Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

the report hasn't been released yet

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The main piece of information known so far about the Mueller report is that there are probably no relevant indictments incoming. That should pretty much hammer the final nail in the collusion conspiracy theory.

Back on the topic of nuclear:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/03/us-nuclear-is-dying-but-it-produced-more-electricity-in-2018-than-ever-before/
It hadn't even occurred to me that existing plants have been producing below capacity. The comments thread for that article also has some interesting insights.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Even CNN has stated "Trump is vindicated". This has been a lengthy investigation that was searching for a crime, it's absolutely ridiculous and just a leftist witch hunt.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

You can't indict the president.

also "leftist whitchunt" - how many indictments and charges did the Republicans get with the Benghazi/email investigations? Oh right nada.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"611960","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/2\/02869b6d463b097c6d357f5024580a97.jpg","w":344,"h":500,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/2\/02869b6d463b097c6d357f5024580a97"}611960

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

And the DNC will move the goalposts when the report has no impeachment-worthy material. They have to cater to the crazy never-Trumpers in their base after all.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Very interesting 6 min video from a Princeton professor on climate change...

video

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Happer said that the "demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler."

yikes!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Gotta love this guy...

video

Fox was right, the rest of the news media were wrong and proven fake news...

video

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

When someone using the term "fake news" unironically and isn't referring to the Onion...

---
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The MSM will obviously not hold itself accountable, but the deep state and political actors involved should have to pay for any criminal and ethics violations they committed.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This was an interesting announcement! The United States will return to the moon within the next 5 years, with a manned orbital mission by next year.

video

And this is what the new Lunar command module will look like, it won't be stationary, it will be able to drive around this time, impressive!

video

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I haven't stopped laughing for at least 24 hours after Lord God Mueller, Patron Saint of "thoroughness and integrity" didn't give the Democrats the results they wanted so within hours of this guy they trusted to condemn Trump, they're now going "Hey... hey... let me check your numbers to see if you missed anything."

He was voted Time's 2018's 2nd place PERSON OF THE YEAR for f!@$! sakes!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/12/11/18134803/time-2018-person-of-the-year-runner-up-robert-mueller

We go from that... to Rachel Maddow literally CRYING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.

Imagine being so out of touch with reality, that you cry on TV... because you found out your President isn't a traitor.

video

I'm NOT a Republican. This is, objectively, F'ing hilarious.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Her reaction sums up the leftmedia response, although most of them are better at hiding their disappointment if not their naked partisanship.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Only a blithering idiot would hope that the leader of their nation fail. It's like hoping the pilot of the plane you are on crashes.

I seen this image today and burst out laughing! ;D
{"name":"611965","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/7\/07f21c64a2574e582e4a8e7e36b05b53.jpg","w":526,"h":375,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/7\/07f21c64a2574e582e4a8e7e36b05b53"}611965

---

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

\  (oo)_______
            (__)\       )/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Give me something easier to digest

Huh?! They eat grass. They have multiple stomachs designed to digest it perfectly. How about people stop listening to uneducated politicians who think farting animals are harmful to the planet?

---

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

One of the first articles I immediately pulled up on the matter (https://phys.org/news/2019-01-scientists-breathalyze-cows-methane-emissions.html) says cows that eat corn produce much less methane, almost all of which is emitted by cows via burps instead of farts. There's probably a good case to make that if cow emissions are really such a big deal, there's better environmental benefits of diverting corn away from ethanol production back to being used as human and cattle food.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

NiteHackr said:

Huh?! They eat grass. They have multiple stomachs designed to digest it perfectly. How about people stop listening to uneducated politicians who think farting animals are harmful to the planet?

https://19january2017snapshot.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-04/documents/us-ghg-inventory-2016-chapter-5-agriculture.pdf

How about you listen to the EPA?

Since my thread is locked (:D) I added a video tutorial to the beginning of the game:

{"name":"WQUtyIn.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee2e104292629983f352d65100f941a5.gif","w":856,"h":697,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/e\/ee2e104292629983f352d65100f941a5"}WQUtyIn.gif

You start on a ship boarded by pirates. Once you kill them Cthulhu comes out of the water and sinks your ship. You then wake up on Isabelle Island and continue like normal. I feel it gives the game a better, more cinematic introduction.

---
they / she

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

As always, your work is amazing. I salute you.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

NiteHackr said:

Huh?! They eat grass.

I have never been a farmer. My father has, though. I can remember being laughed at and corrected for insisting that farmers fed their cows “grass.” Had I your persistence, I would have gotten the switch.

I agree wholeheartedly that politicians are largely uneducated in matters of actual importance to mankind, but that doesn't mean we should imitate them.

Go to: