Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2016

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2016
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

It's 264 to 215 now. It's still not impossible for Clinton to win, but bloody unlikely.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Google has Trump at 276.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Yayness!

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The Internet sure is going to be salty today.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

The best thing that could happen now is Trump starting to act and behave like a president, disappointing maybe only those who voted for him. I still hope this all was only a hoax by Trump, knowing what strings to pull ("If I ever run for president, it will be as a republican candidate" and all that stuff). Now he will start doing real things. I'll probably dislike most things he'll do, but I still hope he'll do the things like a president, not as the donkey cavity he has pretended to be, which was only there to assure white trash votes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What's amazing to me are the people that somehow believe Hilary would have been good for the country or the world... ??? I mean, I can't guarantee that Trump will be good for either, but I can pretty much guarantee that he won't be any worse.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

That's funny. I would say the exact same thing with Hillary and Donald reversed in that sentence. Trump is clearly worse for America than Hillary would be. Trump wants to build the next Great Wall of America, go all out war with ISIS, put women back in the kitchen where they belong, and to hell with everyone who's not rich and white.

Hillary actually won the popular vote, by 200,000. Add in the 4-5 million wasted votes for other candidates, and Hillary would have won for sure. A house divided shall not stand.

EDIT
I wonder where we'd be if the 62 million eligible voters who aren't registered to vote would have gotten off their lazy ass and voted.

ks
Member #1,086
March 2001

I would prefer a suspect character with skill rather than a suspect character with a double digit IQ coupled with a constellation of psychiatric illnesses. The former can maintain the status quo - 4 years - until you do better.

A supreme court with potentially 3 openings (total) in the coming years plus wingnuts throughout the cabinet - good luck.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Johan: I apologize if my new home country spoiled your birthday celebrations :-[

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Hmm. I wouldn't say I like Trump, although anyone who has actually built a billion dollars worth fortune deserves my respect. However, I certainly dislike Clinton, because she's the avatar of establishment which keeps messing up repeatedly after winning the cold war.

Now about wiping ISIS, ISIS isn't the problem. Should use decide it doesn't need the mess & quit supporting "moderate" opposition all the mess will die itself(or rather under Russian bombs & Syrian army). Another thing is that the establishment destabilizes various regions because they aren't democratic(while supporting other non democratic regions), which well.. Brings things to what they are now. No way there would be Iraqi ISIS under Hussein.

So, the farther from the establishment the better. :]

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Hillary actually won the popular vote, by 200,000. Add in the 4-5 million wasted votes for other candidates, and Hillary would have won for sure. A house divided shall not stand.

That is assuming majority of the 4-5 million would have voted for Hillary.

As I stated, I was unable to vote, but I would have voted for Johnson if I had.

I already was weary of Hillary due to her 2005 campaign to get legislation in place to fine retailers for kids having violent games. ESRB was in place and if kids were playing them it was likely because their parents bought them the game. The legislation didn't pass, but it always felt like she was trying to take the blame off the parents and put it on the retailers.

Her lying on the emails made me weary about her and the FBI because one of our Generals is facing jail time for revealing classified information for a book, but she endangered national security and was let off the hook.

Then Obama claimed she had gone all over the nation fighting for making all children get the same education. Guess she missed my son's school because we are constantly fighting them as he is in 5th grade, but we spend every year fighting them because they are only giving him the equivalent of 2nd grade education because they have him considered as special education

Since I don't trust Trump either I was going with Johnson.

I didn't want to vote for Trump or Clinton to the point that I joked I was going to write in this duo:
{"name":"lmE9Upq.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74112cf9a73f09d170f0279f90385b62.png","w":800,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74112cf9a73f09d170f0279f90385b62"}lmE9Upq.png

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

I still say allegro.cc needs an official :laughing: emoticon.

:D will have to do :D

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Random, but interesting:

video

video

I don't know much about Putin, or Russia for that matter, or that area of the world. But it sounds pretty genuine to me. And it seems to align with what I know of world politics (admittedly little, but perhaps more than most).

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

This whole thing just seems wrong... it should be Bernie Sanders victory speech and tears of joy, not this... :'(

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

This was emailed to me...I'm going to file it under poor attempt at humor because apparently gamers helped make Trump win :D.
http://archive.is/V4ePC

As for us creating Bin Laden, that is known to most Americans, but historians try to rewrite it so that new generations don't know that happened. The rest of the video was also known, that is why she lost because most knows she is bad about lying. I don't think either Clinton nor Trump are prepared for the job.

The guy behind Fahrenheit 9/11 in March said she was for war and regime change, but then on election day praised her and celebrated voting for her. Not someone I can vote for if they support war.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I envy the illegal aliens who will be deported next year. They will be laughing at us when Trump shoots off his mouth and starts a war. And the servicemen who die will get no respect because they are not "heroes".

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

He isn't the first candidate to use fear and anger to win an election and he won't be the last. Fact is I'll be surprised if he actually does any of the things he claimed.

It did result in this "call to arms" video, has nice buzzwords in it:

video

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The servicemen already get no respect because they're puppets being wielded by the rich and powerful, but it sounded like Hillary was just as likely, if not more likely, to start a war anyway (in fact, it sounds a bit like Hillary was going to start WWIII). ::)

What I got a kick out of is that everybody seemed to cite the "wall" as evidenced that Trump is a bigot. But really, a wall would practically only prevent entry from Canada and Mexico (and possibly from the Pacific and Atlantic, but good luck I guess getting to one without significant resources anyway; let alone legally). Let's ignore the fact that most immigrants not from Mexico or generically Central America probably arrive on an airplane. All that I heard him say in regards to a wall was a Southern wall to keep out the Mexicans. To be fair, there's already a goddamn fence. It just doesn't seem to be working very well. A "great" wall would just be improving the reliability of said existing barrier. That's not really racist. Perhaps just common sense.

I see that Anita took no hesitation in trying to capitalize on the election (I guess she probably had to rewrite the script though). "Waaaaah, we lost, therefore, patriarchy." Nevermind that approximately half, if not more than half, of those voters were women. :P And if you include non-white races and the LGBT community it was almost certainly significantly more than half being non-white, non-"cis-gendered", or non-males.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

The wall that is in place right now has gaps in it where they can go across, but they are in desert areas and aren't safe to get to. As you pointed out, there have been studies that show a lot of illegal immigrants are from over staying visas, but I believe it is less than 50%. I think the PEW Center says it is 52% are Mexicans in 2014, but has been going down in recent years.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Bragging about purposefully entering women's dressing rooms to see them naked, and habitually sexually assaulting women because you are famous, and then later dismissing it as "locker room talk" is really all you need to know about Trump. The politics here are irrelevant.

It breaks my heart to know that my daughter is living in a world that is ruled by such evil men who are elected by a group of people who are at best just so apathetic to not even care.

Go to: