in comparison to the seconds part as the second part was in comparison to the first, I'd rather not try it at all, though.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Probably about 3 or 4 - would like to play Doom and The Witness, maybe the new Final Fantasy, but I feel like I have too many IRL things to do.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Bob Keane: Ocarina of Time is a great choice.

I feel like I have too many IRL things to do.

You're no fun. >:( :P

[EDIT]
So I snagged the final achievement and finished New Vegas again this evening. It was fun. Probably won't play it again for a few years now though. Now onto Far Cry 4, which has been collecting dust in my library for a while now.

[DOUBLE EDIT]
Far Cry 4 is fun so far. I like how pretty everything looks. The story is lacking (so far) compared to 3, but maybe it'll improve down the line. It also sports the usual amount of Ubisoft bugs (game crashes and BOD crashes mostly). No creepy faceless people though, sadly.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Well, I finally bought Portal 2 (and loved it!), so... I sort of gave up on getting new games, unless they are cheap. I have a ton of them I already purchased that I have yet to play! Mostly from GOG.com when they have sales and I get them for like, $2 or something.

There is a really nice looking MYST like game, called Querny I think which I really want to grab off of Steam sometime soon.

Probably about 3 or 4 - would like to play Doom and The Witness, maybe the new Final Fantasy, but I feel like I have too many IRL things to do.

You can download the new Doom demo, it's free and lengthy. I still haven't finished it yet. I was surprised there was a free demo. Impressive tech, I may end up buying it.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It's tons for me but I gotta be in the mood to play.

I've been playing Galactic Junk League which is in public beta. It's so freaking fun. Put 23 hours in so far. Free to play, no pay to win.

I bought Witcher 3 but I'm waiting to play it a game like that requires you to dedicate a week or two of your life. I can't play a game like that for an hour and then play other games. You gotta get sucked into it like Skyrim. So I'm putting it off for now for a time I've got nothing else going on.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

I bought Witcher 3 but I'm waiting to play it a game like that requires you to dedicate a week or two of your life. I can't play a game like that for an hour and then play other games. You gotta get sucked into it like Skyrim. So I'm putting it off for now for a time I've got nothing else going on.

I'm in the same boat. I tried playing it two times, but got interrupted with other stuff and now I feel like I have to restart it from the beginning.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

I finished Uncharter 4 a week ago and I think it's a pretty good game, I also played Uncharter 3 and also liked it. I don't really have any backlog, if there is a game that I really want to play I play it and normally complete it. But there aren't many games that call my attention...

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Uncharted 4 looks like fun. I don't have a PS4 though, but if it ever comes to PC, I'll probably play it.

So I finished Far Cry 4 today. It's a fun game. Definitely recommend picking it up on sale.

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

You need to Buy a PS4 and Play it™

Go to: