Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Is there detailed guide for developing under Android/IOS?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Is there detailed guide for developing under Android/IOS?
TeachMeHowToPro
Member #15,892
February 2015

Hello. I have been making small but fun games using allegro since 6 months. I have an IPod touch 4G with ios 6 ( Does allegro support it? ) And an android tablet with android 4.2

My problem is that i can NEVER find a tutorial for android development I have android studio with the NDK installed.

Can you link me to somewhere that tells you what you need to do in order to port your games to android.

Also if you know a handy IOS tutorial you can link it too!

Thanks for reading :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

There is no complete tutorial on how to develop with allegro on android. The setup is probably the hardest part. It's something I intend to work on in the semi near future.

For now, check the README_android.txt file in the allegro source, that has a lot of useful information.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

TeachMeHowToPro
Member #15,892
February 2015

Well if you do indeed plan to do something with it, make a tutorial or explain how you set things up! People would be happy to have one.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I would think there should be some automated way to build dependancy binaries and build Allegro on both ios and Android. For IOS I wrote my own build scripts that automatically fetch the dependencies, and build for arm7,arm7s,arm64,i386,and x86_64 and then lipos these into 1 fat .a file. It does it for both debug and release. For Allegro itself I use Trent's provided IOS xcode project.

Similar scripts for Android could be really nice. It should be as easy as: download and install this, run this, put your code here, prosper. That would be real nice for the mobile platforms. Templates for raspberry pi, ouya, and Amazon devices would be nice too.

Go to: