Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm so glad the world is waking up to the flaws in the (well-meaning!) SJW ideology. Any ideology that hurts innocent people, isn't really worth sparing from criticsm and evolving.

Polybios said:

Over here, there are lots of initiatives to encourage girls to go into STEM, but percentages remain low. Is it the evil patriarchy suppressing all those smart girls whose deepest secret wishes are to become programmers? I somehow doubt it.

I don't know a single woman that edits Wikipedia. Nor does my wife. Is it because evil men keep them out? Or simply women don't like collating data. Men love facts, and arranging them. Men love structuring things. Building things!

On the otherhand, I checked my account recently. Literally every change I've made in the last few months (over 15 changes) were all reverted. And I either added clear facts, or removed unnecessary NPOV paragraphs (like mentioning someone is an "ex-democrat" in the first introductory paragraph of a biography). I don't know anyone who actually wants to commit to Wikipedia anymore because it's just a camp farm. Like, people with insane ideas have the MOST free time to commit to their crazy ideas, are the ones that win edit wars. If my edits don't go through? My sourced facts don't get accepted? I move on. I'm an adult, and my time is too important. But it's Wikipedia that suffers because of their shitty, toxic, terrible community.

bamccaig said:

She made a movie. Look it up!

Yeah, the Red Pill! It's a great documentary. This talk is like a short summary of it for people who don't want to find the doc. The documentary was protested and banned from circulation by many places. It's pretty pathetic when a female, feminist, award-winning documentary author gets banned... by feminists. For daring to question The Narrative.

But once again, the second you dare to critique the in-group, you are ostracized from the group so you can be attacked without rebuke. That's why they use words like "racist, misogynist, nazi", they're painting you as "them" in the "us verses them" thinking. And they even invented "nazi-enabler" which means you don't even have to be a nazi or a bad guy... just "enabling" (an intentionally vague term with no factual objective bar to meet) allows them to throw you out.

So when Milo Yiannapolis, a gay Brit, says something they hate, he's now an alt-right "troll". (Another word). And Jordon Peterson, and Christina Hoff Sommers, both life-long liberal voters, who dared to critique their own group, are now labelled "nazi-sympathizers" and "Alt-right". Christina's wikipage literally lists her as conservative and the wiki-whores have decided that even her outright saying, "I'm not conservative, I've voted Democrat my entire life" doesn't "count" as a source. Because Wikipedia editors can "decide" what you are, against your wishes. Talk about toxic people, eww.

[edit] This got lost. They also do the "I'm not calling you a nazi... but Nazi's read your material". Like, how does that make you a bad person? You can't choose your audience, and how do facts change whether "Bad guys" agree with them or not? Bad people might like abortion, so abortion is murder. See how stupid that is?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

[ugh]

PAGE 100!!!

Gotta take advantage of this rare double post!

{"name":"5zXyqbR.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/e\/0ecfdb55047cefc81af70fd288ca0655.jpg","w":305,"h":457,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/e\/0ecfdb55047cefc81af70fd288ca0655"}5zXyqbR.jpg

[edit] One more point about labels! CNN literally called George Zimmerman a "White Hispanic." That's right. They took away his Hispanic card, so they could attack him "legally" in the PC system. (Regardless of whether or not he's a bad guy / d-bag. I'm talking labels.) Of course because feelings are involved, there's no rhyme or reason to the witch hunt tactics. You'd think the worst killer of gays in USA history would have his Muslim card revoked. Instead, they just pretend it didn't happen.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm so glad the world is waking up to the flaws in the (well-meaning!) SJW ideology.

I think you're dreaming. The world is nowhere near to waking up to anything. Literal whisleblowers came out and told everybody what the government is doing, and nothing really happened, except those whisleblowers have to live on the run for the rest of their lives. That's how little people give a shit, or rather, how little people have the time or energy to give a shit in this world. It has been perfectly designed to leave us all drained. The things that you do notice are out of wack, you can't convince enough people to help you fix it. Inevitably, everything remains broken as designed.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Well guys, I did it—I cut my hair. :'( I put my hair into ponytails and cut those off with scissors to later mail to Locks of Love. Then I took a hair clipper and buzzed off the rest. I didn't go for that razor-shaven bambams look; I instead took it down to 1/4 of an inch. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet.

One thing that was immediately noticeable (and something that surprised me) was just how cool (temperature-wise) it was not having long hair. Just taking the ponytails off made things so much cooler. And it's neat being able to feel the air whip against the back of my neck as I move again... I forgot how that felt. :P

Short hair reveals my tiny ears though—something I used to be self-conscious about. I think 1/4 of an inch might be too short for my liking, but it'll grow in. I don't plan on having long hair again in the foreseeable future, but maybe and inch or two in length wouldn't be bad. I'll probably grow to love my new haircut in about a week. I wonder how my friends and family will react. :o

Edit
It's been a few hours now and I can say that I like having short hair. I went and did some work and the people there thought it looked nice. :) I posted a video on Twitter of my hair to show my online friends. :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Looking good! It's interesting to see the part still there after you shaved it, but it'll disappear on its own as the hair flexes and grows now that it's too short to really part. Don't worry about that. On the one hand, if you like hair, I do recommend you start growing it out again because in my experience if you keep it this short then it slows to nothing. Make sure you figure out if you want to have hair or not and grow it back out if you want. I personally love the convenience of being near or fully bald, but not everybody likes it (including my fiancée :P).

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

women, are the woe of men

That made me curious. Wikipedia certainly disagrees. It says the 'wo' is derived from a word which just meant 'female', and the 'man' or 'men' is derived from a word which originally just meant 'human'. I also looked up the etymology of 'woe' and couldn't find any link to the old word for 'female'. So, sadly, although it may be cathartic if you've had woe from women, that's as far as it goes.

The topic moved on, but I might suggest not trying to convince each other of your beliefs. You may feel you're right, but who cares? For all you know, what you're doing could be like trying to convince someone who needs the comfort of heaven, science, equality, whatever it is, that they're wrong and they have nothing. What would you gain if you succeeded? Let's say what you gain is a woman who finds that attractive. What then - will you bully your future kid in the same way? :P

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

That made me curious. Wikipedia certainly disagrees. [en.wikipedia.org] It says the 'wo' is derived from a word which just meant 'female', and the 'man' or 'men' is derived from a word which originally just meant 'human'. I also looked up the etymology of 'woe' and couldn't find any link to the old word for 'female'. So, sadly, although it may be cathartic if you've had woe from women, that's as far as it goes.

It was mostly a joke. You fell for the troll-bait. :/

Bruce Perry said:

The topic moved on, but I might suggest not trying to convince each other of your beliefs. You may feel you're right, but who cares? For all you know, what you're doing could be like trying to convince someone who needs the comfort of heaven, science, equality, whatever it is, that they're wrong and they have nothing. What would you gain if you succeeded? Let's say what you gain is a woman who finds that attractive. What then - will you bully your future kid in the same way? :P

Lulz, what? What are you going on about? Are you working for the atheists now, or the religous? Why would I want a woman who found bashing people's beliefs attractive? You're way off track. We've been very civil the last few pages. I don't know what you're going on about. I don't believe I've been 'bullying' anyone afaik.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

There's a clear difference between debating ideas and bullying. I think saying women are the "woe" of men is clearly a joke (if not pretty much accurate most of the time). Of course, women are also the motivation for men to do great things, or anything at all really. At least, for straight men. Without a woman to impress, support, or win I don't think there's much point in doing anything difficult. Which might explain why women usually avoid doing them. Bazinga.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

bamccaig said:

It's interesting to see the part still there after you shaved it, but it'll disappear on its own as the hair flexes and grows now that it's too short to really part.

Yeah, it went away on its own this morning after I showered. I guess without long hair weighing it down anymore, it was able to return to an upright position. So no problem there now. :)

Quote:

Make sure you figure out if you want to have hair or not and grow it back out if you want.

I like hair. I'll probably grow it out to an inch or so but not any longer. Maybe I'll just keep it at 1/4 an inch though. We'll see.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

IMO 1/4 inch is too short if you want to continue to have hair. It'll thin out before long at that length IMO. This is not based on science, but anecdotal evidence. If you like having hair I recommend you grow it to a length where it can be styled and shaped at least. That'll encourage thickness I think. And avoid hats if you can, but it's kind of hard to protect your head from Sun damage without hats when it's so short. So it's a compromise either way probably. I don't know if it's related, but the skin on my head is incredibly dry now. To be fair, I rarely drink water, and drink a ton of beer/alcohol, so that contributes to dehydration. In any case, my fiancée thinks I have psoriasis (sp?) and I don't really question her. It's bad. So that's another thing to be wary of if you have short hair. Normal people that drink more water than beer will probably be fine, but I prefer to drink beer. >:(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I'm not a big beer drinker, and I drink loads of water to help my complexion anyhow, so I'll be fine. ;) You make a good point about hair thinning though. I'll decide what to do once it's time to cut it again (around 1-2 inches). I'm 23, so I don't think I need to worry about hair thinning or losing my hair anytime soon (I think)... When does that usually happen to most men anyway?

As for psoriasis, I had to look it up. The pictures aren't pretty. Don't most people usually get that on their arms? At least I've seen a lot of people with red, dry skin around their upper arms. Maybe it's not the same thing. In any case, try drinking enough water such that your urine is clear and you'll (probably) be fine.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My hair probably started thinning mid-20s, but wasn't noticeable until I was approaching 30. Still, you're not very far from that. On the plus side, you've grown a full head of hair for the last 14 years or so which probably helps. I don't know if hair style/cut and/or hats really affects anything, or if people with thinning hair are just naturally drawn to hair styles that make the most of it. In other words, I don't know if there's science behind the wives' tales.

I haven't done a lot of research on it because I'm the odd case: if I went fully bald it would actually be ideal for me since it means zero-maintenance for hair and I enjoy my appearance clean shaved most. Mind you, even if I went bald on top I'd probably still grow a beard and I've come to despise bald on top with a beard for associative reasons, so perhaps I'd have to then start shaving my beard regularly, which would be a lot more work than just shaving my head every couple of months.

I don't know for sure if my head is actually psoriasis or not. Basically just imagine extremely dry scalp. Like dandruff, but extreme. If I rub my head it'll flake continuously. Occasionally I get some red spots too, but they aren't gruesome looking or anything. Just irritated or whatever.

I can achieve clear urine levels of water consumption if I explicitly try to. Pretty much turn my beer addiction into a bottle addiction and drink bottled water instead of beer. I can do this for a while, up to a couple of months, but beer is so much more satisfying. I cannot drink enough water to counter the beer that I drink. It's a trade off. Science really needs to work on these first world problems. >:(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I wish you all the best in becoming bald and achieving a hassle-free hair experience. :D

As for beer, what is it about beer that you find satisfying? The flavor, the texture, the temperature, the buzz, something else? I enjoy the occasional beer, but I've never understood the allure that so many have with it. It doesn't taste too great and it's expensive. I'm much happier buying those sugar-free juice packets from Walmart and mixing them with water instead. But to each his own. ;)

Maybe you should get another vice to replace alcohol. :P I knew a guy who was a long-time alcoholic who quit drinking beer and took up drinking seltzer water instead. He drank seltzer water like an alcoholic drinks beer though. He said it satiated his desire to drink. I guess that's better than being drunk all the time.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

As for beer, what is it about beer that you find satisfying? The flavor, the texture, the temperature, the buzz, something else?

Honestly it's a combination of things depending on the mood or day. The buzz/chemical/"medicinal" effects are probably most important. I'm very introverted and "antisocial" by nature. It is not in my nature to interact with people for fun. I have learned to interact when I need to, but it doesn't come naturally. In that same vein, I tend to over-analyze everything, and easily get anxious, etc. Alcohol is a reliable way to cope with that. When my mind would normally race for hours when I try to go to sleep, if I'm drunk it's already suppressed (though usually I still fight myself until 2 or 3 AM before I submit so I'm exhausted too).

Similarly, in social situations if I can be drinking it aides with it in the same way. Where my mind would normally be racing, questioning every response, every moment of silence, etc., the alcohol helps me to just "skip beats" and be less concerned with it. It helps me to relax in that sense.

A close relative just passed away, and only 4 or 5 months after another close relative passed. When the first relative passed I didn't really take any time to stop and feel anything. It doesn't come naturally, probably in part because males are taught to suppress it, but also probably it's somewhat natural/hormonal.

For this second loss, I was just feeling not right one night so I decided instead of the usual gaming regiment I would listen to music in the dark instead. Drinking beer of course. I used to do this as a teenager, first without the beer, and in my elder teen years with beer. The music and meditation helped a lot to explore my emotions, but the beer helps to amplify the sadness.

I sobbed for a good 3 or 4 hours on and off, which I think was helpful and healthy. I couldn't really achieve it without setting up the environment for it, and alcohol aided. I actually drank 4 beers in the first hour and 20 minutes. I had to temporarily suspend alcohol consumption because I was drinking too fast and knew it would lead to bad times. As I sobered up, my capacity for expressing myself faded until I was pretty much incapable again. After an hour and 20 minutes I concluded that I had had enough time to process the previous drinks and started to ease into it again. I was almost immediately able to cry again, with the aide of darkness and music, naturally.

I didn't drink until I was legal age (19 in my jurisdiction). I was against alcohol before this for the usual reasons, but was experiencing a state of turmoil with friends and girls. I ended up exploring alcohol as a sort of destructive behavior. I therefore had a very open mind to beer, knowing it didn't taste very good naturally. I was open to forcing it to be "tough". The thing is, alcohol wears on you quickly if you let it. Before long, I actually loved the flavor of beer, and when you're kind of new to drinking or don't drink often you can better appreciate the unique flavors. I initially was disappointed when I'd start getting a buzz because it numbs your tastes and makes you unable to taste the beer's actual flavor. Of course, as you drink more regularly the taste is no longer detectable and you are just hooked on the buzz instead.

It's a rare pleasure these days when I get to experience the actual flavor of a good brew. And good is subjective. I've tried many beers over the years, but my preference is considered a "cheap" beer in Canada. I still find that it tastes the best. I don't mind more "eccentric" beers for an adventure, but my beer of choice is just nice without being weird or forced. But again, most of the time, I cannot taste those subtle effects, and only get to experience the satisfaction of fulfilling the addiction and the buzz.

Quote:

I enjoy the occasional beer, but I've never understood the allure that so many have with it. It doesn't taste too great and it's expensive. I'm much happier buying those sugar-free juice packets from Walmart and mixing them with water instead. But to each his own. ;)

I have to avoid sugar for my teeth. My oral hygiene has especially gone downhill in recent years due to work stress and probably alcohol abuse, but it was never able to be perfect anyway. Long before I started drinking alcohol I was addicted to soda, and my parents ignorantly fed my habit to the point that the enamel was pretty much worn down on my teeth by the time I was in the my late teens or early twenties.

If your oral health is reasonable for your age and you are happy with watered down sugar instead of alcohol I wouldn't want to dissuade you from that. There are certainly threats to be aware of with sugar drinks, but if you water it down you seem to already be aware of those. That said, as I said, beer grows on you. Particularly if you have mental or emotional issues to cope with. Either way, if you drink the taste and then the buzz will grow on you. As you said, it's expensive, and we know it's bad for your health so don't feel pressured to buy into it. If you don't enjoy it good. It's just an expensive habit and poison. Let it remain a mystery as long as you can, as long as you also avoid more harmful alternatives.

Quote:

Maybe you should get another vice to replace alcohol. :P I knew a guy who was a long-time alcoholic who quit drinking beer and took up drinking seltzer water instead. He drank seltzer water like an alcoholic drinks beer though. He said it satiated his desire to drink. I guess that's better than being drunk all the time.

I've also used carbonated water to aide in cutting back or temporarily quitting alcohol. It works. I'd wager that for a beer drinker soda water is a reasonable replacement. Practically speaking, even bottled water works, except it's boring and the lack of variety or taste or feeling leaves you more vulnerable to "relapse". Whereas carbonated water also gives you a feeling and you can get it various flavors which helps to shake things up. In the end, it still lacks the self medication that most people drinking alcohol are probably seeking.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Dylan Thomas may have been my favorite alcoholic. More importantly, however, I posted on the historic 100th/25th/whateverth page in the greatest thread of all time. I'm also doing it from a headset display.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You guys may be witnessing history here. If this thread ever locks, I think allegro.cc will probably auto-lock as well. :/

The forum is too quiet.

Guys, let's face it. We need to ADVERTISE allegro on OTHER sites, or we're going to die a slow death of attrition. Or is it just a.cc?

OMG wait! There's been a sign of life! The news page just got updated with the Allegro 5.2.4 release thread news item! Our dear overlord ML hasn't forgotten us!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Whenever I get game(s) published on Steam, I'm mentioning Allegro.

-----sig:

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

Whenever I get game(s) published on Steam, I'm mentioning Allegro.

In the name of Happyland Adventures' bunny protag, I vow to do the same. (though my games are crap so will probably just leave it to Chris)

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@bambams:
So the alcohol helps you cope with anxiety and over-analyzing things. I suppose that's cheaper than therapy. You seem to have done well enough with beer thus far, but I'd strongly encourage you to seek out other venues to help or suppress your problems. I'd hate to find out you died in a car wreck due to alcohol or that your liver went bust or something. :-/

The juice I mentioned is sugar-free, as in no sugar. So pseudo sugar (which is probably just as bad as real sugar but for different reasons). I don't think the sugar-free juice is harmful to your teeth... I drink a lot of it and haven't had any teeth problems. Although, drink too much and the dye turns your poop green. :o

I forgot to mention: the guy who drank the carbonated water had a fake eye. He gave me his old one when he got a new one. Check it out:

{"name":"611479","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b74648357b6e4ff31a98c4435516388.jpg","w":1944,"h":2592,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b74648357b6e4ff31a98c4435516388"}611479

@Gideon Weems: Dude, I love your profile. Been meaning to tell you that for a while. There's some sweet profiles here, but yours tops them all! :D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'd hate to find out you died in a car wreck due to alcohol or that your liver went bust or something. :-/

Not all alcohol drinkers drive while they're drunk. :P I never drive drunk. I don't even risk it if I'm unsure. If there's a chance I'm drunk I don't drive. Though to be fair, evidence suggests that "distracted driving" AKA "cell phone use while driving" is actually more dangerous than drunk driving. I don't do either one, but most people seem to use cell phones with complete ignorance.

As for my liver going bust, it's certainly a concern on my mind. Last autumn I was experiencing a strange taste/smell sensation that reminded me of the taste of heart tissue (I have eaten chicken hearts before). This concerned me greatly. I didn't have a family/general practitioner doctor at the time so my only option was going to the ER. The ER doctor ignored my alcohol abuse and concluded that most likely the culprit was acid reflux, or related to my poor oral hygiene. He prescribed some pills for acid reflux, and recommended I make an appointment with my dentist. The prescription could not be taken with alcohol so I quit drinking alcohol for a month while I took the prescription, and then continued for another month after the prescription ran out to give my liver time to restore itself.. It turns out that livers are actually pretty resilient and can repair themselves if you give them a break.

There are certainly nights when I'm quite hard on it, but in general I don't think it's unreasonable based on the research that I've done. I can't afford hard liquor so it's rare that I subject my liver to that (which is good because if I could afford it my liver would probably be much worse off). After 2 months of sobriety I was feeling really great, but I had to abuse the shit out of bottled water and soda/seltzer water to do it. I definitely have a bit of alcohol dependence, but I can overcome that relatively easily. What's more difficult to overcome is the drinking habit (literally). I always had a stock of bottled water and seltzer water and drank bottles/cans of it all night long in quantities that I would normally drink beer. If I didn't have a bottle in my hand then I would get antsy. The bottled water was relatively good for me, other than being loaded with salt, and the seltzer water was theoretically harmless other than contributing to dehydration like the beer used to, but they're able to hide ingredients under labels like "natural flavor" so who really knows.

I broke the sobriety when my 2 week vacation time at Christmas was achieved. Initially I planned to drink during my vacation and then go back to sobriety afterward. And I think I slowed down for a bit after my vacation, but renewed work stress encouraged continued drinking. I has since completely relapsed. Eventually, I hope I'll get inspired to go back to water for a few months. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the relief afforded to me by beer.

Mind you, various financial stresses have been taking their toll for a few years. It's a gray area whether I can afford my drinking habit anymore. That was a contributing factor to quitting back in September. Things are back to getting serious, and I have a wedding coming up in October so it's not a good feeling having no money saved up. On the bright side, I just received a sizable raise so as long as my company continues to balance the books and keep me employed things are looking up for a brief time until inflation or "grown up" purchases drown me again. I'm hoping the raise is enough to give me a break for a while, but we'll see what it practically means once it kicks in in June..

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

How can anyone be a connoisseur of domestic draft beer? Tastes like warm swill, if we're being polite.

I used to drink heavily in my youth, to numb the pain, but all it does is make it worse.

If you have emotional problems, alcohol only makes everything seem worse, or else you just stop caring, which is bad too.

Your thoughts determine your reality.

Let me say that again, your thoughts determine your reality. Perception is everything.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

How can anyone be a connoisseur of domestic draft beer? Tastes like warm swill, if we're being polite.

It usually tastes like water to me. :P But I don't mind it (but I mind paying for it!).

Quote:

Your thoughts determine your reality.

Let me say that again, your thoughts determine your reality. Perception is everything.

There's truth in this. I'm old enough to know that, but not old enough to put it into practice.

My family drinks a lot too which makes it hard to quit. My brother, mother, and dad all drink as much as I do. I love visiting them of course, but it's hard to be sober when everybody else is drinking.

My finacée doesn't drink often because it usually gives her a headache or upsets her stomach. As a result, she's usually my designated driver when we go out. Which is extremely convenient. She doesn't seem to mind either, and it's good to keep her away from the temptation so that she doesn't have to try to quit. When we have kids she says I have to quit drinking which I think will be really hard to do. Especially with the added stresses of providing for and caring for a baby. :-/ But I do think it's a good thing to do, if you can handle it.

I'd love to just get therapy for my issues instead of self-medicating, but I'm afraid I can't afford it and I'm afraid they might drug me in ways that affect my thought process and change who I "am". On the plus side, they're supposed to be legalizing marijuana in a few months so I might experiment with that, but on the downside there's a huge negative stigma against marijuana use still so it might not be practical even if it is "better", which itself remains to be seen.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It was mostly a joke. You fell for the troll-bait. :/

But I learnt something - I hadn't looked up the etymology of 'women' before :)

Quote:

Lulz, what? What are you going on about? Are you working for the atheists now, or the religous? Why would I want a woman who found bashing people's beliefs attractive? You're way off track. We've been very civil the last few pages. I don't know what you're going on about. I don't believe I've been 'bullying' anyone afaik.

I assume none of what you quoted was intended for you. Sorry for the confusion :) In answer to your question, my own beliefs are that religions are created purely by people for people, but I see the value in them and was making the best effort I could to support all viewpoints. I'm too lazy to check but I think maybe someone was trying to convince you your beliefs were wrong (again) and I was trying to address that person.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Next poster get illustrious 2500th post!

-----sig:

Go to: