Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Is there any official Allegro Facebook page or group, or Twitter account?

Credits go to GullRaDriel for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Is there any official Allegro Facebook page or group, or Twitter account?
anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

Hello all.
I've search the answer on this forum but can't find anything.
Thank you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

You are on the official unofficial forums.
You can probably join most of the actives users here or on (irc) freenode, #allegro.

The official page; AFAIK: http://alleg.sourceforge.net/

But no Facebook, no twitter account.

Some years ago we shared Facebook's accounts names. I still have some in my allegro list.

Anyway, welcome, and good luck !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

I'm not that new actually (joined February 2003)
...but i was wondering about the best way to reach Allegro community with modern tools...

I didn't know about the irc channel.

Thank you!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

The irc channel is the way to go. Don't forget that most of the users here have at least -6 hours of time difference from France.

anto80
Member #3,230
February 2003

Thanks again!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Pas de problèmes, ça fait plaisir de voir un autre Français parler ici ^^

EDIT: BTW your depot entry is missing the Dll's which make it unplayable for those who don't even know what a dll is. That aside, a nice entry for a 45 hours compo.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

What's a twitter?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It's like Twatter, except instead of twatting people, you twat twits.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Some years ago we shared Facebook's accounts names. I still have some in my allegro list.

You should start an Allegro group. I would but you need to have names to add to the group right away and I have no Allegro members on my friends list. But if you do, create a group, name it "Allegro Programmers" (Allegro is taken) and add some names to get it started, perhaps make it public and post the link to the group here as I am on Crackbook... erm... Facebook all the time. :)

I'll have to check out that IRC. Man, it's been like... 10 years since I last chatted on IRC, what software do you use to connect to IRC on Windows 7 these days? I used to use MIRC back in the day. Would love to get back into it again.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

During the last speed hack, I saw someone using some web front end, so they basically had a tab in their browser.

I used Chatzilla, which is an add-on for Firefox. Didn't like it too much actually.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I actually like Chatzilla a lot, it was one of the main reasons I never switched to Chrome ;D

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Neil Roy said:

I'll have to check out that IRC. Man, it's been like... 10 years since I last chatted on IRC, what software do you use to connect to IRC on Windows 7 these days? I used to use MIRC back in the day. Would love to get back into it again.

Use HexChat (unless someone knows better). I tried mIRC yesterday and it wants you to register/buy it.

I'm not really sure what the allure of IRC is these days though. A bunch of anon people talking about everyday stuff. It feels less personal than, say, ICQ, where's it's one-on-one.

Man I miss those days of being a kid and looking into a 60 Hz CRT and realizing you're talking to people all over the world. It was so magical. Like a BBS but in real-time.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I did what Neil said with the list I had.
Elias pointed an already old existing group ^^

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I used to use ICQ (my number was 6 digits long for it), but kept getting spammed so dropped it. I'm honestly surprised anyone uses it still.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Go to: