Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » FireFTP and other FTP client software

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
FireFTP and other FTP client software
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I'm creating a few sites for my projects, I'm not an expert in this field but I find FireFTP really nice.

Any advice, suggestions or recommendations about other free FTP client applications?

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

FileZilla has always been my favorite one.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I've always used WinSCP, but they're getting greedy with their downloads (and the fact I rarely use it, it seems there's a new version every time I use it)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I'm using SMF software and Fillezilla has a problem with auto/binary/ASCII files transfer modes, that's the reason why I'm avoiding it.

FireFTP was a nice surprise, is integrated with Firefox, working well so far, but I was curious about the opinion of others about it, since I never heard of it before.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Are you writing this site from scratch or using some software? Interested because I'm thinking of knocking up a site myself.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

As I said, I'm using SMF (Simple Machines Forum) software.

____

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Sorry, hadn't updated from the first post.
Thanks.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

FireFTP was a nice surprise, is integrated with Firefox

What benefit do you receive when an FTP client is integrated with an HTTP client? ???

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

So far as I can see I don't have to open a new application, I just keep FireFTP working as another tab in my browser ;D

As I said, I'm not an expert on this matter, I just tried it and it worked nicely, this is why I created this thread, in order to know if there is something wrong with it or if there are better alternatives.

____

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I like scp :D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: