Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » DDR (dance game) studio

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
DDR (dance game) studio
anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

Maybe we can consider that it's a sequel to this thread: https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/585139 ;D

New video!... of an (old) tool for DanceDanceRevolution.

DDR Studio is a small stepchart editor done with Allegro 4 in 2005, that can :
- Load DWI & SM formats
- Edit multiple difficulty levels simultaneously (on the same screen)
- Generate stepchart PDF file, setup its layout and the number of arrows and "measures" per page, optionally with Mirror Steps functions
- Optionally display in very small window 320x240 x 16 colors (customizable colors).
- Launch a test (without sound)
vid_160_120_ddrstudio.gif
https://youtu.be/3GJWeLaxEdM

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Cool project, but how does it work exactly? Can you copy the stepcharts from the original game? Can you play them back with a mat?

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

Thanks for the feedback!

In fact, stepchart files are ofter created by fans (observing original charts using videos and such) in SM (Stepmania) or DWI (Dance with intensity) formats. (2 unofficial editors)

It worked like that in 2005 I don't know if now the stepcharts from the original game can be accessed more "directly".

In this project, you cannot use USB devices to play. Moreover it does not outpout sound.
The main purpose was to edit multiple difficulty levels on the same screen, in very small window 320x240 x 16 colors.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I understand better now. I think it's neat but I never really got into DDR myself. Maybe somebody else on these forums did?

Go to: