Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » EXC_BAD_ACCESS (XCode on Mac 10.10)

Credits go to torhu for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
EXC_BAD_ACCESS (XCode on Mac 10.10)
abkothman
Member #15,787
November 2014

For some reason, my program crashes while trying to run the line
display = al_create_display(WINDOW_WIDTH, WINDOW_HEIGHT);
The program crashes and I get the debug error EXC_BAD_ACCESS on ALOpenGLView reshape. Any advice?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

abkothman
Member #15,787
November 2014

Yup.

#SelectExpand
1 if(!al_init()) 2 abortGame("Could not initialize Allegro."); 3 if(!al_install_keyboard()) 4 abortGame("Could not install Keyboard."); 5 timer = al_create_timer(1.0/40); 6 if(!timer) 7 abortGame("Could not initialize Timer"); 8 al_set_new_display_flags(ALLEGRO_WINDOWED); 9 display = al_create_display(WINDOW_WIDTH, WINDOW_HEIGHT); 10 if(!display) 11 abortGame("Could not initialize Window");

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Looks a lot like the Yosemite bug that was just fixed in Allegro GIT...

EDIT: This one http://sourceforge.net/p/alleg/allegro/ci/6a9549ebc95731813b002787cfd0dadb370cfcf5/

abkothman
Member #15,787
November 2014

Yes, this looks like it. Thank you!

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Someone should release 5.1.9 because 5.1.8 (and 5.0.10 I think for that matter) do not work on OSX 10.10, which is bad.

abkothman
Member #15,787
November 2014

Yeah, that would be super useful. Anyway, I cloned the most recent git repository, installed allegro, and the issue went away. So that's nice at least.

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Thomas was going to create Windows and OSX VMs so we could get automated builds (which would make releases more useful as they could come with binaries). Of course then he had to fall in love and decide to marry >:(

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Elias said:

Of course then he had to fall in love and decide to marry >:(

I had planned to work on it while I was here in the Philippines, but I can't access that box. I think a firewall is enabled on it and ssh isn't "ALLOW"ed.

The build server is still a goal. And I'm hoping in a week or so, I'll have more time again. But as of right now, I've got a wedding to plan/prepare, and work to do.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Go to: