Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Hoverboard

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Hoverboard
superstar4410
Member #926
January 2001

Is this the future of pedestrian transportation, like the segway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjSJ_ndwiXM

Don't take yourself too seriously, but do take your responsibilities very seriously.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

This thread has reminded me that I've yet to watch Back to the Future from start to finish... I am a disappointing human being.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Jesus. You'd assume that those segways and mini-segways were safe, but from watching the fail videos of them they look completely dangerous! I'll stick with my motorcycle. >:(

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I have one of these, it works quite well. If you compare to a bike though, the big downside is that none of them can get up on a sidewalk without you having to step off and lift the wheel.

Also watch out for potholes, if a dip down is a bit too much it's full stop and if you're not ready you eat dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0SG3wrVdYs

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Bob Keane said:

I hope not.

Don't hack your batteries.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

This thread has reminded me that I've yet to watch Back to the Future from start to finish... I am a disappointing human being.

I watched the first two a weekish ago for the first time and found them incredibly lackluster. I'm not sure if the influence the movies had on pop culture (and internet communities [I don't think that's the right phrase] in general) spoiled the movies, or if they just aren't that good, or if they aren't my cup of tea... But I didn't even watch the third as a result.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Trezker said:

I have one of these, it works quite well. If you compare to a bike though, the big downside is that none of them can get up on a sidewalk without you having to step off and lift the wheel.

Also watch out for potholes, if a dip down is a bit too much it's full stop and if you're not ready you eat dirt.

You were exactly what I thought of when I saw the fail video. It looks like these things are actually very dangerous and you should be wearing full protective gear to step on to one. :P Lots of people seem to bust their ass. That action doesn't scale well to adult size. :P Be honest, Trezker, how often do you fall off?

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I watched the first two a weekish ago for the first time and found them incredibly lackluster.

Aww... in vitro nostalgia wasn't even enough to save them? I'll keep my hopes in check.

Quote:

... internet communities [I don't think that's the right phrase]...

Netizens? Or just the Internet.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

When I was learning I was pretty quick to simply jump off.
Once I could ride safely it was perfectly fine, until I became too confident.

I've had two bad falls. Going a little too quick into bumps that were too big.
The wheel stops dead and you roll a D20 agility check.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

I have a design for a real gas/nitro powered hovering board. I just need to buy the parts and find some time to make the prototype.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

piccolo said:

I have a design for a real gas/nitro powered hovering board. I just need to buy the parts and find some time to make the prototype.

Now that thing is dangerous. :)
I'd buy one.

Go to: