Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

bamccaig said:

It seems that my lack of focus isn't going away. And it's most likely tied to my cannabis use.

Cannabis definitely can do that, but so too can anxiety and depression if they're not treated correctly.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Edgar Reynaldo: I don't care if you like me. I care about those kids. Which is what everyone who voted for Biden magically forgot the second he got in office.

There is zero possible excuse for holding 20,000 children in pop tart blankets. Period. Ever. It's not a crisis, it's a goddamn emergency.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I wonder how much people forgetting about the kids might be because it seems like when Trump was in office, there was a new thing to be mad about every damn week. Would not surprise me if people here (USA) just learned to tune out politics as a result of Trump hogged the news feed, and haven't learn to listen for major stuff like they did pre-Trump.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Maybe Biden needs to visit the sites wearing a "I don't really care" shirt. Then the Repubs would love him.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Okay Katko, you're President now. What are YOU gonna do about it?

Biden inherited a broken system from Trump who completely ignored it for all four years except for his Build the Wall promise. In the last two years, immigrant numbers have surged, including unaccompanied minors. Take a broken system that wasn't working to begin with, add in a whole bunch more immigrants, and you have what Biden inherited when he began his presidency.

If it was up to me I'd send in the National Guard to build housing (humanitarian housing thank you) for the massive numbers of immigrants until we can sort them all out.

And by the way, according to reports, 40% of unaccompanied minors have no relatives who could take them in in the US. What do we do with them? Send them back? No, we'd have to setup foster programs to get them placed with guardians. That requires oversight. We can't release them into the desert to be preyed upon by child traffickers, sex traffickers, and worse.

Stop making me the enemy when you know nothing about where I stand.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

My first job as president would be 1) treat them like human beings. 2) publicly address it and call it a national emergency. 3) actually visit the border 4) build extra housing on day 1

But they're just dirt people to Biden, so instead he's going to, literally say this today :
>"Gun violence in this country is an epidemic, and it's an international embarrassment," Mr. Biden said in his remarks announcing the actions. He called high rates of gun violence a "blemish on the character of our nation."

GUNS are an epidemic and national embarrassment, but 20,000 children getting molested in plastic cages isn't.

Anyone who isn't furious about this, isn't a Democrat. Period. Full stop. You cannot claim to care about the disenfranchised and not demand immediate action for literal child refuges being molested on our watch.

Meanwhile, "Democrat" Biden, is considering building the wall. That's right. remember the unethical, evil, "abolish ice" wall? Now he's talking about expanding it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-restart-border-wall-construction-trump-pledge-gaps-2021-4

So tell me, right now. What number of children, in cages, being molested, under Biden's watch, will actually get you outraged? Give me a specific number where it's actually a national embarrassment?

21,000?

30,000?

If there's 100,000 kids getting molested in pop-tart bags, will you be as outraged as I am?

Or is there simply no number that matters at all?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm going on medical leave for a month. My employer says I am not covered through them, but they are reactivating my benefits, and are being supportive... That means that I'll need to apply to employment insurance and see what is available for me there to help us afford our bills while I try to get a grip. And whatever is left my parents will help with temporarily.

This makes me feel pretty guilty. I do think that I need it, but part of me worries that I caused it with the cannabis (but I kicked alcohol in the process so it's not exactly black and white). I feel like I'm not necessarily unable to work. I may just need to change job types, and need an employer that would be able to cater to my needs. Or perhaps acquire the skills needed to monetize art or something else creative and become my own boss... Perhaps YouTube or Twitch or some other content creation. Or perhaps I can figure out a free software project to support me... I really think that my wife and I should look into starting our own small business. I'm having trouble convincing her of that though.

In the meantime, I go from being barely functional to being great now. For example, tonight high as fuck I effortlessly cut mushrooms precisely over the pan right next to my fingers without cutting myself and with relative ease. I know some people that struggle to do that sort of thing sober on a cutting board. :P

Oh, right, my doctor prescribed me an anti-anxiety medication so that I could quit smoking cannabis, and on one of the first days on it I crashed my motorcycle. :P First time truly crashing on the street. It was relatively low speed and single vehicle so thankfully I'm in great shape and my bike isn't too bad. I can't really remember what caused me to be so distracted, but the very first corner that I took after leaving my driveway I for some reason concluded that I couldn't make, and just let myself go loose and off the road. :P I think that I was overwhelmed with anxiety at the time, but also I wonder if I was experiencing any "do not operate" effects from the meds (which are a narcotic and addictive and so far I greatly prefer cannabis).

I ordered approximately CAD$160 worth of "OEM" parts to fix what needs to be fixed (rather than letting it become forgotten like so many that came before it). Thankfully I never did get around to replacing the plastics because they just got worse. I priced it to think about fixing it, but it's way too expensive and generally I don't care anyway. Maybe it'll help to avoid theft. :P It tells part of my story and the bike's story. Especially because of financial pressures I'm only going to do what I think is necessary. For now, a new turn signal arm, a new rear brake pedal, and a new oil cap because I broke the other one being a derp trying to fix the pedal.

{"name":"612927","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/d\/9d4c5afaab90810b0f2845a902f197b9.jpg","w":4032,"h":3024,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/d\/9d4c5afaab90810b0f2845a902f197b9"}612927

Alarmingly the bike now intermittently shows a check engine light, but otherwise seems to be mechanically fine. I'll have to wait and see when it's in the budget to get that diagnosed... I tried to stop by the dealer's small engine garage hoping to just get it plugged in and get a quick answer, but of course they told me to book an appointment instead. And that would cost money. And at the time when I went back to my bike the light went off so I thought maybe it was a glitch. I still need to search for this existing issue within riders of this make/model. I know I'm not the first to crash so perhaps I'll get some good guesses from that.

As for the children, THINK OF THE CHILDREN, 20000 or even 100000 are a drop in the bucket. Go ahead and Google tragic global stats about children. I'll wait. :P When we start caring about all of the other children is when we might get to these new 20000.

Who gives a fuck who is a Democrat or not? It's not a reality show popularity contest. I'm upset about far more than just the abuse of migrant children in the US. Our society is a shit hole, and we should be ashamed because we could be doing so much better. Don't even get me started on this. It seems to upset my depression. :P

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

video

Gonna add music later. 8-)

Steam launch in 2-3 months idk.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

NO CLOSE THREAD!!!!

btw, a gameplay of a nice game:

video

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The court order for my name change was granted. 8-)

Time to update all my legal documents. :'(

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Erin Maus said:

The court order for my name change was granted.

You know you don't need courts permission to change your name, don't you? Women changing their name when they get married don't bother with it.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

That's not true in NC, at least.

I don't want to see my deadname anymore. I'mma nuke all those old documents ASAP.

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

In other news, since there are not suitable mates for me in the area, I've decided to make a woman.

{"name":"x3x2b1uqmva31.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c073668b7d3b33f9156e758949a3385a.jpg","w":1280,"h":738,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/0\/c073668b7d3b33f9156e758949a3385a"}x3x2b1uqmva31.jpg

:-*

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

{"name":"MV5BMTk3MDc1NjM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1MDQ4Nw@@._V1_UY1200_CR103,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b6571705252593629f09acd8d5a604b2.jpg","w":630,"h":1200,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b6571705252593629f09acd8d5a604b2"}MV5BMTk3MDc1NjM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1MDQ4Nw@@._V1_UY1200_CR103,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

What would you little maniacs like to do first?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.

8-)

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

In the next two months, I'll have a 5 year old and a 10 year old. And in a few months, this thread will celebrate it's 6th birthday.

Time is weird.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

If you can father a 5 year old and a 10 year old in 2 months, then time is indeed weird. :o

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Hi friendly faces!

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Getting really close to fully polished demo.

{"name":"612944","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/a\/5a682586cc4bd31463cbf7f83885cd17.png","w":1026,"h":1053,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/a\/5a682586cc4bd31463cbf7f83885cd17"}612944

If you type 'attack helicopter', the game will force quit. ;D

---
they / she

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Erin Maus said:

If you type 'attack helicopter', the game will force quit.

Why?

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Because he can't take a joke apparently. ::)

Imagine if I was so petty I put hooks into my game for anyone who made short jokes because I got bullied when I was teen.

But hey, at least you can put "dancing kids in cages" and it'll work without him getting mad.

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Ah. When I googled attack helicopter I just got links to helicopters. I added joke to the search and know I understand.

I don't see what's wrong with making people think through their choices of funny. As for your last comment, we can't be the champion of every cause. Stick to one or two and give them proper attention and let other people take on the rest.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I was making a joke, but sure, that gives you the right to misgender me.

I forgot only Nazis were allowed to make jokes on this forum.

---
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

If we all have to appeal to your sensitivities then why shouldn't you and everyone else have to appeal to mine?

Month of leave is coming to an end. Should be meeting with my doctor tomorrow for updates and perhaps to extend the leave. If he'll let me I'm going to request another month.

My wife overreacted to some text messages trying to express my depression and strong desire for suicide. I thought it was clear at the end that I was back to my senses and going to sleep it off, but perhaps she didn't read to the end.

She called the local area hospital crisis hotline for advice, and of course from her description they instructed her to either rush me to the hospital or call the police. She decided to call my parents. My dad was already in town so they called him. And he took it upon himself to rush me to the ER. He doesn't really comprehend what depression or anxiety are though so he wasn't much company. And he has selective hearing so now he's convinced that cannabis is worse for you than alcohol again. ::)

Eventually they called in an on-call psychiatrist to see me, who made some medication change recommendations for my doctor, before sending me home because I was clearly not a risk to myself at the moment. I had after all just been awoken from an afternoon nap to go for this trip. The temp psychiatrist didn't seem to reject my autism diagnosis, though she certainly seemed to dismiss it. Eventually she asked me if I thought that getting an autism diagnosis would "fix me". I said no, not because I don't want a real assessment, but only because I don't believe that my depression will go away with an answer either way.

It would certainly help if people were made to acknowledge and understanding my condition, if there really is a condition to identify, but I've already gone 34 without any dignity so I'm not about to hold my breath. I'll be long in the ground before my words have any meaning.

The medication changes also [again] expect me to quit smoking cannabis. I was already supposed to do that, but I have been concluding that smoking cannabis is better than killing myself. Anyway, I'm growing tired of everybody's bullshit. I'm just sick. So I'm going to go ahead and try to follow the doctor's orders. If my doctor agrees no cannabis then I'll quit, and if I can't take it then so be it. There isn't anything medically to do for me.

Go to: