Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Compact Conflict - my JS13k game (also, long time no see!)

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Compact Conflict - my JS13k game (also, long time no see!)
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

Very polished, very simple, and very good! Love it! ;D

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

your latest link gives a 404 not found error.

That's just because apparently, I can't type.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Necro thread resurrection!

Clearly you have been away too long.

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Your game is so addictive, I cannot stop playing it! I have easily played over a hundred matches over the last days. o_O

What I would like:

• Undo functionality

• Ability to select troop force by clicking on number of soldiers

• Fairer map generation

• Harder AI :)

Put it on some App store and become a millionaire!

[EDIT]
Just saw your new version. :)
While I like the Unlimited Mode, I find that the eyecandy (particles, transparent +x faith tooltips) distract a little bit, and they slow the game down for me, i.e. are not fluent. Would be nice if you could switch that off somehow.

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Yea, I played for about 5 hours yesterday again. I think I got it down, I can beat "evil" on 4 player mode.

I guess the only change I can think of now, would be to show larger sizes of armies (maybe 20+) with a little number overlay.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Yeah, the change to showing large armies as concentrated groups of what looks like only 20 seems a step in the wrong direction. Seeing the whole massive army lined up is kind of cool, but a number overlay would be good too.

This game is very addictive, but not much of a challenge anymore. The AI is either too conservative or they spend time fighting amongst each other, both of which lead to victory over them.

Edit
Out of curiosity, what are the battle mechanics like? How is battle resolved?

1   2 

Go to: