Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Our Kickstarter :)

Credits go to anto80, bamccaig, Derezo, Edgar Reynaldo, Elias, Felix-The-Ghost, and Specter Phoenix for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Our Kickstarter :)
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Last night we put up a Kickstarter for the cool stuff we've been quietly working on for nearly two years. Here's the TL;DR: in partnership with TOMY, we're making games and action figures interact in more amazing ways than ever before :)

(Random YouTube video since I probably can't embed Kickstarter material)

video

It's been up for barely a day and it's already at $43,367 from 489 backers. Just posting it here in case, you know, anyone else fancies pledging and getting something cool in return ;) Early pledges especially are much appreciated since they help build even more momentum, get us a wider audience and enable us to make our stuff even cooler.

Clickyboos 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

That looks really complete. Obviously a Skylanders vibe to it. Please don't put Crash Bandicoot in it like they took Spyro :P

The integration of the mediums is superb. How essential is it, though? I mean, could someone without the peripherals compete?

The combat (at least what was shown) seemed very simple. I don't remember seeing any ranged attacks, just the same melee animation. I assume this will be expanded on/the footage didn't depict it well.

Nice work.

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Damn,if it had launched last month I could have donated. Sadly this month until God knows when we have things that require all our financial attention. I wish you all the best of luck in this endeavor.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

101, is there anything your game doesn't do? :)

No :)[1]

I mean, could someone without the peripherals compete?

Yep :) I'm buried in firmware development at the moment so I'm not personally so up to speed with how our game works, but there've definitely been official statements that you can play the game without the figures for as long as you like and there will be plenty to do. Of course having a figure will enhance the experience though :)

Sadly this month until God knows when we have things that require all our financial attention.

Oh dear - hope it gets better soon!

Hopefully more people will post here - there will be cookies to dish out at some point ;)

References

1. You agree and acknowledge that there may be things our game doesn't do, probably including but not limited to space travel.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

It seems pretty promising, congrats BP :D
{"name":"610583","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b00c5d4d70e244952b5726df9e42e86.png","w":560,"h":455,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b00c5d4d70e244952b5726df9e42e86"}610583

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

:) I like that I get free shipping - last project I backed the shipping for my $25 or something pledge would have been $40, so I opted to forgo it.

{"name":"610584","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/2\/920f93777d5c2bef093b42038f8b3e61.png","w":605,"h":504,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/2\/920f93777d5c2bef093b42038f8b3e61"}610584

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

Wow! Superb work!
Congrats to the whole silent team who worked quietly for nearly 2 years without saying a word.
That's what I call passion.
Keep up the good work!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Looks pretty cool, Bruce! :D

{"name":"610586","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb3f3a4fc6815ad35c8b7f8a93bf2a6d.png","w":1110,"h":281,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb3f3a4fc6815ad35c8b7f8a93bf2a6d"}610586

Shared it with a bunch of colleagues that may be interested too.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Thanks guys :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I upped my pledge to $65 to get a card starter pack too. :-[ I probably won't end up playing the card game, but who knows, maybe I will. Or perhaps I will just use it while playing the video game... In any case, I imagine it will be a fun memorabilia sort of item or something at least?

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

very nice idea. I have a game coming out too as soon as i build the prototype. same kinda concept of bring the digital world and real world together

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I pledged $15 (but didn't make a screenshot at the time). It looks like a really cool project!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The add-ons keep coming and my credit card keeps bleeding. :'( Just upped my pledge for the flight pack.

This is after blowing about $250 on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive weapon "skins" over the weekend... I am afraid to see how my accounts balance[1] out after payday on Friday. :o

References

1. Not sure if my pledge is charged when the pledge is made [and refunded if necessary later; hopefully NOT!], or if the pledge will be charged when enough pledges are reached.
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I think card payment authorisations can only be held for 3 days, can't they?[1] Which means that if you're using Kickstarter, you kinda have to keep track of it yourself...? I could be wrong though. But when I did my pledge, they told me that if the Kickstarter succeeded, they would charge my card at a time which was shortly after the ending time.

I think it'll be fully funded - we're halfway through and over 5/8 funded, and things on Kickstarter usually either succeed or completely flop. But you'll definitely like the figures :) I can't wait for mine. Of course right now it's my job to help program them, and I have a shiny black piece of plywood with circuit boards mounted on it for testing with 8-)

References

1. [EDIT] I'm totally wrong :-X although it seems not all card types could have authorisations held long enough for Kickstarter to rely on that.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I just pledged another $10 for the booster pack. :( I doubt I'll be any good at the card game, even if I can find somebody to play with. I've never played that type of card game before. I watched a sample 1v1 play-through of the card game last night on YouTube and figured there's no way to follow that drunk. :P

Append:

I'm starting to get worried. $64000 to go in 11 days. It's only gained about $2000 since yesterday. 11 x $2000 would only be $22000. That's a long way short of the goal! :( I hope they have a last minute plan up their sleeve. :(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Yay, they've reached their goal with several days remaining! :D I can't contain my excitement, but I hope they take their time to do their best.

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

:o I wonder if some of it had to do with indieformer's video?

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Fantastic, you made it!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

We did, although we still have stretch goals, and 17 hours to go :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Oh man, I totally didn't realize this was US funds. :P My credit card took a bigger than expected hit from that... Which wouldn't be a problem, but for some reason I owe a bunch of money on it... I hate credit cards. They seem to intentionally delay updating the status to conceal the debt from you until it's too late.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I get 1 USD -> 1.33 CAD - that must have hurt :(

It's appreciated - and on the plus side, I'm pretty sure you paid less than it would be in the shops later on :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

It's appreciated - and on the plus side, I'm pretty sure you paid less than it would be in the shops later on :)

That's something I never really understood with this kind of Kickstarters - it's much more like simply pre-ordering something rather than funding.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

1   2 

Go to: