Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Brazil

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Brazil
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Has anybody noticed that USA is winning the Olympics? We're #1!

I'm most looking forward to the hopscotch & basket weaving relay. I hear Europe has a really good chance at getting bronze, but that Phelps and South Australia will likely be in the top 2.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bamccaig said:

We've missed you. :'(

I was beginning to think you joined Shawn Hargreaves. I'm waiting for the limbo and sex events. I heard Hermes Conrad is coming out of retirement. Am I the only one who thinks the Olympics will eventually be played on Xbox?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Shawn Hargreaves... what became of him...
He was the allegro captain of the DOS era...

By the way: the blue in green hockey fields hurt my eyes...
That is as ugly as it gets.....

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Looks like USA won again. 24 gold medals in basketball alone. :o

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

AFAIK, Shawn is working for Microsoft now, he has quite a hand there in graphics and game related programming. Great for him, but for us it is a great loss to the open source community. I guess he has a family to take care of, but if he had some time, I'd love him to contribute to Allegro 5 again. Only the windows parts would be enough...

http://www.shawnhargreaves.com/
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/shawnhar/

To stay on topic: participating is more important than winning, they say, and the USA is a country with a large population. It would be interesting to see the medal count pro capita.

Go to: