July 2006

Allegro.cc only understands the full URL of YouTube videos. :P

Also, if we're counting the OP, I guess I too scored 5000. :D

Nobody tell RmBeer2.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thank you.

Also, who wants to place bets on when and/or if civil war breaks out and how bad. Skirmishes with the military anyone? Trump is going to cry like a baby if he loses, and his white supremacist buddies will all come to his aid I'm sure.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I find it hard to comprehend how war breaks out in 2020 at all. Let alone among a single group of people. From the sounds of it insurgents put up a pretty good fight overseas. The American variety is wealthier, better equipped, and better organized. And probably also outnumbers the forces. Let alone the number of right-wing nutjobs in the military. Half of the military might just defect.

I think that shit is going to start hitting the fan right around December 14th, if not November 3rd? There's a chance that things are going to change forever. Hopefully the change is good, whatever it is.

And if we all need to take up arms in World War 3 at least we've all strategically positioned ourselves for desk duty. 8-)

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Raynebc said:

Don't forget that the Russia collusion hoax is one of the biggest debunked conspiracy theories in all of our lifetimes

You mean this hoax? Or do you mean the hoax Donald Trump was a part of it? And by saying "and the instigators will be brought to justice if we're lucky.", you mean Russia's Internet Research Agency will be brought to justice, correct?

Bamccaig said:

I find it hard to comprehend how war breaks out in 2020 at all.

I'm not so sure.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Canadians are goofy in the head. If a civil war breaks out it will be the far left causing it. They're trying to cause it now.

FYI, Bob, the hoax was that Trump directly worked with Russia to beat Hillary. Lefties were drunk on that flavor of Kool-Aid for years. Some still are, evidently.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"612656","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e68e355a522d128d07fe3fb12cf3c5c4.png","w":405,"h":522,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/6\/e68e355a522d128d07fe3fb12cf3c5c4"}612656

Whose guns will the Democrats be using? The US Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, FBI, state and local police guns. Those guns.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

The Pew research center... for guns XD
Pew pew pew!!! :P

Alright I had my amusement for the day.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

Whose guns will the Democrats be using? The US Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, FBI, state and local police guns. Those guns.

lmfao.

Which way do you think those organizations vote. go ahead. take five minutes.

I mean come on man. Try to think.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Our President doesn't know anything about QAnon. Except that they hate pedophiles! And that's a good thing. So they must be good guys. I'm glad he's using his top secret clearance credentials to work!

Mr. Trump, do you think the Democrats are a secret alien race of time travelers trying to illegitimately dethrone you?

Trump> I cannot say. Maybe? Could be? Some people think so.

What a WORLD CLASS IDIOT. ::)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Which way do you think those organizations vote. go ahead. take five minutes.

They're a lot more mixed than you think. Watch.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

We had our national election today.

The major left-wing party (and majority party in the current government) has won by a landslide (64 of the 120 seats in parliament with the leading right-wing party only taking 35 seats), and if they choose to, will be able to form a government alone, without needing to build a coalition.

We're also voting on two referendums, one to legalize euthenasia and the other to legalize cannabis, but the results of those won't be known for a few weeks.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I already voted.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

bamccaig said:

They're a lot more mixed than you think. Watch.

It's also worth acknowledging the Republican brass that has already came out against Trump and said they were going to support the Democratic candidate.

First Google result:

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/601348/

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

It's also worth acknowledging the Republican brass that has already came out against Trump and said they were going to support the Democratic candidate.

That's because they're the same party. I mean come, there's no excuse to be this ignorant anymore.

The biggest support Trump ever had from both sides was when he invaded Syria.

When literal war mongers from the Iraq invasion (Colin Powell) are keynote speakers at the DNC, and "omg bush gives michelle obama candies! UWUWUWUWU", and nobody questions it I have to ask if people use their brains or have any memory at all of the last 10 years.

Remember those migrants? Those poor kids in cages!?
1) nobody cares about them anymore apparently
2) now migrants are trump agents.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-10-02/another-migrant-caravan-is-headed-toward-the-united-states

that's right. Less than four years ago, anyone who didn't love migrants was a racist. Now, undocumented MIGRANTS ARE BAD PEOPLE being pushed to America to RE-ELECT TRUMP.

... and nobody in the press questions it.

If that doesn't open your eyes, nothing will, and enjoy your bubble.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That's because they're the same party. I mean come, there's no excuse to be this ignorant anymore.

So you believe that the Democratic Party and the Republican Party are the same party? Because Republicans are calling out Trump? And you think it's ignorant to believe otherwise? Maybe, just maybe, you should rethink your own logic.

Of course, I 100% believe that the party in power is just an illusion. The extremely wealthy are always in power. Democracy is just a gimmick to make most of us enthusiastic slave labor. But that doesn't mean that the parties are just a conspiracy. There is still a lot of power/wealth to be exploited from being a member of a government in power. There's a lot of competition to get that power and wealth.

To believe that they're the same party is absolutely ridiculous. They're not the same party. Trump is just that bad. Which is why so many long time Republicans are turning their backs against him and supporting the Democrats. Trump is a terrible person. He's the furthest thing there could be from a strong American leader. He's a pussy. He's wildly out of shape. He's obviously in very poor health. He doesn't pay his taxes. He used his wealth to get out of serving in the military several times. He is completely immoral. He had his people fire teargas and forcefully assault peaceful American citizens protesting in order to pose for a photo opportunity with a fucking Bible. You know he's not actually religious, right? You know he's the epitome of what the Bible says not to do.

He's a plutocrat. And not a very good one at that. If it weren't for handouts to keep him rich he'd have lost it all and probably died in a ditch years ago. But of course the system doesn't actually work. When you're rich and you fail you don't actually fail.

The Republicans that believe in honesty and integrity are turning against Trump, realizing that he could very well collapse the country, and may have already ruined the Republican Party. If you still support Trump after all of this, and you point to Republicans turning against him as being wrong, then you seriously need to take a look in the mirror, reexamine the evidence from some unbiased sources, and see if that doesn't bring about a change of heart and mind.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Man those guys sure had integrity when they voted for every middle eastern war, and, went out of their way to not prosecute the wall street bankers that literally destroyed the entire world's economy overnight.

Or the fact the dems went out of their way to not prosecute any of the USA / CIA war crimes of the bush administration... and then invited them to speak at the DNC.

oh wait, fun fact: Nancy Pelosi didn't just know about "enhanced interrogation techniques" (actual state sponsored torture)... she was on the committee that approved it.

Do yourself a favor and actually read the wiki for "neoliberal" and realize it's just another word for conservative.

-----sig:

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Chris, are you a QAnon believer? :o

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

It's easy to say 'both parties are the same' when your right to marriage, receive healthcare, not get fired from your job, all because of your gender/sexual orientation don't depend on a Supreme Court case rather than legislation. ::)

And which party would pass legislation protecting LGBT rights? I think there might be only one...

Finished this guy:

https://i.imgur.com/rDkpCn7.gif

Not sure if the GIF will work. >:(

edit: guess not, here's a link https://i.imgur.com/rDkpCn7.mp4

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The HTML-style syntax is actually XHTML so I think that a closing / may be needed. Also, you aren't able to explicitly define a width/height property.

https://i.imgur.com/rDkpCn7.gif

Apparently it doesn't work anyway though. I thought gifs were supported, but I'm probably thinking of another message board. I recall ML hated gifs for the spam they often produce in other message boards, but I'm pretty sure you've embedded ItsyRealm gifs before.

Append:

The response from Imgur does not contain an explicit Content-Type so perhaps that is why it's not being accepted by A.cc?

Append:

Man those guys sure had integrity when they voted for every middle eastern war, and, went out of their way to not prosecute the wall street bankers that literally destroyed the entire world's economy overnight.

Or the fact the dems went out of their way to not prosecute any of the USA / CIA war crimes of the bush administration... and then invited them to speak at the DNC.

oh wait, fun fact: Nancy Pelosi didn't just know about "enhanced interrogation techniques" (actual state sponsored torture)... she was on the committee that approved it.

That's not because they're the same party. That's because governments are bought and paid for, and the party in power doesn't matter as much as you'd think it should. Our Liberal government invested $12.6 billion in purchasing a private oil pipeline, despite the oil industry tanking (the company that owned it wasn't going to invest the necessary money to finish the project because it no longer made sense). The Progressive Conservative Party is the oil party in Canada. The only reason for doing that was to appease to the O&G lobbyists, as well as the O&G workers in Alberta who are all out of work because the oil industry no longer makes sense in Canada.

Meanwhile, Canada is nowhere near being able to reach its internationally agreed upon emissions targets even as they try to introduce some new legislation to help. We're still looking at about a 3 degree Celsius increase in global average temperature by 2050. For reference, our target is to keep the increase to less than 1.5 degrees Celsius. Which is not a perfectly stable climate even then. It's still bad for the planet, and many people will die as a result, and many species will go extinct, but it's a realistic goal to achieve in time if we try. 3 degrees is on the extreme end of the spectrum. If it comes true it could mean mass extinctions, major changes in the balance of power on our planet, major loss of human life, and perhaps an irreversible snowball effect that gets worse and worse.

Essentially, the powers that be are seasoned professionals at exploiting government. They're not working for you and I. They work for corporations and the wealthy elite. They only need enough support from us every 4 years to get in power. In between elections they're busy cashing in on their power for wealth and powerful friendships.

Absolutely the Democratic Party is not a good party for America. No more than the Liberals are a good party for Canada. But you know what else? The Republicans and Progressive Conservatives are even worse. They deny climate change, they've been denying the dangers of COV-19, they've been denying the systemic discrimination that is still prevalent in society and in law enforcement. It's not that the Democratic Party is the best choice for the people of America. It's that they're the best that you can do right now.

I've been contributing to the Green Party of Canada for about a decade now, and we've been growing significantly, and gaining seats in parliament too. Nationally and provincially. That said, we're still a long ways away from having Green Party members with serious power in parliament or Queen's park. America has at least as far to go, and probably much further. Vote Democrat in 2020 only because Trump is a horribly unfit leader, and America might not survive another 4 years of him. But at the same time you need to start pushing for other options to be taken seriously, while also trying to dismantle the clear sabotage from within each of the parties.

2 parties is too few to function. It's far too easy for a single, biased group (on either side) to gain too much power and influence. That's not how democracy is supposed to work. Get involved. Pay attention. And push for significant improvements to your entire electoral system and within your parties power structure as well. You don't have to trust that they got it right the first or second time. There's always room for improvement. In 2020 there's a LOT of room for improvement in both of our systems. Don't settle for status quo. Demand better. Ultimately, the government is only powerful because of us. And they're supposed to represent us. But they won't unless we force them to.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Let's see how long the media and big tech can keep the recently re-exposed Biden family corruption swept under the rug. Democrats pretend this doesn't matter while they continue to peddle conspiracy theories against Trump's family. More than being Republican versus Democrat, the political war right now is the establishment (which includes the pro-war camp) versus everybody else. Trump is pissing rich people off in both political parties, that's how you get Never-Trump "Conservatives" siding with the usual Never-Republican Democrats. The social and news media have forever destroyed any credibility they collectively used to have.

Fracking and nuclear are the immediate solution to climate change, renewables aren't good enough to be the world's primary power source right now. Anybody who says we have to ditch fossil fuels and can't use nuclear isn't serious about stopping climate change, they're just the usual ignorant/lying activist.

If you depend on not having textualist judges in order to maintain your preferred policies, just know that means your preferences are not lawful/constitutional. You need to push to have the laws properly changed and not rely on the Supreme Court to be a political weapon the way the Democrats want to.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Fracking is extremely harmful to the environment and ecosystem. So no, it's definitely not a solution to climate change. Matter of fact we're trying to ban it in Canada.

Nuclear isn't a perfect option either because of the inevitable radioactive waste that will permanently pose a risk to the environment and humanity. Nuclear is also not necessarily considered renewable (practically, today, not).

There's much more potential in other, truly green options. Solar has major potential, but obviously requires some large-scale coordination to workaround the day/night cycle issues (e.g., an international grid that shared energy across the entire planet, so that which ever side has the Sun can fuel the rest).

Ultimately there is no switch we can flip to go Green overnight. Our entire civilization is currently built on fossil fuels. You can't just abandon them overnight. You'll need to use fossil fuels to develop and bootstrap the renewables initially. It is a long-term goal to phase out the fossil fuels. We'll never get there if we don't seriously invest in it and commit to a truly clean solution.

We don't have much choice either. Fossil fuels are literally threatening our existence. If predictions are correct and a snowball effect occurs we'll be pretty much doomed. Of course, it doesn't really hurt selfish people today to dismiss the possibility. They likely won't be the ones suffering, and likely won't endure the end times. But that's little comfort for the generations to come that will need to endure these changes.

Climate has shaped our planet, and a changing climate will inevitably reshape it. America may be generally pretty comfortable now, but what if everything South of Michigan becomes too hot to handle year round? Suddenly Americans have no place to live? War is inevitable, but you're not the only big army in the world. And a weakened America from internal division will be easy prey. The future is most certainly uncertain.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Both parties view the Supreme Court as a political weapon. Trump himself has said he wants there to be 6 conservatives in hopes they have a role in giving him the election (as they did Bush). The rallying cry for conservatives has been to take over the Supreme Court to undo what they think are bad, prior decisions. (I think they'll be disappointed to find out that the Supreme Court isn't really in the business of undoing previous decisions just because.)

Court packing is a stupid idea, as Biden himself once said in a previous life. But politicians are being even more political about it, so who knows what will happen. McCain is on record for wanting to block all of Clinton's nominations for four years if she became President and Republicans still were in control of the Senate! This is not how things were supposed to be... if Presidents only nominated middle of the road justices that 60+ Senators could agree is good, then the Supreme Court wouldn't be in trouble.

Because of all of this, court reform seems like it is in order. Perhaps increase it gradually to a certain size and rig up a formula (with term limits) so that each President basically can replace two. Make it mandatory to have super majority confirmation and make it mandatory that the Senate hold hearings (pause other things they care about).

The stranglehold the Democrats and Republicans have is killing the system in USA. Trump and his white supremacists should have their own party. Bernie, AOC, and their friends should have their own party. Part of the middle of Democrats and Republicans probably should be in the same party. We prosecute monopolies and duopolies in business, but the ironic truth is our government operates as one.

While I love for an outside to shake up the system, Trump is a terrible person. Keep trying to think otherwise if it helps you sleep better at night! He admittedly grabs women by the pussy. Cheats on his pregnant wife with a stripper. Transfers campaign funds to cover it up. Openly fantasizes about his own daughter. Ran a corrupt non-profit for personal benefit. Calls war heros (McCain) losers while dodges the draft himself. Fires everybody in his inner circle who doesn't kiss his butt. Argues against science and actively prohibits research, but when he needs banned stem cell driven therapies he's happy to pump himself full of them. There's not enough posts on this thread to go over how disgusting of a person he is. >:(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Here's some artwork I made :
{"name":"612660","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e06af94f19c54cd32e408a44a18bb271.png","w":960,"h":540,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/0\/e06af94f19c54cd32e408a44a18bb271"}612660
{"name":"612661","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b91093c31ccd1c9e526346ec313a8ca.png","w":960,"h":540,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b91093c31ccd1c9e526346ec313a8ca"}612661

Erin, your post fu is weak.
{"name":"rDkpCn7.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/b\/fb67ea3ff7c53880d00b8f9660199095.gif","w":320,"h":392,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/b\/fb67ea3ff7c53880d00b8f9660199095"}rDkpCn7.gif

Go to: