Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » La connerie sans limite de l'homme...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
La connerie sans limite de l'homme...
furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

I can't wait until America is great again! No more 'spics... I mean criminals! We'll finally kill all them negr... I mean protect our police! Them fag... uh... quee...

I can't even beat my wife without the cops coming! :-/ I mean what has the world come to!!!! >:(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

You should watch that video I posted in the other thread. :P

If the only people you can imagine who would vote for trump are racists, then you've been only listening to propaganda.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

@Chris: When the Übermensch comes, he'll smite them all indifferently.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

then you've been only listening to propaganda

When 99% of the news is propaganda, what choice do we have?

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

@LennyLen Perspectivism. Get your info from as much mutually contradicting channels as possible.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

{"name":"reABPS.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/81af788186e35a9a2740a0d0a0c51de6.jpg","w":551,"h":531,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/1\/81af788186e35a9a2740a0d0a0c51de6"}reABPS.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR LIBERAL GOD NOW?!

beoran said:

Perspectivism. Get your info from as much mutually contradicting channels as possible.

Absolutely this! I don't trust anyone's comments. I fact check everything. Nobody deserves write access to my brain without a filter running a quality check.

Compare-and-contrast.

The more you do it, the quicker and more advanced you get at it. It should be clear from my post history that I'm do not fit into any single political ideology, because I'm constantly fact-checking everyone.

Pollution is a huge problem (screw conservatives). Radical islam is a huge problem (screw liberals.)

Also, with pollution being the #1 biggest problem of our age, the income gap is a HUGE close second. We've never lived in an age in human history where so few actors controlled so much, including even our ability to communicate with each other.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Absolutely this! I don't trust anyone's comments. I fact check everything. Nobody deserves write access to my brain without a filter running a quality check.

Can you please explain your fact-checking process in an example?

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

If the only people you can imagine who would vote for trump are racists, then you've been only listening to propaganda.

It's sufficient to listen to Trump himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It's sufficient to listen to Trump himself.

That's a faulty argument and you know it. :P

Can you please explain your fact-checking process in an example?

Give me a topic.

For example, Syrian Civil war. (I'm not gonna just do it right now unless you can pick a less complex topic, as this is an involved process. I don't "endorse" any stance without significant research because I believe my opinions and endorsements should hold weight.)

First thing to do, hit Google and Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war

Then look at the talk page to see if there is any controversial opinions. Of course, no controversy can simply mean that Wikipedia's liberal bias has completely swamped out any attempts for balance, like they do in the gender and sexuality pages. So that's not automatic yes or, no, it's all part of building a bigger picture.

Instead of sitting at one page, read the history of topics that are linked to it. Read the pages of all the relevant actors, and look for any controversy there.

Google "Cause of Syrian Civil War" and be sure to read both conservative, liberal websites, from both the USA/UK, as well as people who dislike the US, such as Al Jazeera, and RT. Everyone has an agenda to push and when you set outside of an agenda targeted at your demographic, it's much easier to see it. Russians reading RT are given a very different narrative than citizens reading liberal USA papers.

Moreover, there will be clear bias in many of them, but by adding together lines of opposing biased facts, you can then look at what remains. You can see what facts aren't disputed at all. You can look at how the same facts are written differently. You can look at very subtle wording differences. You can also look at the tone a given author is using and his or her word choice.

Go straight to Social Media (e.g. a Google search through Reddit) for alternate opinions that are not subject to government or corporate approval. Noting of course, that many governments and organizations will pay for shills to push public opinion.

You can also check out YouTube videos. You can go out of your way to read crazy people's videos, and check every one of their facts to see if they hold up. If one of them does, they can hint at a mass media cover up. For example, the Rotherham scandal is pretty much hidden from all mainstream media.

So, no source is perfect. But the point is that you take from a large variety of sources, especially ones not designed with you in mind, and start layering them on top of each other.

To me, it makes perfect sense in my robotics background, as a bunch of summed heightmaps representing each sensor's probability prediction of the robot's location. But I'm not sure the best way to explain that to a layman.

Now, to back up to a 10,000 ft view. It's obvious you wanted an example so you could either pass judgement or pick apart what you expected to be a poor attempt at critical analysis. So I apologize for failing to give you that.

But the truth is, regardless of whether you disagree with my opinions, they are, thoroughly researched opinions.

-----sig:

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Nobody deserves write access to my brain without a filter running a quality check.

If you could only see it, I am sure you would be surprised by how much gets through that you're completely unaware of.

I was so desperate to see the billionaire get crushed to death by the Vermonty Python that I've lost a little interest in the US election. It's admittedly a little scary to think that a Donald John Trump Presidency has a real possibility. :-/

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

With perspectivism comes the admission that my own perspective might be incomplete or even mistaken. And yes, much crap passes under the radar, I guess, especially if it's crap that agrees with me. That's why I don't take most of my opinions too seriously. Except those on programming, because those opinions are based on the way I personally like to work.

1   2 

Go to: