Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Election Night 2016

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Election Night 2016
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Alrightie, here's my prediction for the results tomorrow. I think all the states are pretty much lock except for Florida and North Carolina. I'd like to see her swing Ohio, but I don't think there's enough time. I give Florida and North Carolina to Clinton because the momentum is in her favor:

{"name":"610609","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/8\/685b4286470f995fb2d2e5b71727be49.png","w":774,"h":636,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/8\/685b4286470f995fb2d2e5b71727be49"}610609

Note that last time I did this, I only got one state wrong!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Could you post an uncoloured map so we could make this a guessing contest? The one who comes closest wins bragging rights. And maybe a doughnut.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

She could have gotten West Virginia if she didn't have the screw up of flat out saying she was going to put the coal miners out of work facepalm.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

What do the 323 and 215 figures refer to?

edit: And does the winner need 270 of them to win?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Here ya go! Make your own map:

http://www.270towin.com/

:D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

LennyLen said:

What do the 323 and 215 figures refer to?

They refer to electoral votes. Our votes are collectively pooled into districts. Whoever wins the district gets an electoral vote. Some states are winner-takes-all, too, which means all electoral votes from a state go to the winner of the state.

Quote:

edit: And does the winner need 270 of them to win?

You need 270 or more electoral votes to win the election.

Here ya go! Make your own map:

Algorithm:

1. For each state, flip a coin.

1. Heads, paint Republican.

2. Tails, paint Democrat.

You're guaranteed* to get the correct results! Eventually... *: Probably. Big O notation not provided.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

Goodbye 'Merica ... gonna miss you :'( ;D

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

...and I thought our politicians were bad... ;D

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Vote Matthew Leverton 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Vote 3rd Party Candidate.

Algorithm:

For each state, flip a coin.

Heads, paint Republican.

Tails, paint Democrat.

This is O(N)

You need:
Algorithm:
while(map.Result != YOUR_CANDIDATE)

For each state, flip a coin.

Heads, paint Republican.

Tails, paint Democrat.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

jmasterx said:

This is O(N)

For a single one, yes, but the chances of any one output being the correct one is 1 in 2^50... So to randomly come to a correct one, it's not O(N).

Quote:

Vote 3rd Party Candidate.

The insane doctor or the insane governor?

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

That's why I added the while. As you had it, I only have one chance and it is O ( N )

Also, all politicians are insane, we need to do Candidates.OrderBy(x => x.Sanity).FirstOrDefault();

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

jmasterx said:

Also, all politicians are insane, we need to do Candidates.OrderBy(x => x.Sanity).FirstOrDefault();

I have a feeling that would throw a NotImplementedException upon accessing the Sanity field. :o

---
they / she

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

They all return Double.NaN so the winning candidate is determined by an implementation detail :)

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

A live map by NY Times..

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

type568 said:

A live map by NY Times..

Looks like Mark called NH (New Hampshire?) wrong.

edit: Just noticed that was based on 57 votes, so probably a bit premature.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

& looks like Florida also goes to Trump.. 2nd error.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

On January 21, his first complete day in office Trump will be 70 years, 7 months, and 7 days old. It will also still be year 5777 on the Hebrew calendar.

Call it what you'd like, but I feel the outcome has been decided for a long time.

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Ye.. It's all Jews. AND Russian hackers.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I think Hillary will win the election. The second woman to ever be the President in American history. First woman to be elected by the people as President.

[APPEND]
Guess I should elaborate since not everyone knows American History. Hillary will technically be the second female President. In October 1919, Woodrow Wilson suffered a massive stroke that paralyzed him. So Edith Wilson secretly took up his job telling people that everything she did was according to Woodrow's wishes. So she was the de facto President from October 1919 through the end of his term in 1921. It was under her that women finally gained the right to vote.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I am old enough to be President now. I voted Libertarian, so my team lost.

Seems like Trump will win.

National embarrassment.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I sadly was unable to vote. Father-in-law got to vote, but family members called him and needed him to help them so by the time he got home I had to cook dinner. No one was here to sit with my son so I could go vote. Wife refuses to vote because she doesn't stay up on politics.

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

FU Florida >:(

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Unreal

--

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Trump 244
Clinton 215
Close enough that it can still go either way. I'll wait to cry after I find out who wins.

Go to: