This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Achoo!

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Damn you Christian supremacists, bam! Keep your religion out of my bodily functions!

;)

Also, showing how much NY liberals HATE Christians, now Mike Pence has literally been called a "christian supremecist." Because you know, the implication is white supremacist but he's never shown any racist comments so we'll just change the word until our enemies DO apply.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/23/mike-pence-book-calls-vice-president-christian-supremacist/1062696002/

Kind of like "punch a Nazi" but then they blur the meaning of "nazi" until it means "Anyone we hate."

p.s. And I don't even necessarily like Pence. I just dislike disingenuous reporting.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Keep your religion out of my bodily functions!

This calls for a song!

video

(Not in context, just vaguely related and fun!)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Haha trying to reply to this thread on my phone thrashed google chrome. Made it twitch and convulse like a fish out of water. Can you believe that when you reply to a thread it loads the ENTIRE THREAD beneath in the thread review box?

I have nothing useful to add. Don't mind the heathens, they were born that way. ;)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD?!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD?!

As Matthew Leverton said in the famous movie based on this thread...

Quote:

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same.

- Matthew Leverton

:o

I was contracted by a department (the Funeral Services Department) at my school to make a website for them and I finished it Friday. It was my first time making a website from scratch! Deploying it was a total bitch. But now I have to wait on them to contact the web department or MIS (the IT department) to get a subdomain so I can add SSL and Recaptcha support and finish the deploy, then transfer ownership of the server from Amazon.

So that was a pretty cool experience! They even mentioned it during Fall convocation (which is just instructors/staff only because it's a small school).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Don't forget to add a backdoor before you transfer ownership! ;)

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I'm not Zuckerberg! :(

Speaking of Matthew Leverton how can I contact him? I'm aware PM doesn't work so well. I want to change my name on the forums but there's a typo in the username I made so many years ago (hence why I use my real name). I should've been smart like Bruce Perry and used a pseudonym.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Speaking of Matthew Leverton how can I contact him? I'm aware PM doesn't work so well. I want to change my name on the forums

I'm in the same boat. I messaged him more than a month ago about changing my name, but he never saw it. I recently messaged him again telling him to forget my last message. :P

You can try email, but he never replied to my email. I have proof he reads PMs though.

If a message still appears in your outbox, the recipient has yet to read it... I think.

Quote:

Haha, no one will ever guess my Real NameTM is Edgar Reynaldo

*Edgar Ravioli

Also: is your profile picture of the girl from Sucker Punch?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Changing your name is generally not allowed without good reason. Being that his life is somewhat busy, it's likely when a.cc "business" comes up his brain quickly defaults and he simply ignores your request rather than replying back that it's not allowed. If you've had this same name for a long time there's a good chance he'll just deny your request anyway. You can always try again at the risk of angering him with your spam.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I bet he'd do it for a Scooby Snack.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Captain Blob said:

Scooby Snack

EDIT
Use the source, Luke.

{"name":"giphy.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/4\/844c22d8834642368dd34337ffce4543.gif","w":364,"h":270,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/4\/844c22d8834642368dd34337ffce4543"}giphy.gif

PHaIL
GIPHY won't give you a gif anymore now all they let you have is a webp.

this thread is killing my phone it's a new g6 I like my old Motorola Droid turbo 2 better.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

There's a legit reason I'd like my name changed on here, and it's probably obvious to Matthew why when I sent the request, but of course it's up to him.

---
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

There's a legit reason I'd like my name changed on here, and it's probably obvious to Matthew why when I sent the request, but of course it's up to him.

Does... does it involve pronouns?

-----sig:

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Does... does it involve pronouns?

Let's see, my pronouns are he/him/his, so you figure it out. ::)

tbh I prefer they/them/their but no one here is gonna respect that probably

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

*Edgar Ravioli said:

b77688ea00e324b8c3e190cb298eab54b7056a71.jpg

Also: is your profile picture of the girl from Sucker Punch?

Yeah, that's Baby Doll ;)

NemoNameless Sucker Punch Prints.

{"name":"babydollasleepdreaming_suckerpunch_jpeg80_by_nemonameless-d5jle53.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/e\/5e384b55dd5f078f99c8ca13aee2d6f8.jpg","w":800,"h":578,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/e\/5e384b55dd5f078f99c8ca13aee2d6f8"}babydollasleepdreaming_suckerpunch_jpeg80_by_nemonameless-d5jle53.jpg

{"name":"babydolladmittedlennoxhouse_suckerpunch_jpeg80_by_nemonameless-d5jle59.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/4\/64e3f42a68b7baf4144e5bd55970e25c.jpg","w":800,"h":578,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/4\/64e3f42a68b7baf4144e5bd55970e25c"}babydolladmittedlennoxhouse_suckerpunch_jpeg80_by_nemonameless-d5jle59.jpg

{"name":"suckerpunchcontactsheet_by_nemonameless-d60jgtc.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/7\/b7cf577dda03d1eb03a4109053c62f7b.jpg","w":1280,"h":1414,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/7\/b7cf577dda03d1eb03a4109053c62f7b"}suckerpunchcontactsheet_by_nemonameless-d60jgtc.jpgContact Sheet

EDIT
Also, https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/615770/1039050#target

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Hmmm... name change you say? Good idea, nobody will ever recognize me now! :P

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The problem is my login username has a typo I made when I registered it, and it was too late when I noticed. :'(

---
they / she

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

tbh I prefer they/them/their but no one here is gonna respect that probably

Unless we're missing something, you're one person instead of multiple people.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

raynebc said:

Unless we're missing something, you're one person instead of multiple people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Fuck you. If you want to troll me don't try and be pedantic and be wrong, thanks.

One small reason I want my name changed is so I'm not associated with people like you.

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Tt
They is traditionally associated with multiple persons but it can be used to convey the meaning of a singular person as well. Ask Aaron they know what they're talking about. See there it's pretty awkward though, so I'd say ixnay on the whole thing.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I knew Aaron would blow a gasket. I have no respect for that hateful person.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think singular they is only appropriate when you don't know the gender, or the gender is a variable (referring to an undetermined individual). And typically we're referring to the physical machine, not to their operating system, because we exist in a physical world. Our brains cannot interact with one another directly. We must interact through our physical form.

I just have more important things to do with my limited chemical thought cycles than to create a 7 billion record hash map of pronouns to people.

If I see a Macbook running Linux I'm probably still going to call it a Mac. If I see a Dell running OS X I'm probably still going to call it a PC.

If transgenders want for the majority of people to accept them as they are then expecting everybody else to do a lot of extra work on their behalf is the wrong way to go about it. You should instead make it easier on other people. You should be yourselves understanding and tolerant. If a person looks male then we're all going to assume they are male. That's not malice. That's just nature.

And identifying gender matters for real world encounters. It heavily influences everything about a person. For starters, their physical frame, size, strength, speed, and their emotional stability. There are no guarantees, but when we lack knowledge about the world around us we must do the best with what information we do have. Which means making assumptions about everything around us.

I do not care, nor should I care, about somebody getting offended about that. In fact, I find the very thought of it offensive.

Go to: