Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Greyland818
Member #16,851
April 2018

;D, was there a definite answer to this post? Seems like an interesting feature. Are there any moderators or webmasters that can implement this feature?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Greyland818, you seem new. ;D

As for "threads locking too soon", add another thread to the list, ffs!!!

Not another Monday thread >:(

So the question still stands, are any of you (wo)man enough to build a real world application and game programmer's toolkit that will blow everyone else out of the water? Allegro is too dang low level to get anything done in a quick amount of time, and having to endlessly repeat setup code gets tiresome.

And why isn't there a view thread by open or close date by search range? Cmon. Like a small boat on the ocean, sending big waves into motion. Oh sorry that's the radio playing.... uhm back to being off topic again, add your code to my library and build the best applications and games ever. ;)

Step 1. Join me.
Step 2. $$$Pr0fit
Step 3. Resistance is futile.

video

video

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

So the question still stands, are any of you (wo)man enough to build a real world application and game programmer's toolkit that will blow everyone else out of the water? Allegro is too dang low level to get anything done in a quick amount of time, and having to endlessly repeat setup code gets tiresome.

I'm already doing that. :) Molto. As in Molto Allegro.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko said:

I'm already doing that. :) Molto. As in Molto Allegro.

But we're all doing that! Except each of us is doing it in a different language, in a different framework, yada yada. Which is why none of us ever get anything done! Because we're all too busy writing our own ultimate library.

You and SiegeLord are doing D and Molto. jmasterx and I and others have GUI libraries. Oates has his AllegroFlare framework. beoran is doing Go now. Somebody's doing Forth. Just think of the awesome apps and games we could create if we worked together for once. C'mon, let's do this!

It's still not Monday!!!!

Greyland818
Member #16,851
April 2018

Edgar do you own or run the site? Are you able to implement features to the site?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Greyland818
Member #16,851
April 2018

;D, Got it.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Edgar is secretly Matthew Leverton, or vice-versa. ;)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Four hours is too long without a post!

I just watched Star Trek TOS Balance of Terror.

It's so bloody good. It could be a movie.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This made me burst out laughing, I just had to share. ;D;D;D
{"name":"611448","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/3\/b34f25fa29cb215be035f5a95338e464.png","w":720,"h":720,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/3\/b34f25fa29cb215be035f5a95338e464"}611448

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Who's the guy on top?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada.

For some reason, Canadians have become unhappy and are experiencing that fallacy where you live in a great country and have all the nice things, but you get bored with it because everything is basically perfect all time and so now things that that everybody else in the world envies and would die for, you've found a reason complain about.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Nope, I don't complain as much about my country as I do about the leader that is leading it into the shithole.

Just because my country seems to do okay, doesn't mean I should never complain about the leadership; that's a moronic attitude.

Otherwise, I would assume you would defend Mr. Trump, because he leads a wealthy nation, nobody should complain right? Hypocrite.

In any event, I found it funny and am sharing it with those who have a sense of humour.

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

you've found a reason complain about.

Are you insane? Only an American would think Canada is perfect. Their internet sucks, and they have no respect for civil liberties.

They passed Bill C-16 in 2016. A bill that makes it illegal to not use someones correct gender pronouns.

1 - No care that there are no official scientific list of pronouns. It's just a list some people made.

2 - No care whether science says using pronouns actually helps anything.

The most horrifying though, is #3:

3 - Compelled speech.

For the first time in the history of Canada, it's not just illegal to SAY something offensive. It's illegal to REFUSE TO SAY WORDS THAT THE STATE DEMANDS YOU TO. The state has decided it can compel you under threat of prison and "re-education camps" to say something and it will not stop here.

And, right after the bill passed? As proof of the horrific abuse this bill pushes: A young, teaching assistant, female, showed a clip of arguments from the congressional debate. Certainly merely showing video of the legislative process leading UP TO the bill, can't be illegal? Nope. Sorry. This young girl was taken from class, to a private room. Two men of authority proceeded to gang up and verbally berate her, and liken the comments she showed to Nazism. And thank God she was smart enough to record it or we'd never hear about it.

And liberals only defense? "She didn't actually violate C-16!" So it's okay that the liberal staff thought she did, berated a young woman without any kind of representation. It's okay that two men of authority ganged up on a woman for merely showing a video that covers arguments about a law that was passed. All that stuff about power dynamics. All that stuff about positions of authority, and protecting women from abuse. It goes out the window because as with everything in liberals minds these days: the end justifies the means so whatever minority gets steam rolled over, doesn't matter. (Like how all those dead gays in the Pulse Nightclub shooting don't matter anymore because the shooter was a bigger victim group, Muslims.)

-----sig:

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

you've found a reason complain about.

Are you insane? Their internet sucks (a loving indication of their corporate corruption), and they have no respect for civil liberties.

They passed Bill C-16 in 2016. A bill that makes it illegal to not use someone's personally-decided gender pronouns.

1 - No care that there are no official scientific list of pronouns. It's just a list some people made. (It's literally a political bill, pushed by a small, powerful group, not a medical bill by scientists or doctors.)

2 - No care whether science says using pronouns actually helps anything.

The most horrifying though, is #3:

3 - Compelled speech.

For the first time in the history of Canada, it's not just illegal to SAY something offensive. It's illegal to REFUSE TO SAY WORDS THAT THE STATE DEMANDS YOU TO. The state has decided it can compel you under threat of prison and literal "re-education camps" to say something and it will not stop here. (Also, no scientific proof "re-education" works and doesn't just create more resentment.)

And, right after the bill passed? As proof of the horrific abuse this bill pushes: A young, teaching assistant, female, showed a clip of arguments from the congressional debate. Certainly merely showing video of the legislative process leading UP TO the bill, can't be illegal? Nope. Sorry. This young girl was taken from class, to a private room. Two men of authority proceeded to gang up and verbally berate her, and liken the comments she showed to Nazism. And thank God she was smart enough to record it or we'd never hear about it.

And liberals only defense? "She didn't actually violate C-16!" So it's okay that the liberal staff thought she did, berated a young woman without any kind of representation. It's okay that two men of authority ganged up on a woman for merely showing a video that covers arguments about a law that was passed. All that stuff about power dynamics. All that stuff about positions of authority, and protecting women from abuse. It goes out the window because as with everything in liberals minds these days: the end justifies the means so whatever minority gets steam rolled over, doesn't matter. (Like how all those dead gays in the Pulse Nightclub shooting don't matter anymore because the shooter was a bigger victim group, Muslims.)

But back to Canada. Canada is living proof the road to hell is paved with maple syrup flavored good intentions.

[edit] And if it weren't obvious, I'm a classic liberal--not a neo-con.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Canadians have a lot to complain about. Parts of the country have major doctor shortages, and though parts of our health care system are free they are also slow and often incompetent. It's not a rare occasion to hear stories of somebody with a serious condition being sent away from the hospital and rushed back just in time. It seems like a trend that cancer is uncaught until it's too late.

The government is also selling out to the oil industry, threatening our delicate coastlines and fresh water sources with pipelines and tankers. This is all done to ship raw oil out of the country where it can be processed by some other nation's employment force and sold back to us at a premium.

They're also barking down the tree of throwing away net neutrality and blocking any Internet sites that they decide could be involved in piracy, etc.

There's a very long list of things the government is doing against the wishes of Canadians and against our better good. They're fully corrupted now and no better than the American government. The current party in power at the national level made campaign promises to change the electorate system because it doesn't work as is. As soon as they got into power they said nope, they're going to leave it as is.

Any government that doesn't represent the people is a problem. It doesn't matter how approximately great the quality of life is there. If governments are left free to operate against the wishes of the people that can change in a hurry.

There are many Canadians that struggle just to get by. There are limited employment opportunities, and housing tends to be quite expensive. It's not a utopia. It beats the Hell out of a third world nation, but it still has a long way to go to rank high on the first world scoreboard.

The things we used to be known for, like peacekeeping, aren't even true anymore. Our government has backed out of reducing emissions promises from climate change agreements made with the world. And continues to fail to take climate change seriously. Canada may have once been an example to the world, but now it's just another example of what not to do.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

;D8-):D:):P
{"name":"611449","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/e\/8e051c28f431aa2cf760d300e6f734a1.png","w":325,"h":444,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/e\/8e051c28f431aa2cf760d300e6f734a1"}611449

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Where in Bill C-16 does it say you must use proper gender pronouns? As far as I can tell it just makes gender expression and gender identity protected classes.

I didn't see it but I just skimmed it. ???

Quote:

Professor Cossman repeatedly argued that Dr. Peterson has overstated the sanctions he could face as a result of his remarks.

"There is nothing in Bill C-16 that criminalizes the misuse of pronouns," she said. Language is already the subject of legislation, from bilingual labelling to swearing an Oath to the Queen, to hate speech, she added.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/university-of-toronto-professor-defends-right-to-use-gender-specific-pronouns/article32946675/

Slippery slope fallacy?

Btw I had a fun time talking about things like toxic masculinity and hetereonormative bullshit on my last few dates. Come at me (/s; really don't I'm just trolling).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Btw I had a fun time talking about things like toxic masculinity and hetereonormative

What about toxic feminism? Pretty soon all the men will be rounded up, forced to donate their sperm and then be forcibly castrated. I'm all for women's rights, but some women are taking this thing a little too far.

Besides, women are just jealous. They want to be the next man. envy. ;) But really, what would they win if they succeeded? Higher rates of suicide, lower lifespan, and a more stressful life trying to be the provider while hoping your children are really yours and it wasn't all just a waste of time.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

;D

If that was satire, well done!

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

When a woman refers to a man as a sperm donor, I die a little on the inside...

The same claim can be made about women—that they're only good for making babies.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What about toxic feminism?

OH, you mean third wave Feminism. ??? Pretty much every professional victim since the 90s. :P

The same claim can be made about women—that they're only good for making babies.

And sammiches. And supper. And doing the dishes. And vacuuming the house. And bringing you beer.

I think at this point in her career my finacée wishes she could be a stay at home mom. A lot of women really got shafted by this whole movement. I dare say the vast majority were brainwashed in school to think it was for their empowerment to distract them from what they were sacrificing.

My finacée has trouble deciding what she wants to eat every night. I mean, literally, she's hungry (enough to be angry) now and needs to eat, but is too indecisive to make a decision about what she wants to eat (and will not settle for less than what she wants, which she can't decide). There are very distinct differences between men and women. Strengths and weaknesses.

The old way was far from perfect, but so is the new way.

Many women today are depressed. Surveys show that younger women are more depressed than their mothers and grandmothers were. Are things getting better, or getting worse? And who is steering the ship?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Were they told that giving women an equal amount of all responsibilities and social expectations would make them happy? Demanding that men act like women in various aspects (like reigning in "toxic masculinity" ie. acting masculine in general) is making men miserable too.

Go to: