Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Leverton Number

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Leverton Number
Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

You will, of course, be familiar with the Erdos number from mathematics. There have been a few Allegro meet-ups over the past few years so I am proposing the Leverton number. If you have met Matthew then you have a Leverton number of 1. If you have met someone with a Leverton number of 1 then you have a Leverton number of 2. And so on.

I met Richard Phipps once who I think has met Bruce Perry - who has met Elias who has met Matthew. This gives me LN=4.

Anyone else?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I met once met Fabio Carlucci, and that makes a LN of nothing. But I also have met Manjula. That makes me a LN=2 ;-p

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I met no one. I have no number.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

^ This. :(

But we're in good company...

{"name":"610249","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/d\/cd4cdbdb0655c3599d8c910a0df09cd2.png","w":259,"h":194,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/d\/cd4cdbdb0655c3599d8c910a0df09cd2"}610249

Append:

I have met Sam Henderson, but I'm not sure if he has met anyone in person that would have met The Leverton. He has met Goodbytes, but I do not know if Goodbytes has met ...etc... :-/

I would like to participate in an AllegroCon though. :) I think we should try to arrange a biker one at some destination somewhere near the border... There's Sam, Sevalecan, Leverton, and I within a few states of each other... Not sure if BAF is riding again, but we could always hook up a sidecar to Leverton's bike. >:( That way we'd all be level 1. :D

Alas I still only have two weeks vacation and I struggle to justify taking it at any other time than Christmas... I'm pretty sure we couldn't reach Illinois and back in a weekend. But perhaps if we converged in the Detroit area or somewhere West of that in an approximate "middle"... Then MiquelFire could join us too on a push bike. :D Elias isn't too far away from there either...

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

They stop displaying it around November, but look for the electronic signs that might give stats on the number of traffic deaths for the year if you stop in the Detroit area. This year, they're including the change from the previous year. We're up I think 25 so far. I'm thinking only 5 of the people who died the year so were the cause of the deaths though. Wouldn't surprise me actually. And don't be part of the stats!

That's if you ride on one of the freeways anyway.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Ninjaed out of my edit of the last post to include you. >:( I was in Detroit last August for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Drove down Woodward Ave myself. I didn't enjoy the busy "freeway" intersections (and also didn't drive too many of them), but the rest didn't bother me. I don't think riding on the freeway in Detroit would be any fun on a motorcycle, but if we actually met in Detroit it would probably be necessary to get there... Could always figure out a route to avoid that though.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Maybe Niagara Falls would be a good middle place for an AllegroCon?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Maybe Niagara Falls would be a good middle place for an AllegroCon?

I forgot that you were in the area now too! That's a little over 8 hours for me. Apparently about the same from Chicago too. It certainly isn't in the center of us, but depending on East involvement might be a fair place for others.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Ha, so mine is 1 now. I think Andrei Ellman met Matthew, so before yesterday my LN was 2 already. I wonder if Bruce Perry had an LN already when I first met him in 2011, in which case I had another LN from then until I met Andrei.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Are we playing Degrees of Matthew Leverton? I have none.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Also 0.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Given the pattern, wouldn't an LN of 0 mean that you are Matthew Leverton?

Indeterminatus
Member #737
November 2000

I met Elias, that gives me LN=2 (edit: unless the LN is aware of time as well, in which case my LN would be higher, as Elias just bumped up very recently and I met him while he was still being in Austria)

l j
Member #10,584
January 2009

Never met Matthew directly or indirectly ∴ LN=NaN ∨ LN=±Infinity
Not quite sure.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

If you met King Piccolo, you have met ALL. Piccolo Number

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I saw a pigeon once with tin foil on its head.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I met 23yrold3yrold, and due to a parsing error my Leverton Number is now 23. ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

This all makes sense only if Matthew has met Shawn.

2, btw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

This all makes sense only if Matthew has met Shawn.

{"name":"610250","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/3\/93bd4f4010ec93005214b4c34c8f1a3c.gif","w":315,"h":210,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/3\/93bd4f4010ec93005214b4c34c8f1a3c"}610250

... Shawn is 0. :o

--

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I met with Andrei Ellman and Evert which gives me LN = 2, right?

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

Devision by zero

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I assume I am at most six degrees from Kevin Bacon and that The Leverton is also at most six degrees from Kevin Bacon and therefore I am at most 12 degrees from The Leverton.

Onewing LN <= 12.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Onewing said:

I assume I am at most six degrees from Kevin Bacon and that The Leverton is also at most six degrees from Kevin Bacon and therefore I am at most 12 degrees from The Leverton.

By that logic I am 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon. My ML number just became 10.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

Kevin Bacon

A week or two ago, I re-watched Tremors.

I was amazed at how well that movie held up compared to my childhood version of it.

The direct-to-movie sequel was actually really good in it's own light too. First 10 minutes are rough and low-budget, but the rest is pretty dang good.

I recall the third one being so horrific we just shut it off. And Tremors 4 "wild west"... no... just... no.

[edit] There's a Tremors 5? Come on guys. Just give it up already.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

1   2 

Go to: