Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Depot project queue

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Depot project queue
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I've added some projects to the depot recently, I think I've got about 4 queued up now. What are the chances of moving these through the review process?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

{"name":"610741","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/3\/632890d03f10c7e55e09da492aa124b3.gif","w":300,"h":222,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/3\/632890d03f10c7e55e09da492aa124b3"}610741

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

{"name":"2eap8hd.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/f\/1f66b544a00dac0de7bd85dbd80ae6c9.jpg","w":400,"h":300,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/f\/1f66b544a00dac0de7bd85dbd80ae6c9"}2eap8hd.jpg

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Awwwww :} :} :} :} :}

sorry, emokitteh.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

We could have a page on the wiki where we put links to GitHub pages of completed games or something like that.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Does that mean that the depot is broken and that the Supreme Dictator left us alone ?

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

He gave up years ago. Sites been on maintenance mode for AGES.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

+1 Mark Oates. Fucking greatest response ever. I think that the review is manual, perhaps ML himself, and I think he's busy trying to survive a nightmarish job (or else living the high life). Honestly, I have no idea what he's doing, but he seems to have lost either interest or time for A.cc. To be fair, I think he mentioned that he has an infant! Probably means he has two cry babies to deal with. Assuming that wasn't trolling, that would probably take a lot of time.

ajsuson
Member #14,202
April 2012

I've added some projects to the depot recently, I think I've got about 4 queued up now. What are the chances of moving these through the review process?

First, state what you're trying to say.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

What are you trying to say?

ajsuson
Member #14,202
April 2012

I want know why your 4 projects are in queue. I want to understand this.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

This website had a feature where you could add your projects, called the "Depot": https://www.allegro.cc/depot/

It has not worked for several (5+?) years now though.

He thought it still works and so queued up 4 of his projects and now was wondering why they did not show up.

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Hmm, I didn't know it was that bad, that's disappointing.

We could put some alternative up, using the wiki or something like that... but is there really any demand for it left?

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

but is there really any demand for it left?

Clearly, or this thread would not exist :)

--

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

The depot doesn't even work?
:o :'( :-X :( :-/ >:( :-[ ???

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

A regular old page on the wiki would be too easy to fill with random junk unfortunately. And people would need to spend real time to go through games. preferably multiple people so its more of a group effort instead of burning people out. Also good to have more than one people review the same game to get differing opinions.

Like peer-review.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I think a centralized location would be nice for all of our games :)

I bought the domain allegroplanet.com with an intention to eventually add some simple features that we could all use. I'd like to make it an open-source app, and initial features might be a community depo, a centralized table for allegro binaries, and a hack-a-thon service. That's the idea anyway. :)

--

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I like the sound of that, Mark. :) I'm ready and willing to help develop it.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Yes, I'd volunteer as well to help with that.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Cool :) Thanks for the interest!

There's a major caveat for this project that you might not like - it'll be a Rails 5.0 app and server-side code will need to be done using Ruby. Ruby as a language is easy to use, but Rails has a bit of a learning curve. :)

I would really like to authenticate users via allegro.cc. That would be ideal. ;)

In addition to the things I mentioned, some stretch goals are:

1. Online high score service

2. Auto-building your allegro games from source across multiple platforms.

3. Multiplayer service

4. Bot polling of allegro.cc forums to provide push notifications.

5. Something similar to Nintendo's Miiverse.

Basically it would kinda be like "Allegro as a service".

___

The app is live at: https://sheltered-atoll-29447.herokuapp.com/
Project repo is here: https://github.com/allegroplanet/allegro-planet

--

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If it's going to be "allegro as a service", can I request:

• Webservice you can use to check if a newer version is available for an installed game

I'll look at the code. RoR is OK, I'm not an expert but I can learn.

edit: sent my first pull request. It's just a small one but you gotta start somewhere. By the way, did you see my PM?

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Ah, Ruby... I can't say I'm too familiar with it. I'm a PHP/MySQL guy, though I suppose I could give Ruby a try.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Webservice you can use to check if a newer version is available for an installed game

That sounds cool :) With a decent repo it shouldn't be too much trouble to tag releases, and have an API that can return those version codes. An endpoint might look like:

GET http://www.allegroplanet.com/games/dr-evil-f-xmas-edition/versions.json

that would return something like:

{ "versions": ["v0.1", "v0.3", "v1.2"] }

___

Quote:

By the way, did you see my PM?

OK, I'll check that out.

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Reminds me a chat with the guy behind Factorio I had in November last year during Game Developers Session. He had a similar experience when trying to get Factorio into the Depot.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

1   2 

Go to: