Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Good news!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Good news!
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I got engaged last night! I'm both very happy, and incredibly surprised. Over the moon. :D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Congrats man.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Wow! I had no idea! Congratulations! :D

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Yay! Congratulations!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

incredibly surprised.

So you didn't plan on asking?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So you didn't plan on asking?

Hehe. I did plan on it. For quite a while in fact. Somehow even though I knew what her answer was going to be, I'm still surprised she said yes, and wants to be with me.

Poor self-esteem I suppose.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Congratulations!

Somehow even though I knew what her answer was going to be, I'm still surprised she said yes, and wants to be with me.

Poor self-esteem I suppose.

Direct your focus on the positive and just accept her decision without trying to question it or looking for any flaws, real or imagined.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Dennis said:

Direct your focus on the positive and just accept her decision without trying to question it or looking for any flaws, real or imagined.

Yeah. I'm not going to let a little self doubt get in the way :)

--

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Yeah, sometimes it's hard understanding what women think... I'll be forever puzzled why my fiancee said yes for example :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Love is like a drug.

--

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Yay for love! :-*

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

Huzzah!

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Love is like a drug.

A few years ago, I was giving somebody a ride (not in a cab) and he said stop by such and such a house on the way. He was a crack addict and wanted to pick some up. He said "When you get your hit, for a few minutes you feel like you do when you have a really good woman".

So drugs are like love.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So drugs are like love.

IIRC there was a study that looked into it. The state of "love" is caused by certain hormones and neurotransmitters in certain quantities. and it behaves a lot like certain drugs do. It reduces inhibition, gives you a "buzz", affects your decision making, concentration, etc.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Yay!

So what's the good news?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So what's the good news?

something to do with brain chemistry and drugs...

--

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Congratulations! <My usual words-of-wisdom-falling-on-deaf-eyes-here.>

My girlfriend is currently staying at my place for a few days, but for legal reasons has NOT moved in. >:( I intend to afford a prenuptial agreement before I risk common-law being in effect, or getting married for that matter.

On the one hand, she is overly ambitious about being a good housewife. Kind of an awesome arrangement in theory. On the other hand, I can't help thinking she's eventually going to come clean or change her mind and either cut my throat in my sleep or leave and take all of my money and stuff with her. :o

So what's the good news?

:D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

bamccaig said:

On the one hand, she is overly ambitious about being a good housewife. Kind of an awesome arrangement in theory. On the other hand, I can't help thinking she's eventually going to come clean or change her mind and either cut my throat in my sleep or leave and take all of my money and stuff with her. :o

Two words: John Bobbit.

:-*:D

--

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Congratulations!

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

something to do with brain chemistry and drugs...

So how long have you known her and how much money does she have? >:(

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So how long have you known her and how much money does she have? >:(

7 months or so, and... Not a lot of actual money, but she does have assets. kekekeke. Rather smart though, trained/schooled as an accountant, teaches in thailand, etc.

--

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Congrats! I'll be celebrating my 30th anniversary February 8, 2015. Remember, she is your best friend, nobody knows you, or will know you, or be there for you like she will, so she must always come first.

I don't regret marriage one bit, she's an awesome woman.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

1   2   3 

Go to: