Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS code sharing

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
TINS code sharing
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I feel like I've been writing engine/ framework for so long it's time to see how it holds up in competition.

If I can just keep my head clear and my objectives in focus, I think I can do well. :)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

TINS uses the same pool of rules as SpeedHack, right?

Not exactly. I have my own database of rules, built up over the years through various suggestion threads. I filter out rules that are similar to ones that have been used in speedhack in the past.

That reminds me, if anybody has more rule ideas, please go ahead and suggest them. I'll add them to the database. I've got a good amount, but I can always use more!

(edit)

Kicking off:

• Genre rule - touch! Design your game for a touch interface (bonus points if you can actually make it compile on a touch device). You may use mouse input to simulate touch input.

• Art rule - a bag, pocket, or backpack should be an integral part of the game. This could be as game mechanic, or plot device, or something else.

• Genre rule - micromanagement. The game is designed around micromanaging an environment. The more things you can control, the better.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I've just uploaded an Allegro.pas package. It's an "alpha" release, so it's uncomplete. Also, there are a few days to learn how to use it before TINS starts. If you want to test it, here it is.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Preparing some generic Makefiles and skeletons.

I'll not have the full 3 days so I have to be prepared.

Brace yourselves, TINS is coming !!

>:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

You mean Bruce yourselves ;)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Mwahahaha ^^ well done !

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

{"name":"610339","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc2de9d81bd9d51d0208761d2307e241.png","w":2880,"h":1800,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc2de9d81bd9d51d0208761d2307e241"}610339
8-)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

;D

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

What about a Twitter hashtag? I think #TINS2016 or #TINS16. Just to use the same.

-----------------

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

#tins2016 should be the hashtag.

Using just 16 might be an issue when the 16th TINS runs.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

-----------------

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Good luck to all TINSers! :D

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Good luck to ya all :-)

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva
Member #4,212
January 2004

Quote:

The additional rules will be announced here in 0 minutes. Be patient...

[The attack of the space bugs - Speedhack 2005] [Rambananas - Speedhack 2006] [Make clean - Speedhack 2009] [The source god - TINS 2010]

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Good luck all!

I've still got one hell of a work week to finish. COME ON JOB, GET OUT OF MY WAY.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

1   2 

Go to: