Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A laptop driver.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
A laptop driver.
type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

This is laptop of my friend.

It says this: PCG-61713V is its model. It is also said on the laptop itself.

Now the funniest part.. I can't find driver for it's camera. It's clearly an internal USB device, but.. There's no such a laptop model on Sony's website. Or anywhere else. Nevertheless, I do believe the device is legit because well. It's still alive, and functions very well. Does feel like Sony's quality. But I killed a LOT of time trying to get her cam running, and now the girl's away and I really hate Skyping through phone. -.-

Only thing I can think about is messaging their support, but I doubt there's any path that's more slow or annoying.

P.S:
I tried Sisoftware Sandra to identify the device, but the attempt was fruitless.
P.P.S:
The lappy is about six years old, and I reinstalled its OS like a year ago, before I did the camera worked.

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Writing on mobile, sorry for the lack of formatting...

Thanks to some Google-fu, I think I found the equivalent model in the US market. It is a VPCCA15FX or a VPCCA37FL which btw was sold only in the Latin America region.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCCA15FX&LOC=3#/downloadTab

That is the link to the support page for the first model, drivers are provided for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Hope this helps with the webcam issues, good luck!

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Thanks.. I'm unsure if that it THE laptop, nor do I know how to check. But there's no driver for a cam. :)
There's the software app, and a firmware upgrade. :S

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

I assume it shows up as unknown in device manager? You should be able to check the properties of it and find the vendor and device IDs, then see if googling those comes up with a driver.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

I assume it shows up as unknown in device manager? You should be able to check the properties of it and find the vendor and device IDs, then see if googling those comes up with a driver.

Thanks.. I'll do that when I lay my hands on the laptop. Not likely she'll do it herself, and we're not gonna get to remote administration mess. That'll be done when she's back though.

Go to: