Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Feminism 101: Random Awesome Girl On The Internet

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Feminism 101: Random Awesome Girl On The Internet
torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

That's insane, but it's exactly what the academic cult of "intersectional feminism" or "critial race theory" is about. It's also typical of feminist propaganda. Take control over people by telling them how sinful they are (sound familiar to anyone?).

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

torhu said:

That's insane,...

Considering who posted it, I would have personally went with the more obvious line of "That's DUMB, ..."

Joking aside, as I've stated in discussions on other social media:
Calling gamers names and telling them they are terrible doesn't work. Feminists picked the wrong group to attack. Gamers have been called childish for playing games in the 80s, satanists and basement dwellers for their hobby in the 90s, called serial killers and violent in the 2000s, and now are being told they are rapists, sexist, racist, misogynists, and obtuse shit-slingers.

Since I'm a hobbyist game developer and gamer I must be the beyond terrible, so I will just start passing out business cards that say my title is simply Satan or The Devil.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

When I was four and I first came to Bank Street, my classmates and I started to learn about the racial injustice that goes on in our world. From this age, we not only knew who Martin Luther King, Jr. was, but we also looked up to him. When we were six, we started learning about the civil rights movement. By the time we were ten, we were able to have in-depth conversations about racism and white privilege. I've grown up knowing about the huge privilege I have in this world just because of the color of my skin. I see this as a major advantage in life and I owe it to Bank Street for teaching me this.

Am I the only one that sees this from a racist's pen? ;D

Maybe white kids should form their own group. Call it Kids Of PrivilegeS (KOPS). >:( ;D

The entire thing certainly sounds very SJW, but at the same time it's a private school so ultimately it should be the parents deciding the curriculum (i.e., if you don't like it, go somewhere else).

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I spent half my life being told by Christians that I was "broken" and "brainwashed", that I was "a sinner". They finally shut up and now the Feminists want to tell me I'm brainwashed, broken, and a sinner (bigot, racist, sexist)? All because of some arbitrary thing I didn't choose from birth? (My gender and race?)

Please.

I'm completely done. I have no "white" shame. I have no group-affiliated shame at all. The people who are telling me I'm flawed never turn around and help me when I follow their rules. It's all about picking another group to crush, to elevate yourself. It's political-scale bullying.

And I'm immune now. They cried wolf my entire life and the wolf never came. I'm just me, and it feels freaking great to let go of the idea that you're a bad guy just because someone, somewhere gets offended.

Want to talk about sexism? Go ahead. Find someone who is actually sexist and tell them. Because I'm freaking awesome and I treat everyone with respect until they give me a reason not to. And I'm not guilty until proven innocent. I'm not racist/sexist/whatever until proven otherwise. And anyone who uses those words against me, I know they (ab)use them as weapons to get what they want and silence discussion, and they have nothing to do with reality or me at all.

Being called a racist should stop everyone in the room and say, "Where's your damn proof?" And if they cannot provide it, they should be thrown out of the room for so haphazardly insulting a fellow, unique, human being.

Screw the "tolerance" movement. We need an age of respect.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I can't find it, but I recall at some college there was a BLM protest. When an Asian girl started talking and talked about her oppression and racism toward her, BLM flipped their shit. See, they whine about racism hoping it will shut down people, and to an extent it does; at least the ones that are scared of having a damaged image. More and more though are finally starting to say enough is enough and calling these idiots on their bullshit. In 2014, they basically went after all forms of media; feminists groups appeared whining about representation and objectification of women in movies, music, games, comics, and even novels. Games was the only main area that had backlash from the consumers, but just like here, you quickly found out who was SJWs/Feminists (whom usually don't even use the damn product they are pissing and moaning about) and who was the consumer.

The past two years have showed which developers are either SJWs or majorly whipped and caved to these idiot complaining about games they don't even play.

Tim Schafer revealed he was a SJW lackey. I saw an interview where he said something along the lines of "How would I feel if my daughter played these kind of games that sexualize women?" My first thought was, tell her it is fiction and has jack shit to do with reality...just a guess.

Want proof that feminists and SJWs don't actually play what they are whining about? Watch Anita Sarkeesian's videos. In one she claims Hitman awards gamers for killing women, while the footage she stole from a Let's Play shows very plainly you get penalized. That's another thing, gets ~$160k to do research into video games and tropes just to put out feminist propaganda claiming xyz trope is sexist. Not to mention the KS claimed she would be done by December 2012, and here it is fastly approaching December 2016 and she hasn't done most of the videos she claimed. To my utter amazement, she started a new crowd funding campaign for women in history and managed to find idiots to push that fund through.

This only shows, bullshit artists can make tons of money on crowdfunding. Let's be honest, feminists are world grade bullshit artists. Religion may have the greatest bullshit story (according to George Carlin), but Feminists are great at conning people into believing the unbelievable.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

"How would I feel if my daughter played these kind of games that sexualize women?"

Obvious answer: show her a game that empowers women, like (a bit old but) Tomb Raider :) [EDIT: 'empowers' here meaning 'demonstrates that they can do awesome things'. I already regret using the word just because it's in their vernacular.]

And yes, that game sexualises her too, but who doesn't want to be sexualised? :) [EDIT: 'sexualise' in this case meaning 'her clothes allow you to judge whether you want to ask her on a date <3'.]

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Someone should tell the feminists that their "sexualization" and "objectification" is simply just women competing for male attention based on their physical traits, and men naturally being interested in the same traits. It's not rocket science, you basically have to be indoctrinated to NOT understand it :P

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Well, things like sexual slavery, exploiting women for prostitution, and sex trafficking certainly exist and are not an invention of feminists. These are very real forms of "sexualization" and "objectification". There's also lots of women who don't enjoy equal rights in the world with real problems.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Yes, but I think that words like "sexualization" and "objectification" are less than helpful in those cases. The actual issue is that they are being forced to do something against their will. Women "sexualize" and "objectify" themselves all the time, for fun or profit :P

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

You do have a point there. ;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Mr. Perry, we as the Feminist movement must advise you to cease and desist. Tomb Raider is sexually objectifying of women because Laura Croft's pixels are sharp and pointy.

Feminism is all about contradictions. Women are powerful, but women are weak. Women are beautiful, but women are not all beautiful and even then are still valuable regardless (I'm not sure anybody has qualified the latter point with evidence, unless the woman is what I like to call a "grey area" gender like a lesbian that has the qualities of a man and is therefore useful in general unlike the more typical female).

Pretty much we want smart, strong, or beautiful women. Ironically these women have never needed "feminism" to be successful. They just are. It's encoded into our DNA. It's pretty much only weak, ugly, asshole women that need special attention. Arguably they don't deserve it. We certainly wouldn't support the asshole male population. The only problem there is that they typically don't need it.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

uhhh... no.
Feminism isn't about that at all. The whole thing started because women couldn't even vote. Although there are shitty "anti-men women", there are also shitty "anti-women men".

That post was just misogyny, bambams. Those things don't represent feminists.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Derezo said:

That post was just misogyny, bambams. Those things don't represent feminists.

Not just misogyny:

bamccaig said:

unless the woman is what I like to call a "grey area" gender like a lesbian that has the qualities of a man and is therefore useful in general unlike the more typical female

I don't know what he was attempting to convey, but that's simply ignorant of homosexuality.

Quote:

It's encoded into our DNA.

What does 'it' refer to?

Things like beauty, intelligence, and strength are largely nurtured. Nutrition, healthcare, and education services will make the largest difference for the majority of the population.

bamccaig, do you consider yourself beautiful, smart, and/or strong in comparison to your peers?

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

bamccaig said:

Women are beautiful, but women are not all beautiful and even then are still valuable regardless (I'm not sure anybody has qualified the latter point with evidence, unless the woman is what I like to call a "grey area" gender like a lesbian that has the qualities of a man and is therefore useful in general unlike the more typical female).

Judging the "value" and even "usefulness" of other human beings makes me think you don't belong to the "we" in the next quote, but rather to the other side. :-X

bamccaig said:

We certainly wouldn't support the asshole male population.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Things like beauty, intelligence, and strength are largely nurtured.

My gut feeling is that this isn't true. I would say beauty is heavily influenced by facial expression which is in turn dependent on personality, but as a kid I had very firm preferences which came from me, not from influences around me, which guided my development. Of course having the right opportunities is important too, but just to say it's largely nurtured and not innate (so genetic) seems unrealistic.

Quote:

I don't know what he was attempting to convey,

Sounds as if bambams sees (some?) lesbian relationships as having a feminine partner and a masculine partner. The masculine partner, while technically female, might look a bit like a man. Most men would not want her, but a lesbian woman might.

Given how bambams opened his post, I would assume he was being flippant - I found it funny :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

"Ban bossy", Anita Sarkeesian/Zoey Quinn going to UN Women demanding the internet be censored to not allow people to criticize them, man in Canada almost put in prison for disagreeing with a Feminist on Twitter, promoting good health by saying being obese is bad is considered "fat shaming", college feminists can't handle the real world and want colleges to baby them (which some colleges have caved to in way of safe spaces, because we have to worry about peoples feelings now [apparently]). Feminists at least are showing why the movement is no longer needed in the US as they are worried about feelings instead of women's rights. All the feminists complaints are 1st world problems while they ignore 3rd world women who still have no rights.

If they cared about equality, then where are the feminists fighting for women to get the same punishment for the same crime as men? Where are the feminists demanding women be forced to apply for the draft like men? Where are the feminists demanding more men be forced into the nursing field or other female dominated fields? Where are the feminists demanding men get better support during divorce and child custody proceedings?

Feminism was about equality in the past, but now it has become about female supremacy over men. According to feminism, everything wrong with the world is due to "toxic masculinity". If you point out that women have done violent crimes too (not to the extent of men) they claim those women have "internalized misogyny". During the HeForShe campaign feminists were outraged that Ms. Watson had dared to imply women needed the help of men. Feminists claim men can't be feminists (hell a meme spawned out of it). Feminists want men to do everything for them while claiming they don't need men. "Boys should be taught not to rape", movies/games/comics/music make men sexist, they even had a curriculum made to make boys view games with sexy women as bad.

30 years now of feminists being anti-male and people still blindly say "feminism is about equality".

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

My gut feeling is that this isn't true. I would say beauty is heavily influenced by facial expression which is in turn dependent on personality, but as a kid I had very firm preferences which came from me, not from influences around me, which guided my development. Of course having the right opportunities is important too, but just to say it's largely nurtured and not innate (so genetic) seems unrealistic.

Are you talking about what you find beautiful, or how beautiful features develop?

In bamccaig's post, it seemed like he claimed certain traits are genetic ("It's encoded in our DNA") like strength, beauty, and intelligence, although he could be claiming our attractions to these traits are genetic. "It" is simply too vague of a subject to determine...

An intelligent person raised in a wealthy upbringing with excellent nutrition and education and health, if raised in destitution without access to the same things, would not be as intelligent. Of course, a good upbringing won't make up for an intellectual disability, but a poor upbringing isn't beneficial for genius-intellect, and often causes intellectual disabilities.

Strength is the clearest example: no matter your genetics, if you don't exercise, you won't be as strong as if you exercised, and in most cases, will be weak.

Quote:

Sounds as if bambams sees (some?) lesbian relationships as having a feminine partner and a masculine partner. The masculine partner, while technically female, might look a bit like a man. Most men would not want her, but a lesbian woman might.

There is no need for a "man" and "woman" roles in homosexual relationships. It's simply not a thing.

(I think the same for heterosexual relationships, but I digress.)

Quote:

Given how bambams opened his post, I would assume he was being flippant - I found it funny

I only took his paragraph as flippant, since he broke character in the second.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I don't know what he was attempting to convey, but that's simply ignorant of homosexuality.

It's my observation that there's a reason that homosexuals or bi-sexuals find the same sex attractive. You'll find that lesbians tend to be more masculine than most women. That's not to say that they can't also be feminine, but on the spectrum of masculine and feminine they'll tend to be closer to the masculine side than the average woman. This is why I refer to them as a "grey area" gender. They aren't your typical woman. Their brains are wired differently and they can relate to males in some ways better than females.

What does 'it' refer to?

Sorry, that wasn't a very clear sentence and I'm not sure where I was going with that... To be fair, at 1 AM last night I was pretty drunk. I can only speculate, but I imagine I was trying to say that the things we desire in women are encoded into our DNA (smart, strong, beautiful).

Although in hindsight, I don't know where I was going with the "strong" bit. Weak women are more desirable in general, I'd argue. :-/

830bc9b562c9df5efbff1ff69148eaa9.jpg

OR

{"name":"34CEF8CA00000578-0-image-a-1_1464758900798.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/7\/c793edb0aeda46074f6079d81021911f.jpg","w":634,"h":677,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/7\/c793edb0aeda46074f6079d81021911f"}34CEF8CA00000578-0-image-a-1_1464758900798.jpg

Arguably there's probably a limit to their smarts that we'd tolerate too. At least, I don't know any men that would enjoy having a woman that is significantly smarter than they are. But maybe that's just me and the people I know. I suspect not.

Obviously these rules are null and void for "gray area" sexual orientations that aren't wired in the "usual" way.

Things like beauty, intelligence, and strength are largely nurtured. Nutrition, healthcare, and education services will make the largest difference for the majority of the population.

Beauty is not nurtured. As a general rule, most people are average so it doesn't matter much. Truly beautiful people are more rare. You can simulate this with make-up and deceptive clothing, but that all goes away in the shower. Nobody wants a mate that isn't attractive in the shower... And to be clear, average is still beautiful. It's only the rare unattractive people that are completely eliminted by beauty, but the average people will be subjectively beautiful to each observer.

Intelligence is nurtured in the sense that educated people are more intelligent than uneducated people. However, you can't argue that everybody with the same educational opportunities or even educational background are equally intelligent. Some of that is just built in. Some have more potential than others, and no amount of additional guidance or study will help. To borrow a Ron White line, you can't fix stupid.

Strength is largely nurtured, however, I've already pretty much eliminated that from the list so it doesn't really matter.

A more accurate list is probably beauty, beauty, intelligence, and beauty. :D Insert: I feel like I'm leaving out personality, but perhaps that fits under the intelligence category... Personality certainly matters too for women, though it can probably be in inverse proportion to beauty...

Polybios said:

Judging the "value" and even "usefulness" of other human beings makes me think you don't belong to the "we" in the next quote, but rather to the other side. :-X

What, are you some kind of SJW that thinks that all people are equally valuable? Are you implying that Hitler was just as valuable as Pamela Anderson? >:(

People do have value and usefulness to one another. It's not a static value. It's a subjective value, but a value nonetheless. In the more general sense, a woman is valuable if her genes are good for reproduction (i.e., no genetic diseases, beautiful, smart), she has a pleasant personality, and she is competent enough to look after children and hopefully the household. Or maybe you're a 3rd wave Feminist and you watch the children and manage the household while your wife works. Or maybe you're a 4th wave Feminist and you pay strangers to do it all.

It's absolutely bullshit to pretend that you don't assess the "value" or "usefulness" of other people because it's in our nature to do so. There's nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong to artificially limit the freedom or potential of other people based on your subjective assessment, but you're still making the assessment regardless. That other person is either useful to you or not. Valuable to you or not.

A complete cunt that is dog ugly and dumb as a rock is not going to be very useful to most of us, if any of us. If you disagree then please offer an anecdote. I can't imagine one at the moment.

Men are equally judged, if not more harshly since women tend to be more picky than men. Don't take this as some kind of one-sided "objectification" because it certainly isn't.. Women objectify men equally if not more so. Men literally are treated like objects in society. Hit them, kill them, take advantage of them, utilize them, throw them away. Nobody will bat an eyelash. Not even another man (with exceptions, for the few of us that are aware of it).

I don't believe that lesbian relationships require a masculine partner and a feminine partner. If anything I'd expect both partners to be more masculine than typical women. Not necessarily to the extreme of being like men, but certainly up to and including. I wouldn't exclude the possibility of two extremely feminine lesbians in a relationship, but I can't say I'd necessarily expect it or have ever knowingly witnessed it.

Also, I'd disagree that most men would not want a lesbian (or bisexual female, for that matter) partner. At least of the lesbians that I have knowingly met and interacted with they tend to be much more sensible than typical women. They make sense. They understand us better and we can understand them better. They're typically still feminine enough to find them attractive, but masculine enough to not be as frustrating. Of course, lesbians are generally out of the question because they won't find us as men attractive or useful, and they wouldn't be happy with us so the relationship would be unstable. I have no known experience interacting with bisexual women (though I'd expect them to lean towards women making your chances slim, and possibly, possibly, I'd expect them to prefer an open relationship so that they could experience both, though I do recall watching YouTube videos from one that said she was perfectly content with a monogamous relationship).

I happen to recall one particular girl that I knew from school that turned out to be a lesbian. You wouldn't have necessarily guessed it, but it didn't come as a complete shock to me either. She was an atypical woman. She was tall, athletic, and petite. I always found her very attractive. She was also relatively smart. She ended up getting a degree in mathematics (I forget just how far she went) and becoming a high school teacher.

All the feminists complaints are 1st world problems while they ignore 3rd world women who still have no rights.

QFT. When true atrocities occur to women in other countries Feminists don't even mention it. They aren't fighting for those women. Their only concern is their FWPs.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

FWPs - feminist-world privileges ;D

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Value according to what criteria and "usefulness" for what purpose exactly?
Increasing GDP? Being funny? Creating works of art? Being a good companion? Being a loving and caring person? Being a person loved and cared for by others? Turning bambams on? Making bambams feel superior? Making bambams feel inferior? Advancing bambam's career? Do you even understand the difference between suitability for your own selfish aims and criteria that have at least the potential to be objective? Will you take the average of several factors to determine the consistent "value" of the person considered? Wouldn't it vary over time or from situation to situation? Do you think people never change? Do you think your observations are always accurate? Who says which are the right criteria and how to weigh them? Who are you to judge?

Since you mentioned Hitler: Hitler thought that Jews (by an awkward definition) were inherently less "valueable" and "useful" and believed this was objectively so. Disabled people were also killed by the Nazis, because they were considered to be less "valueable" (only costing money and attention that would be better spent on more "valueable" people)...

Do you realize that your hilarious comparison of Hitler with Ms Anderson illustrates just how empty and meaningless your concept of "value" must be?

To sum up, I don't think the "value" or "usefulness" of people is a useful or valueable concept in the first place. Stressing the differences in value is usually employed by assholes to legitimate their prejudices or some absurd theory. Stressing the equal value is just a reaction to that or some vague commitment to the principle of equality that's far too general to be meaningful.

The important question, though: Assuming a min/max comparison, what does it say about you that you put Ms Anderson on top of your list? ;D

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

That he loves too-much-makeup train wrecks :)

Actually, bambams made it very clear that he was talking about people's personal valuations of each other:

bamccaig said:

People do have value and usefulness to one another. It's not a static value. It's a subjective value, but a value nonetheless.

And of course there will be trends on the general scale: some people are widely liked and some people are widely disliked.

Much as bambams regularly incites opposing opinions, I think on this occasion there may have been a bit of an overreaction :-X

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Actually, bambams made it very clear that he was talking about people's personal valuations of each other:

I thought so, too, at first, but I think he wasn't being consistent with that:

bamccaig said:

but women are not all beautiful and even then are still valuable regardless (I'm not sure anybody has qualified the latter point with evidence, unless the woman is what I like to call a "grey area" gender like a lesbian that has the qualities of a man and is therefore useful in general unlike the more typical female).

bamccaig said:

In the more general sense, a woman is valuable if her genes are good for reproduction (i.e., no genetic diseases, beautiful, smart), she has a pleasant personality, and she is competent enough to look after children and hopefully the household.

This sounded a bit like... you know genes and everything...
Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to this stuff. Let's say this is due to some very unpleasant conversations I've had. I've wanted to make the point clear, it was fun and I don't regret it. 8-)

And of course there will be trends on the general scale: some people are widely liked and some people are widely disliked.

This sounds more like "popularity" to me, but value?
Maybe I'm just confused by English, don't know. In German, talk like this really gives you some bad associations.

Edit: Ah, forgot to keep in line with standards of the thread: If you disagree with me, you must be one of them, Bruce Perry. Whatever that means, but I'm pretty sure. ::)

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Polybios said:

Maybe I'm just confused by English, don't know. In German, talk like this really gives you some bad associations.

I had the same understanding. I'm a native English speaker (and also only know English). The usage of value in bamccaig's posts gave me an impression of human value as it would be used in a more objective sense, not a subjective sense. Essentially, value as a metric used in eugenics, not personal relationships...

---
they / she

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

We have a prime minister who wants to close the gender pay gap:

video

Discuss. ;)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

She's also gone out of her way to praise Sharia law. I wonder how many ex-Muslims would approve.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/28/teresa-may-sharia-courts-benefit-muslims-britain/

Her actions have also been condemned by over 200 individuals and human rights grousp:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sharia-courts-review-branded-a-whitewash-over-appointment-bias-concerns-a7128706.html

Quote:

Theresa May’s review of sharia courts has been branded a “whitewash” before it has even begun, with more than 200 individuals and human rights groups signing an open letter urging her to dismantle the panel chosen to oversee the inquiry.

They claim that by appointing an Islamic scholar as chair and placing two imams in advisory roles, the panel’s ability to make an impartial assessment of how religious arbitration is used to the detriment of women’s rights will be seriously compromised.

How the hell do you pick PM's over there?! Are you trying to destroy your country? Voting for Brexit (with immigration being a core issue), and then getting a PM that's pro-Sharia law sounds like the bizarro world.

[edit]

And she's killing off the global warming / pollution department? ARE YOU INSANE?

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-department-killed-off-by-theresa-may-in-plain-stupid-and-deeply-worrying-move-a7137166.html

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: