Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Android and al_append_native_text_log

Credits go to Thomas Fjellstrom for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Android and al_append_native_text_log
beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

AFAICS al_append_native_text_log() doen't do anything really on android. Is that correct? This means that all example applications that use a native log window for display (e.g., ex_dir) don't work on android. Is any support planned, like there seems to be for ios?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It looks like it only has a osx, ios, gtx and win32 implementations.

on android ex_dir does not use the native text log. It just calls vprintf, which is generally ignored on android (but you can tell adb to output stdout and stderr to the adb log). I bet it wouldn't be hard to make it call the android logger to get output to go to 'adb log'. Just needs to detect android, and call __android_log_print instead of printf.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Ok, I'll make an issue on github then, but my interest is only cursory, so I'll leave the implementation up to someone else... Hint, hint ;-)

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

A bit off topic but if anyone has precompiled dependencies for Android or scripts to build them, I would really appreciate having them. Thanks

Go to: