Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2016

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2016
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

Photos of writing are not very compelling. Written slurs are often used in fake hate crimes. There was a picture of some bruises on a kid, but unless the punk that did that is reported it won't go anywhere. Is that one incident really the only physical evidence you have to present as violence from Trump supporters?

So a man graffitied his own car with the phrase "Fuck you nigger" and "Trump" just for shits and giggles? Your disbelief is astounding.

raynebc said:

Why would a racist endorse someone who stands for women's rights and equality? It makes no sense, and neither do you.

From your source :

UsNews said:

Clinton has yet to address the unexpected new endorsement, but some analysts say Quigg's statements seem "suspect."
"Based on his past statements, it doesn’t appear highly credible that he has changed his effusive allegiance to Donald Trump,” Brian Levin, a former New York police officer who is director of the Centre for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University in San Bernardino, told the Telegraph. “The timing seems suspect. I think this is a function of not wanting to undermine the Trump campaign.”

raynebc said:

Trump is responsible for the violence of the anti-trump agitators? Are you sober?

You clearly mis-read what I said (or meant). What I mean is that the wave of hate speech and violence was spurred on by Trump's endorsement of racism.

EDIT

raynebc said:

There was a picture of some bruises on a kid, but unless the punk that did that is reported it won't go anywhere.

It WAS reported, if you had read the post you would know that. The police said it was a "school matter".

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

So a man graffitied his own car

It's been seen to happen. Don't be so naive.

Quote:

Why would a racist endorse someone who stands for women's rights and equality?

Why do you think a white supremacist wouldn't support a white woman?

Quote:

What I mean is that the wave of hate speech and violence was spurred on by Trump's endorsement of racism.

I don't buy it. Enforcing immigration law is not automatically "racist."

Quote:

It WAS reported, if you had read the post you would know that.

The post did not say the mother had reported it to school authorities, the wording indicated it's outside police jurisdiction. Maybe you didn't read it as clearly and without bias as you thought you did.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Derezo said:

Sexual assault is not trivial, but there is a clear black and white quality to it

I think he is referring to the fact that some feminist groups are trying to claim that consent can be taken back after the act. I believe it came about after this article https://archive.is/jV3gs came out where the author says:

Quote:

Put another way, you have “the right to retroactively withdraw consent” from any encounters you had, at any point in the past, that no longer feel good or safe to you.

Some feminist groups took that to mean you could withdraw consent after the fact and charge the person with rape. There was even a campaign built around that quote.

So a man graffitied his own car with the phrase "Fuck you nigger" and "Trump" just for shits and giggles? Your disbelief is astounding.

Even I questioned that video as it appears the 'vandals' used the car chalk that washes off, the same grease chalk that used car dealers get to write the price on the windshield. The vandals wanted to strike fear in him, but at least were nice enough to use something he could wash off. So if it is true vandalism, I'm glad to see there are some considerate ones. The second thing that jumps out about that particular video is that it is a nice car, and he walks through an empty one car garage with the car sitting right at the edge of the door so why wasn't it parked in the garage? Upon looking at it again I just realized he appears to live in a nice neighborhood, can't tell for sure if it is duplexes or not though, thought it was, but I could be wrong.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

It's been seen to happen. Don't be so naive.

What's the motivation? Attention? I don't buy it. What does he get out of graffitiing his own car? Nothing. The only one who is naive is you.

raynebc said:

Why do you think a white supremacist wouldn't support a white woman?

Because she supports immigration policies that a KKK member would never support.

Did you see David Duke's tweet about how Trump's victory was "A great win for our people"?. They know he's racist and so do you. Stop hiding behind your party and look the devil in the eye. He's feeding you lies.

raynebc said:

I don't buy it. Enforcing immigration law is not automatically "racist."

Building the next "Great Wall of America" to keep Mexicans out is not racist? Calling them all rapists and murderers is not racist? Wake up and smell the shit on your lawn. Calling all Muslim like people terrorists is not racist? Just who do you think you're kidding?

raynebc said:

The post did not say the mother had reported it to school authorities, the wording indicated it's outside police jurisdiction. Maybe you didn't read it as clearly and without bias as you thought you did.

The tweet clearly says the police told her it was a school matter. Since when is assault and battery a school matter? It's an issue for police. Who's reading with bias now?

You're so blind to Trump's propaganda you're giving KKK members the benefit of the doubt, and casting suspicion on honest people just trying to live their lives without being harassed and assaulted.

Even I questioned that video as it appears the 'vandals' used the car chalk that washes off, the same grease chalk that used car dealers get to write the price on the windshield. The vandals wanted to strike fear in him, but at least were nice enough to use something he could wash off. So if it is true vandalism, I'm glad to see there are some considerate ones. The second thing that jumps out about that particular video is that it is a nice car, and he walks through an empty one car garage with the car sitting right at the edge of the door so why wasn't it parked in the garage? Upon looking at it again I just realized he appears to live in a nice neighborhood, can't tell for sure if it is duplexes or not though, thought it was, but I could be wrong.

What does it matter how they did it? What does it matter that it is a nice car? What does it matter that he's in a "nice" neighborhood? None of that matters at all. What matters is that it happened, and he has absolutely zero reason to do it to himself.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Some feminist groups took that to mean you could withdraw consent after the fact and charge the person with rape. There was even a campaign built around that quote.

The hypothetical that Trump was proposing did not involve any consent. He basically describes greeting them with a kiss and a pussy grab -- black and white type of sexual assault.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

And here the hate has to to A.cc :P
I must point out the anti-Trump side seems to be way less cold blooded, to name it in a delicate manner :D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You wanna know what Trump discussed in his meeting with President Obama today?

New York Times said:

Mr. Trump has called human caused climate change a "hoax". He has vowed to dismantle the Environmental Protection Agency "in almost every form".
Mr. Trump has already vowed to "cancel" last year's Paris climate agreement, which commits more than 190 countries to reduce their emissions of planet-warming carbon dioxide pollution, and to dismantle the Clean Power Plan, Mr. Obama's domestic climate change regulations.

Say goodbye to clean air. Say goodbye to the environment. Say goodbye to science. Say goodbye to freedom. Say hello to your next President, Donald Trump, champion of the rich white establishment you thought he was going to change.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Hey guys, I just farted.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

video

Unrelated bonus:

video

(Well, it's maybe related if you consider Trump's views on oil and climate.)

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Just to point out the flaws in your arguments, you're basically arguing that Trump is terrible and therefore the country should have voted for Clinton (mind you, with the bullshit election system in place maybe they did and Trump was elected anyway). The point is, if Clinton was such a good candidate then prove it. Show us what would have been different. Show us the evidence of that. Trump may well be terrible. That has yet to be seen. I have never really liked him. You could say I hated him. And at first I was pretty much against him for president. But the problem is the alternative was no better, and was arguably worse. Fix your goddamn electorate system and maybe every election won't be such a fraud. In any case, it still remains to be seen what Trump will do. The bullshit about "grab her by the pussy" is completely meaningless to me. That's not harmful. That's powerful. The shit that scares me is the anti-climate change shit. Or that sort of stuff. But I absolutely know that Clinton would have gone in the same direction too so I don't think anything was lost on Trump in that respect. As with all American elections for the past several decades, there was never a good candidate, and the American people get so wrapped up in choosing sides that they don't realize they were going to get fucked, and worse, fuck the entire planet, no matter what.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Nice guys. Way to trivialize the most important election in U.S. History.

EDIT

bamccaig said:

But I absolutely know that Clinton would have gone in the same direction too so I don't think anything was lost on Trump in that respect.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Trump is prepared to rape the environment, and Clinton would have preserved it. You're absolutely mental.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

What does it matter how they did it? What does it matter that it is a nice car? What does it matter that he's in a "nice" neighborhood? None of that matters at all. What matters is that it happened, and he has absolutely zero reason to do it to himself.

The point I was trying to make is that vandals typically vandalize with the intent to destroy public or private property. Using a washable item to deface his car is untypical of vandals which would imply they knew him and knew how much he cared about his car. Still strange to have a garage and not park your car in it, but that is a personal choice. Whereas vandals in my town spray painted swastikas and kkk on one of our walking trails requiring city road crews to go out and spray paint over them with darker colors to cover them up.

Derezo said:

The hypothetical that Trump was proposing did not involve any consent.

His hypothetical is also common place for celebrities like I said. You can find many articles covering male and female celebrities who did horrible things, but got off because of their celeb status. Even being rich can get you off from a crime apparently as the kid that got drunk, drove and ended up killing two people and paralyzing a friend when he wrecked got off because "his parents were rich and he didn't know difference between right and wrong." He only go in trouble again after he was caught drinking at a party and fled the states with his mom. Trump is horrible, but fact is that the rich and celebs get away with things you and me would be put in prison for.

Hey guys, I just farted.

You have something in common with Megan Fox [Transformers, Ninja Turtles] as she admitted to one magazine that she loves farting and how they smell like what you eat. I have never viewed her movies the same again.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

This is all just fringe assholes being pricks and pearl clutching reactions. Trump has already revealed his hand several times that he isn't going to build a wall and just recently made it sound like he has no intention of repealing Obamacare (which doesn't affect me as my state had something in place for us before it launched). Well, more accurate to say he stated he is willing to keep parts of the Obama Health Care act.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It's funny bamccaig. You think this shit is all a joke, but Trump's gonna destroy the environment you find so "important".

The American electorate system is a joke, but the power she wields over the entire planet is certainly not. I'm a Canadian. My vote doesn't even count in my own country, let alone yours. I didn't elect Trump. I didn't even have much to say about it until after the election. What I do know is that I don't like or trust Hillary. I don't find her competent. I find her a snake doing others' bidding. I like that Trump spoke his mind. I don't necessarily agree with what he said, but I like that he wasn't afraid to speak it. That alone is probably an improvement. That doesn't mean he'll be good for the country or the world, but I repeat: neither was Hillary. Fix your electorate system and maybe the next go around you'll be able to empower somebody worth empowering. For that matter, maybe by then, I can too. In the meantime, stop blaming other people for things they aren't responsible for. America has been out of control long before Trump was elected. I highly doubt that he'd be able to "build a wall" or deport, imprison, or murder immigrants. He certainly won't have the power to reverse the political power of Feminism in the USA or the Western world. We can only hope that he has the power to push back and maybe get things closer to balanced. It all remains to be seen, and acting like the sky is falling because he won the election is a little bit Social Justice Warrior, if you ask me. Breathe in. Look around you. Are you being shot at? Is anybody banging loudly on your door and shouting? Is the building on fire? Phew, maybe you'll make it after all.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig said:

What I do know is that I don't like or trust Hillary. I don't find her competent. I find her a snake doing others' bidding.

Based on what evidence? The FBI has repeatedly investigated her emails, and found no wrong doing whatsoever. All you have against Hillary are allegations and a general sense of mistrust. What we have with Trump is facts, proven facts about his behavior and his viewpoints and what he intends to do with the country now that he's going to become President.

bamccaig said:

In the meantime, stop blaming other people for things they aren't responsible for. America has been out of control long before Trump was elected.

Trump is responsible for his own behavior and for enabling the actions of other like minded bigots like him. America hasn't been "out of control", in fact America has been largely civil and stable under President Barack Obama, and now Trump is going to undermine everything people in this country have been fighting so hard for all this time. Trump is going to set us back 100 years, to the time of segregation, hatred, sexism, environmental abuse, and whatever else he can dream of.

bamccaig said:

I highly doubt that he'd be able to "build a wall" or deport, imprison, or murder immigrants.

It remains to be seen whether he'll be able to do it, but it is still his intention, and I have no doubt he will work towards those ends.

bamccaig said:

It all remains to be seen, and acting like the sky is falling because he won the election is a little bit Social Justice Warrior, if you ask me. Breathe in. Look around you. Are you being shot at? Is anybody banging loudly on your door and shouting? Is the building on fire? Phew, maybe you'll make it after all.

Acting like everything's okay is what is ignorant here. Invite the devil to dinner and what do you expect him to do but be himself? Luckily I'm in a safe part of the country. Luckily I'm not an ethnic minority. Because Trump and his supporters are going to make life a living hell for them. Racism is okay again. Sexism is okay again. Rape and bigotry and xenophobia are okay again. And Trump has enabled it all. His victory is our loss.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I don't think people are anti-Trump because they love Clinton. In any other election, I would have delighted to see an establishment candidate lose in a shocking manner to an underdog -- especially Clinton.

But I wouldn't expect someone like bambam to get it. He has been one to proudly declare and defend sexist views here. I don't know why you'd bother arguing with him. What I find shameful and embarrassing is that the majority of Americans are also that way or simply don't care enough and look the other way in this odd anybody-but-Clinton fetish.

The amount of victim blaming that goes on to justify ignoring the issues so these morally righteous Trump supporters can sleep at night is impressive. Trump is somebody who I wouldn't, as a person, want to be my neighbor, my daughter's teacher or employer, and sure-as-hell-not anybody's President.

Go to: