Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 5.1.9 released!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Allegro 5.1.9 released!
SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Wow, you're having quite a bit of issues!

NiteHackr said:

The second time this happened I hit my printscreen and captured it.

This is a weird place for it to crash... if you can, could you place a breakpoint in that file and paste backtrace? I don't know if it can be done easily from Code::Blocks though... I'll see if I can investigate it a bit later.

Quote:

Edit: also, my game now requires "libogg-0.dll" to run, even though it is statically linked.

That's just the way Edgar compiled the library.

Quote:

Changed ".//" to "//" at the start and it brought up the dialog for saving, but still no default filename at all. :(

Have you tried just "level001.dp2" without any slashes? That seemed to work for me (on Win7).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

SiegeLord said:

NiteHackr said:

Edit: also, my game now requires "libogg-0.dll" to run, even though it is statically linked.

That's just the way Edgar compiled the library.

Is there a way to link statically to the dependencies in a dynamic cmake build? I just let cmake handle that stuff for me. You can just use the static versions if you don't want it dependent on other stuff too.

NiteHackr said:

Changed ".//" to "//" at the start and it brought up the dialog for saving, but still no default filename at all.

You have to provide the default name. And what directory are you trying to start in with .// ? That isn't valid on Windows. But .\\ is.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Is there a way to link statically to the dependencies in a dynamic cmake build? I just let cmake handle that stuff for me. You can just use the static versions if you don't want it dependent on other stuff too.

Not sure. If I had to guess, it'd be just by manually selecting the static libraries as dependencies (or just making sure only the static libraries can be found by cmake).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

You have to provide the default name. And what directory are you trying to start in with .// ? That isn't valid on Windows. But .\\ is.

I am trying to access the same folder the game is installed in. And this works with 5.1.8 without errors with .//. However, I did provide the default name (see my post, I showed the code I used). In any event this is a moot point due to the crash which takes place. 5.1.8 works though (with 4.7.0, premade) so I'm using it currently. Would be nice to get that default filename working.

Maybe I'll try it again, just to test if I can get that part working anyhow, to see if it was just my own error in how I was doing it (one less thing to think about).

Edit: Okay, I tested it out before saving this reply and the default filename does now work. Good. So that's one less problem. I guess the whole ".//" and "//" was wrong. Someone had posted that as a way for just checking the same folder as the executable so that is why I used it. Seemed to work with 5.0.10 and 5.1.8, but that was probably just a fluke that it worked.

I may end up statically compiling the level editor with 5.1.9 +MinGW 4.8.1-4 so I get the default filename (as it doesn't crash on exit, not sure why not, it doesn't use a lot of things the main game does though) and 5.1.8 + MinGW 4.7.0 for the main game to avoid the crashes as it doesn't need the default filename feature anyhow. I have both versions of the compiler installed presently. Meanwhile I may try my hand at compiling it again myself. I came close last time. ;) Now that I uninstalled World of Warcraft I have plenty of time on my hands. ;D :P

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

SiegeLord said:

Not sure. If I had to guess, it'd be just by manually selecting the static libraries as dependencies (or just making sure only the static libraries can be found by cmake).

This worked for me in the past, thou it's been a while now since I have a more flexible build environment in which I use dynamic linking (nothing to distribute yet! ;D)

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

1   2 

Go to: