Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let me present you Edgar

Credits go to AMCerasoli, Ariesnl, Arthur Kalliokoski, bamccaig, beoran, Bruce Perry, Derezo, Edgar Reynaldo, Felix-The-Ghost, Gideon Weems, Johan Halmén, LennyLen, Mark Oates, Matthew Leverton, Niunio, and OICW for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Let me present you Edgar
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hello my friends !

I've got something to tell you, and while I already made a closed facebook announce, I thought I had to make a post here too.

ratatatatatatatadadaaam

My wife and I are now parents !

Edgar is born last friday (11h35 FR), he's in good shape, as his mother.

It's a bit hard at the beginning, but globally it's an incredible experience.

I may be away sometimes, but I'll be able to post from work when I'll go back to work.

Look at these cute feet !!
{"name":"610499","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/2\/423942702079f8e815a17578e06530c3.jpg","w":2580,"h":1720,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/2\/423942702079f8e815a17578e06530c3"}610499

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Congratulations! I didn't know you got married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

We're under civil act. And since she's the mother of my son, she's my wife ;-)

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Now it only begins! All the best to your family...

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Congratulations to you and your wife !
And you, brand new father.. get a decent stockpile of strong coffee..you'll need it ! ;-)

(P.s. the side with the sticky parts is the backside :-D )

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Congrats Gull. May his life be long and filled with joy and love.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Congratulations! I didn't know you got married.

That was my first thought as well.

Congrats, Gull!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Cutest little toes posted to OT yet ;)
Congratulations, Gul!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Congratulations!

We're under civil act.

I seem to recall a thread two or three years ago with images of Gull getting trolled by his friends, outdoors with a Jeep or something similar in the photograph. I thought that was his wedding.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Arthur: It was, until I got divorced and got a new wife.

To all other: thanks for the congrats. It's... kind of difficult to explain. A mix between hard sa hell and satisfaction. Parenting is something, you have to be warned.

Everyone is still rocking fine, and the little monster is finally getting weight back.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I thought this would be some sort of roast of Edgar Reynaldo, and instead it's a boring baby thing. >:(

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Congratulations. Try hard to make him a great human being. We need a lot of them.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Congratulations!

Enjoy every minute of the sleep you can get now. From what I know from my friends you won't get that many for quite some time ;D

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Totally that ^^

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

What the!?? Man! congratulations! You already register him here on the forums right?

You MUST teach him how to program even if he doesn't like it. And you must force him to chat with us every day... You MUST tell him that that is his destination, that there is nothing else to do in this world... Oh that boy is gonna have a beautiful life...

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wahahaha. I'm gonna help him learn what he'll want to learn instead of forcibly teaching him. School will be enough for that, and as opposed to the rest of the world, I'll always be there to help.

But...

I would love that he choose to program ^^

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

:D Just realized we don't have a :laughing: face.

I, like others, thought you were presenting a gift to Edgar Reynaldo. Did you name him after our forum hero?

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Just realized we don't have a :laughing: face.

{"name":"6a00d8341bf8f353ef017eeacb1b2e970d.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df741fc3c9b082b8fd8040780405a7c1.jpg","w":3500,"h":2587,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df741fc3c9b082b8fd8040780405a7c1"}6a00d8341bf8f353ef017eeacb1b2e970d.jpg

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Congrats! I'm glad everyone is doing well.

I've never had a kid of my own, but I've changed plenty of siblings' diapers. My advice is to just let them run around in their poop all day. It's an unending battle.

Let me present you Edgar!

I thought this would be some sort of roast of Edgar Reynaldo, and instead it's a boring baby thing. >:(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

To be clear with all, and no offense to our forum's Edgar, I didn't choose that name while thinking to him.
It's the exact opposite, I only realized that I picked up a forum member's name when I did the OP.
Guess what, I wouldn't change it even if E.Reynaldo turns out to be a douche, but I'm actually relieved that he isn't. He may be a bit too much of a believer, except that I like to read him and I think he is a good guy ;-)
My wife and I just hope to make our little boy a good person.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Well, to be honest, it's not a name I thought you would give your son. It's a good name though. ;)

Gullradriel said:

Guess what, I wouldn't change it even if E.Reynaldo turns out to be a douche, but I'm actually relieved that he isn't. He may be a bit too much of a believer, except that I like to read him and I think he is a good guy ;-)

Thank you for thinking favorably of me. I try to be nice to everybody (that isn't insulting our forums and our community). Maybe I am a little over-zealous too, but that's the way I am. I believe what I believe, and I defend it. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. ;)

Here's to your new born baby boy! Hoping he grows up to be a fine person. I'm sure with your guidance he'll do fine. ;)

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Yhea yhea, whatever. I was serious. You have a contract with us. That baby bellows TO US! If after his first birthday that baby is not registered in this forum you're gonna have serious problems. Sorry but that's the only way to keep this community alive.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

AMCerasoli sounds like Rumpelstiltskin. Teach your baby how to sew gold out of hay, and you will be safe... unless I'm getting my fairy tales crossed.

Go to: