Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Happy 2015

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Happy 2015
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Hope they have a new year ready for us. There's only an hour and a half left of the old one.

Oh yes, what are your new year w*h?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Still 1440x900. I will also continue to push back against superstitious nonsense directed at me.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Do that. And push back hot stones, too.

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

My resolution is to make more Allegro releases.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I don't make resolutions, but if I did it would be to survive my next semester at school. I'm taking 4 classes, which is a lot for me, and I couldn't handle that many last semester with one of them being a brutal history class. And to those who say 4 isn't a lot I don't give a shit. :P My school still considers 3 full time.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

My new year's resolution is to commit more.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

32-bit floating point.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

1366 x 768. I think I'll try to have some fun this year.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

I have not yet opened any support tickets in 2015, therefore nothing has been resolved and I have no resolutions to report for this new year.

I may open a support ticket with Back to the Future for my Hoverboard though.... >:(

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I intend to get one of these once they are released here, so my 2015 resolution will be 2560x1440 (higher than the resolution of my 27" monitor!).

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

I will also continue to push back against superstitious nonsense directed at me.

Amen, brother ;)

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I am surprised at all the resolutions below 1920x1080.

LennyLen said:

one of these

That was not at all what I was expecting. :o

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

1920x1200 (has been that for several years now).

TODO 2015:
make game(s)

edit: P.S.: HNY!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Happy New Year (if you believe in the Gregorian calender anyhow) to you all as well.

I'm still at 1920x1080. I still miss my 4:3 ratio though but have adjusted.

My New Years resolution is to stop making resolutions.

I DO want to get my Deluxe Pacman 2 game completed this year (preferably in the next few months). It's Allegro 5, coded 100% with C (yes C, not using a C++ compiler but the GNU C compiler with the 2011 standard of C, -std=C11). ;)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

My resolution is to keep making games while some of you chumps debate on a.cc. 8-)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

My resolution is to keep making games while some of you chumps debate on a.cc.

Trent won this thread. ;D

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

My resolution is to keep making games while some of you chumps debate on a.cc.

Quote:

Trent won this thread. ;D

No, he didn't.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

My resolution remains to be 2048x1152 and I like it that way. >:(

I don't wish to make any New Year's resolutions, but goals I aspire to pursue and perhaps conquer this year include:

• Learning to efficiently use Emacs (for the SLIME lisp development environment). This may involve a Vim-like wrapper.

• Learning to write real programs in Common Lisp.

• Developing my own toy lisp (interpreter and/or compiler).

• Developing an Allegro 5 developer console addon.

• Developing an Allegro 5 Embeddable Common Lisp (ECL) addon.

• Affording to make my truck payments and keep it on the road (insurance, etc.).

• Affording to keep my motorcycle on the road (insurance, etc.).

• Perhaps trading my 500 CC motorcycle for a 600 CC super-sport or maybe settling for a 650 CC sport.

• Covering 10000 km mileage on a motorcycle in a single year (last year I think I put on about 4800 km and 3700 km the year before that). (This one is somewhat of a stretch unless I get highly motivated on weekends or get extra vacation time..)

• I should probably read through my Algorithms In C book.

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

I set up Pidgin with IRC, Hangouts, and FB Chat and the locked myself out of my own FB account (on purpose).

My resolution is to not use any social media sites for a year. Exceptions are Stack Overflow, A.cc, GitHub, and anything work related. This is a year of code for me, and I intend to get shit done(TM). ;D

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Furinkan, nice idea.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Bonne année !

I'll just try live as well as last year, and worth than next years :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Mine is to survive. Last year I died 5 times. :D

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

This thread leads 23 - 22.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

(Sorry, wrong thread.)

For all of the people that want to be running GNU (+Linux), but are holding off because they want to game:

{"name":"609143","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/e\/cef1469b64049788af457ad8e0f756ab.png","w":2048,"h":1152,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/e\/cef1469b64049788af457ad8e0f756ab"}609143

Note that the icons on the desktop are native applications, except for the SteamWine. SteamWine is Steam running on Wine, which exists mainly for Skyrim, and that too works (thanks to Elias for tipping me off a year or more ago). Note the "notification icon" for Steam running in my tray. That is the native port. I predominantly play Counter-Strike: Source with that.

The point is, I have overwritten Windows entirely with a mostly free software system and I don't miss it. I can still game thanks to Valve (and Wine). I have a perfectly valid Windows 7 license sitting on a shelf. I have no interest in using it.

My system is "mostly" free[dom] software because unfortunately much "multimedia" (i.e., audio/video) still requires patented software to consume. I have no choice other than to use non-free software to consume it. And that is something that can be changed. Free formats exist that are at least good enough.

Perhaps the best New Years resolution that you can make is to use only free (libre) software (or at least, go out of your way to avoid non-free software and never pay for the non-free software that you do use).

That includes Web services as well. Don't use Web sites like Facebook that use proprietary software and are definitely spying on you and sharing^Wselling your information. I think that Google (including YouTube, et. al.) are also falling into the evil category so avoid using those services as much as possible too.

The way has been paved. Take advantage and jump ship before things revert. >:(

1   2 

Go to: