Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

You don't point it at any screen. It works the same as how your phone detects how you're holding it. Three axis to play with... I'm going to assume it has a compass in it of sorts because when you hold it parallel to a table, you can tilt it back and front, left and right, AND it detects turning as if you have a steering wheel sticking out of your table.

I haven't played enough games to get used to the gyro yet, and when I tried it, it's annoying that the game I tried it with, left with two usable buttons to really use it. Don't want to use that unless you're aiming after all.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Strictly speaking I think that a "gyroscope" is able to detect rotations in any direction (including rotating horizontally on the y axis, as a compass needle might). So that much makes sense. I just fail to understand how this is supposed to be better to control a game whose view port is 2 dimensional and a mere sliver of the 3D space in the game world. Necessarily either you turn away from the view port or your motion is constrained preventing you from using the gyro for full control.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

One year anniversary of this thread coming up on the 26th. We should do something special to celebrate. I'm so proud of us all >:(

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

There's still a chance it gets locked before that...

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

jmasterx said:

One year anniversary of this thread coming up on the 26th. We should do something special to celebrate. I'm so proud of us all >:(

Yes, we're awesome. A logo would be nice.

Elias said:

There's still a chance it gets locked before that...

I'm not sure that would happen. May be the forum thread counter will overflow before that. Actually we're testing Matt's programming skills right now.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Are we even close to a record in terms of number of posts yet?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I believe I recall thousand-post threads in the past so we probably aren't close to the record in terms of post count yet, but I suspect we're getting close in terms of length of time open (unless maybe they didn't automatically close in the beginning).

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

This is post #657. I wonder who will get the Post of the Devil.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

You know... if Gideon's post is #657, then the posts are zero based... but the Post of the Devil number is using a one base numbering system... so post #665 is the Post of the Devil?

---
MiquelFire.red

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

You know... if Gideon's post is #657, then the posts are zero based... but the Post of the Devil number is using a one base numbering system... so post #665 is the Post of the Devil?

I think you're right, actually.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Hell, I would have loved to be the devil.

But I can't let the thread die >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Not it!!

That would be funny if the thread died because nobody wanted to be #666. ;D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

That can't be.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yoink. 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Ha! This is the first time I've seen this thread. I never look in this section of the forums. I feel I've been missing out. :'(

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Welcome! Bambams will show you around :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

This should pretty much sum it up:

{"name":"024.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/155207638714ae9459d13662a58e2693.gif","w":450,"h":338,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/5\/155207638714ae9459d13662a58e2693"}024.gif

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Whatever the source of that image is, it looks REALLY poorly made.

---
MiquelFire.red

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

That gif with that Iron Maiden music is just EPIC. Some parts are actually synchronised!

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thank you for ^ that. I have flash blockers that prevent it from loading on-load, but I see what you mean. :)

Go to: