Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Feminism 101: Random Awesome Girl On The Internet

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Feminism 101: Random Awesome Girl On The Internet
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I can't tell you. Obviously. I'm a man. I'm an oppressive shitlord. Let her tell you. She's people.

video

I stumbled onto this video at random. She kind of looks familiar, but I'm not sure who she is. I subscribed to the channel 1/2 way into my first video though. That's rare.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Yeah, she is pretty funny. Feminism has turned into a cult for people who want to blame their problems on someone else, lead by radical feminist bitches who tend to be just women who hate men. It's crazy :-/

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Some feminists argue that men are oppressing women by not finding them funny. I really don't think we have to worry about that one <3

Side-note: past form of 'lead' is 'led' :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Quote:

Side-note: past form of 'lead' is 'led' :)

Stop oppressing me!!! >:(

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Quote:

Stop oppressing me!!! 2727.png

FTFY ;)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Are you sure it's not a parody? It looks like one to me judging by the first few seconds :-/ I just couldn't bear the truth ;D

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

The first minute or so is parody, the switch to her being serious is pretty obvious ;)

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

torhu said:

The first minute or so is parody, the switch to her being serious is pretty obvious ;)

Sure, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people get their impression of what feminism is from the few crazy outliers that make headlines and the people from the "reaction" who state what the other side is more than they state their opinion or respond to actual feminists. If you have to invent straw puppets to make arguments, it's not an argument. This is just like extremest politics, where you hear more arguments that the other side is supposedly making than ones they actually are.

Listening to the whole video, she does claim she's seen people go nuts but the only real argument she actually makes is: "We don't live in a rape culture." One vague argument, which I generally agree with, but it's hollow in terms of information and arguments.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The argument she makes is that modern day Feminism is a sham. Women already have equal rights, if not better rights, and if the movement was truly about equality it would operate differently to fight for and support men's rights as well as women's. These days "Feminism" exists because several women have made it their full time job to defend women's rights and even if there are no rights to be won they can't quit their day job because that's all they've got. And by golly, it earns them a handsome living.

After all, society is and always has been designed to protect and take care of women. It just so happens that it used to be a somewhat fair trade-off where the women would exchange their childbearing and caring services for the protection and resources provided by men. Society would have taken care of them regardless, but wouldn't have treated them like royalty doing it. These days, since people stopped using their brain and "Feminism" took over our societies, women get these things literally handed to them for free. Essentially this is all a woman has to do to be successful:

1. Get married and/or pregnant.
2. Break up.
3. ???
4. Profit.

They get the children, they get the money, they get all of the perks, and they get none of the responsibility. FEMINISM. Even the movement's name is gendered. It's ironic if you pay any fucking attention at all.

The problem is that most people don't pay attention. And since about half of all men living today were raised with "Feminism" many don't question it. And those that do question it get beat down by everybody else. It's dogma. And it's politically correct dogma. To the point where the government enforces it to some extent.

Seriously people, wake the fuck up. There are a lot of very smart people in this community. Apply your smarts to this and it shouldn't be very hard to see that there's a problem. Do a bit of research. A bit of background. This is a worthy cause because it affects all of us.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

The Atlantic said:

During the House Armed Services Committee review of this year’s defense-funding bill late last month, California Republican Duncan Hunter introduced an amendment that would, for the first time ever, include women in the draft. It was a curiouser episode than it first appears: Hunter, a vocal opponent of women serving in combat, offered the amendment as a dare, confident that progressives on gender equality in the service were all talk. He voted against his own proposal.

The conservatives later crushed their own bill with a legal trick. There are still people fighting for actual equality, and I think they outnumber those who don't. People get caught up in thinking that the opposition is much different than they imagine because they get all their information from like-minded people instead of the real opposition.

See:
http://www.workingmother.com/special-reports/custody-lost

With the recession and women working more, they're assumed to be the more absent parent. The divorce court seems very busy and makes all kinds of errors. In this case, the mother probably was the one who should have gotten custody but didn't because she worked more. This is the opposite of what normally happens.

{"name":"610437","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/2\/f233990ab15873672e89ef5435fc22b7.png","w":310,"h":561,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/2\/f233990ab15873672e89ef5435fc22b7"}610437
from http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/06/16/fathers-day-facts/

It's a problem but I don't think it's feminism. But do get a prenuptial agreement!

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

pro-tip: Wherever any -ism comes up on the web, close tab/thread/discussion/whatever, move on with life.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Dennis said:

pro-tip: Wherever any -ism comes up on the web, close tab/thread/discussion/whatever, move on with life.

What do you do when the -ism comes up in your school curriculum, workplace settlement, or diverse court? What if the -ism is structured into and taking over everyday life?

???

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Then you take a deep long breath and consider having fallen victim to confirmation bias. ;)

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Feminism is an -ism that we can't ignore. It will cause more and more problems if it is not opposed. They are indoctrinating young women (mostly), and spreading propaganda through mainstream media.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Any females here ? To add to the opinion ?

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The bizarre dislike for 'feminism' and the equally bizarre 'radical feminism' boogeymen are all the same side of the coin, much like the extreme spectrum of any often-discussed social issue recently. You are just as polarized, and your discussions are just as polarized.

But what's worse is you're being diverted from the actual issue--wealth inequality, namely the concentration of wealth by a very small portion of the population (i.e., less than 1%). The media is a for-profit enterprise and the influence of the powerful is so pervasive it's impossible to fully ignore.

The 'radical feminists' have as much power and influence on society as whatever the anti-feminists (you bunch) have: none. The people with power don't care about social issues--they only care about increasing their wealth by whatever means necessary. Unless you're one of them (none of us are), you're a piece in their very long game.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Is your tinfoil hat properly on there?

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

The bizarre dislike for 'feminism' and the equally bizarre 'radical feminism' boogeymen are all the same side of the coin, much like the extreme spectrum of any often-discussed social issue recently. You are just as polarized, and your discussions are just as polarized.

But what's worse is you're being diverted from the actual issue--wealth inequality, namely the concentration of wealth by a very small portion of the population (i.e., less than 1%). The media is a for-profit enterprise and the influence of the powerful is so pervasive it's impossible to fully ignore.

The 'radical feminists' have as much power and influence on society as whatever the anti-feminists (you bunch) have: none. The people with power don't care about social issues--they only care about increasing their wealth by whatever means necessary. Unless you're one of them (none of us are), you're a piece in their very long game.

Agreed. The real -ism's to fight are neo-liberalism and uncontrolled/unconditional capitalism.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

You can't view the society as a struggle between two sides, it's way more complicated than that :-*

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

/me closes thread and moves on with life.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I agree to some extent, but much like the girl in the video from the OP, I shy away from most labels to an extreme degree. The label "feminist" carries certain stigmas about it to me. Although I can see the positive intention associated with someone who carries the label, about equality for women of course, it has the potential to carry strong anti-men sentiments when used. That's not always the case, which is why I hate labels, but that association is often made with it.

Equality is fine. I think the concern is that feminism isn't always about equality.

As you said, there are bigger concerns anyway.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

torhu said:

Is your tinfoil hat properly on there?

Excellent response, good job.

For a brief overview, you can listen/watch 'Requiem for the American Dream'. Unless you think Noam Chomsky is a loon?

edit: Well since you think Chomsky is not credible, there is absolutely no point in discussing anything with you. Sorry.

Dennis said:

Agreed. The real -ism's to fight are neo-liberalism and uncontrolled/unconditional capitalism.

Absolutely.

Derezo said:

I agree to some extent, but much like the girl in the video from the OP, I shy away from most labels to an extreme degree.

I'm a liberal. I'm a feminist. I'm an atheist. However, these descriptions--although true--are incredibly shallow. They only serve as a basis on which similar ideas are grouped; nuance is required for any actual discussion.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Unless you think Noam Chomsky is a loon?

Pretty much, yeah 8-)

APPEND:
Guess what, there is actually a Steam group for the victims of this brain disease:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/feminist-gamers ;D
The funny thing is they haven't got a clue that they are part of a hate group. The human psyche is funny that way.

Go to: