Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Return of Dr. Destructo 1.0 FINAL

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Return of Dr. Destructo 1.0 FINAL
Max Savenkov
Member #4,613
May 2004

I'm glad to announce today the final release of "Return of Dr. Destructo". The recent beta went fairly well, and I only had to fix one or two issues. Much more time was spent on setting up various packages, but right now, it should be very easy to install my game on most Windows, Linux and MacOS X systems.

Downloads and screenshots are available at the new official site. Some link are duplicated below, for your convenience.

Also, Return of Dr. Destructo now has a trailer!

video

Download Return of Dr. Destructo 1.0 final version:

Windows (installer) (portable version available on site)
Linux 32-bit (zip) (RPM and DEB available on site)
Linux 64-bit (zip) (RPM and DEB available on site)
MacOS X 10.9+ (dmg) (portable version available on site)

Changes since 1.0rc1:
* Removed Rapid Fire option: you can now either hold fire button, or tap it rapidly
* Added level completion indicator
* Fixed bad text placement in some cases
* Fixed image corruption in briefing
* Fixed a rare problem when multiple lives could be lost at once (a 1.0b2 regression)
* Fixed level selection: clicking on the left side of button with mouse wasn't selecting previous level

Also, licensing was clarified. The game's code (which will be available a little later on) is licensed under MIT license, and art is CC-BY-SA.

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Congratulations!!! I'll try to install it on my laptop later. Hope many will play it! :)

Max Savenkov
Member #4,613
May 2004

Along with an (already successful) attempt to finish a project, I consider this to be my experiment with marketing/PR, or "spreading the word", so I'll try to get people to play it :) Today, I've done what amounts to a "soft launch" - I only mentioned the game on a few forums, where mostly game developers gather, so I don't expect a lot of players, but maybe a few bug reports. Later, I plan to add my game to IndieDB and some other sites, as well as listing it as a remake on original game's page at Wolrd Of Spectrum (so fans of original can find it easily).

UPDATE: Source code for the game is released on GitHub: https://github.com/MaxSavenkov/drdestructo2. If someone could test that it is possible to download and compile the game from sources, that would be great (but see Readme.md - the game needs custom-built Allegro with Joystick GUID patch).

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

I installed and enjoyed this game.

Post it here for more feedback:

http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Max Savenkov
Member #4,613
May 2004

I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for the link. I already added the game to IndieDB and GameJolt and some other places, but I'm always looking for a new venue to promote it and get feedback!

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Eh, looks like they made some changes to the forum over at freegamedev. I also got caught unaware. :P

Go to: