Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Problem with linker

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Problem with linker
bhq009
Member #15,812
November 2014

Hello, I have problem with setting up Allegro on my computer. I am using Code::Blocks and this is error that appears:

mingw32-g++.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-static-libstdc++'

My linker options are:
-static-libgcc
-static-libstdc++

What could I do wrong? I did everything like shown in the tutorial:
https://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Windows,_Code::Blocks_and_Allegro_5

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

@Edgar:
That wiki page shows those options with only one dash (in a code box no less), someone with edit privileges should edit the page to fix that. ;)

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

I fixed it. :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Bruce, if you have an allegro.cc account, you have edit access to the wiki.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bhq009
Member #15,812
November 2014

Well, now I have two errors:

mingw32-g++.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '--static-libstdc++'
mingw32-g++.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '--static-libgcc'

I'm using MinGW compiler that was added to Code::Blocks, I haven't downloaded it separately. Can this be the problem?

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

Bruce, if you have an allegro.cc account, you have edit access to the wiki.

Thanks, didn't realize. I originally suspected that might be the case, but the wiki didn't log me in automatically so then I figured maybe I was wrong. Just clicked the login button though and it signed me in automatically. :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

the wiki didn't log me in automatically so then I figured maybe I was wrong. Just clicked the login button though and it signed me in automatically.

Yeah, it doesn't query allegro.cc every page view to see if a user is a member or not. Just when you click the login link. After that, it remembers you're logged in till the cookie goes away (or the server side session entry is somehow lost).

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bhq009
Member #15,812
November 2014

I have downloaded MinGW 4.8 and now it works! It seems that compiler added to Code::Blocks was outdated. I think. Thank You for your help.

Go to: