Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » FireFTP and other FTP client software

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
FireFTP and other FTP client software
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I'm creating a few sites for my projects, I'm not an expert in this field but I find FireFTP really nice.

Any advice, suggestions or recommendations about other free FTP client applications?

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

FileZilla has always been my favorite one.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I've always used WinSCP, but they're getting greedy with their downloads (and the fact I rarely use it, it seems there's a new version every time I use it)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red | +Me
Windows 8 is a toned, stylish, polished professional athlete. But it’s wearing clown makeup, and that creates a serious image problem. ~PCWorld Article

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

I'm using SMF software and Fillezilla has a problem with auto/binary/ASCII files transfer modes, that's the reason why I'm avoiding it.

FireFTP was a nice surprise, is integrated with Firefox, working well so far, but I was curious about the opinion of others about it, since I never heard of it before.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Are you writing this site from scratch or using some software? Interested because I'm thinking of knocking up a site myself.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

As I said, I'm using SMF (Simple Machines Forum) software.

____

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Sorry, hadn't updated from the first post.
Thanks.

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

FireFTP was a nice surprise, is integrated with Firefox

What benefit do you receive when an FTP client is integrated with an HTTP client? ???

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

So far as I can see I don't have to open a new application, I just keep FireFTP working as another tab in my browser ;D

As I said, I'm not an expert on this matter, I just tried it and it worked nicely, this is why I created this thread, in order to know if there is something wrong with it or if there are better alternatives.

____

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I like scp :D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: