Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I kind of like how the autotune actually makes "faking it" stand out even more. :) Unless you intentionally made it sound bad, but I think that was just my terrible singing. :P

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ We have reached post 5000!!! HORRAY!!!! \o/ πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆ

I was hoping to do it in post 5000, but it has been taken by @bamccaig... :'(

Now it's 5001.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"channelate-com-honey-iintend-to-finish-in-exactly-two-thrusts-its-50796015.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/e\/1efed98e4b8c1d2751fe31041b377ecc.png","w":500,"h":419,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/e\/1efed98e4b8c1d2751fe31041b377ecc"}channelate-com-honey-iintend-to-finish-in-exactly-two-thrusts-its-50796015.png

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Thank you for that lovely illustration of Date Night Bams

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"13.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f51849c1696373f87f9b5c570acd29d0.png","w":512,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f51849c1696373f87f9b5c570acd29d0"}13.png

Sorry for the confusion. I'm married.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bambam, you know men don't suffer from premature ejaculation, only women right? Also I would have posted this in the appropriate thread, but it was locked. Too soon. Have you seen this?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

You know, after you read someone's replies here for a few years, you begin to develop a voice for them. I've done that without even realizing it for several of you, but I gotta say, bambam, the voice I imagined for you was waaaaayy off! That being said, you have a nice voice. Definitely more energetic than I imagined. :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bob Keane said:

Bambam, you know men don't suffer from premature ejaculation, only women right?

I'm not sure anybody really "suffers" from premature ejaculation. It's a victimless crime.

It hasn't been something that I have very much experience with personally. But when I started on my antidepressants (and still to some extent today) I apparently developed the opposite problem: delayed ejaculation. :P Turns out I can go all night long, but nobody is very enthusiastic about it. :-/

It's a little bit alarming because I've never had any kind of issues before, and I think there's a risk that it could be permanent. There wasn't much choice though.

Bob Keane said:

Also I would have posted this in the appropriate thread, but it was locked. Too soon. Have you seen this?

I had not heard about a lawsuit yet. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a waste of everybody's time to me though.

In order for the Netflix film to be considered illegal material, it must be proven to have β€œno serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value” and β€œthe prurient interest in sex,” per the lawsuit.

Not only does the law itself sound overly vague, but if this paragraph is accurate that it must be proven to have no "literary, artistic, political, or scientific value" then I think the lawsuit is going to fail miserably as I don't think there's question that the film has value in one or more such areas.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bamccaig said:

But when I started on my antidepressants (and still to some extent today) I apparently developed the opposite problem: delayed ejaculation.

A friend went on Prozac when it first came out. He was told the prescription could cause spontaneous erections. Perhaps you found the next ED medication. Am I the only one who is having problems with Allegro? The last few days I had a longer than usual wait after entering my password, posting seems to be slow and I had a timeout/crash earlier, with a message cookies had to be either enabled or disabled.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Bob Keane said:

Am I the only one who is having problems with Allegro? The last few days I had a longer than usual wait after entering my password

I just waited about two minutes just to get to the site to login, then when I logged in I played a couple of clickgames on my desktop for something to do while I waited. I was thinking it might have something to do with this computer I'm currently using, the last one died in a thunderstorm about three months ago and currently using an Apple computer with Linux installed that sometimes takes up to 5 seconds to open a 500 byte text file and lags up to 3 seconds when trying to key in text. It's like using a 286 with Windows all over again.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Arthur said:

currently using an Apple computer

I'll make the obvious Apple observation later. Is there any way to check the server?

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The site has been very slow for me for the last week or so as well.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

:o

{"name":"612628","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/d\/7ddc3ade213245ab19a95a873e88cdfa.png","w":1282,"h":752,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/d\/7ddc3ade213245ab19a95a873e88cdfa"}612628

I wonder what would happen if those life support vats broke...

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Erin Maus said:

I wonder what would happen if those life support vats broke...

Let's find out!

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@Erin Maus :

They yell "SURPRISEEE!!!!" and then there would be a party. ;D

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Okay, Yoda.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I heard this song on the radio the other day (Bebe Rexha - Baby, I'm Jealous (ft. Doja Cat)) and instantly heard What's The Difference by Dre. So I made a mashup.

video

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bob, the site is no longer hosted in Matthew's bedroom. Now it's hosted in the cloud on a minimal plan. It seems that the site occasionally gets put to "sleep" when it's inactive. The site seems to need to warm up when somebody finally makes a request, which can take a couple of minutes.

Nice work, jmasterx. :D

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Cool. I thought it the gubmint was slowing down the site because foreign government agents like you were using the it to spread disinformation.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The POTUS is spreading disinformation. No need for foreign government agents. The president is a double agent.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Leftists sure love their inane conspiracy theories. Whoever manages the site may need to check things like whether the application pool is allowed to stop when idle for too long. In my experience that's why web applications will take minutes to come back online after they haven't been loaded in a while.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Raynebc said:

Leftists sure love their inane conspiracy theories.

Unlike the right who get their reliable information from Qanon. And I suppose the termination of a Citibank employee who may have ran the site was the "left's" plot to supress the truth? Or did you mean "lefties" like myself. I am left primary ambidextrous btw.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

There are some loonies on the right, but the problem is that politicians and media have mainstreamed the left's style of craziness and that has allowed it to dwarf the nutty right wingers. Don't forget that the Russia collusion hoax is one of the biggest debunked conspiracy theories in all of our lifetimes, and the instigators will be brought to justice if we're lucky.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

If you say so. In about a month's time Trump is going to lose the election, and all hell is going to break loose. Right-leaning poorly educated working class men are going to take the guns that they shouldn't even be able to possess and they're going to start a civil war with whoever resists, while Trump hides in his bunker. I imagine Trump will eventually kill himself rather than facing the consequences for his actions. And all that will be left is a broken America full of stupid people. So not much changed really. Hopefully it'll increase the average intelligence of America when the dust clears at least.

Of course, that doesn't factor in the Russians. It's likely that while Trump is hiding he'll be expecting support from Putin. Though I think it's quite likely that once he stops being useful to Putin he's going to probably not last long anyway. The question will be when Trump refuses to leave the white house will the forces obey Biden or will there be traitors within the ranks.

It's all rather terrifying if you think about it. This is not a good time for American history. This is embarrassing. Has been for 4 years. And it might still get worse.

Go to: