Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Police officier shoot a black guy, one more time.

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Police officier shoot a black guy, one more time.
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I've learned a lot, but mostly I've learned that both the general public and the doctors who provide treatments are not very well informed.

I agree so very much.

Worst part is the immediate solution is medicate! I went to a state-funded program a week ago and they tried a different medication. Few days after taking it I had constant nightmares (including the worst one I've ever had in my life) and my thoughts did not go away. Appointment is in a few weeks (it's state-funded, remember), so I just had to stop taking the new one (not like the 'old' one does anything for me anymore, so it seems).

Also my sleeping pattern is bizarre because of the medication. I sleep 12 hours and am tired throughout the day (sometimes I have spells of extreme tiredness), and I can't fall asleep easily (takes 2 hours or more to fall asleep*). My dreams are more like 'sleep-thoughts' as well**. At least I don't have issues with spontaneous muscle movements.

*: My computer is set to go into sleep mode two hours after no activity. Right before it does, the fan spins up to max for a few seconds. I listen to that every night.

**: Best way I can explain is that I'm trying to solve programming problems, or thinking about a literary piece I read, or worrying about finances. I once drifted awake thinking hard on why a C++ template didn't compile. Heck, say I make a post on a forum or apply at a job--that night I'll have dreams about responses and interviews related to that exact post/application all night long! Sleep brings no comfort. None at all***.

***: I am also reminded that I sometimes have episodes where I remember a dream... then another... then another... and it just overwhelms me for a good minute or two, where all I do is recollect dreams. Some periods of my life, I remember more of the dreams I had than what I did while I was awake. This is all weird.

I don't know how normal all this is (about sleeping). I've never brought it up with anyone, actually. I've just learnt not to trust anything I think :(.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

I was poorer than any of the black kids at school because they get a special welfare bonus that other people cannot get, I found out that one of my friends lied and said he had aboriginal background when he didn't, just to get the free extra money, because supposedly the government don't check it very much.

Anyway my parents were poor but refused to get welfare so I was living in greater poverty than unemployed people.

I was hungry aall the time and never could get enough meat. I stole from stores sometimes but did not mug people, not due to cowardice but due to not seeing it as something that I should do. Some of my friends and I planned to rob a jewellery store but we never did that either.

Then I saw some "other" people wearing shiny mylar wutang jackets that cost $400 mug people, not me as I had a huge knife in my pocket to kill with and people could probably tell to stay away. But I heard they stole one of my freinds mp3 player, I told him he was a faggot and should have deoderant can + cig ligheter burned their faces. But that is reality so I don't know what you're talking about, it is NOT poverty at all that is bullsh1t do not lie.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

The blog got their information the same place all of the other articles on the internet must have gotten them, from police statements. Like the ones in this article:
http://www.kvoa.com/story/28802041/marana-pd-releases-dash-video-of-ending-of-february-crosstown-crime-spree

The article says the police confirmed Valencia had the stolen rifle on him. With as much talk about mental disease as is going on in this thread, I don't see that it's found to be relevant in this particular incident of police use of force. Nobody seems to have even hinted the apprehended is the least bit looney, except for challenging police with a weapon. Regarding the alleged crimes, the courts will find whether he is guilty of them or not. But they would have been more than I consider to be necessary for having to use force to take him down. Doing so before he reached a bottling plant full of civilians was a wise decision, regardless of how the police felt it had to be done. Starting a firefight would probably have had a better chance at multiple casualties than just ramming him with a car.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

raynebc said:

Nobody seems to have even hinted the apprehended is the least bit looney, except for challenging police with a weapon.

Walking down the street shooting off a weapon is a clear sign he isn't quite right in the head.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Maybe angry or violent enough to kill people, but not necessarily insane. It doesn't take craziness to turn to crime, it takes some kind of motivation. Somebody that dangerous should be contained either way.

1   2   3 

Go to: