Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Robin Williams Dead

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Robin Williams Dead
Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Every man is the captain of his own ship. Where you steer it is not my business.

Thanks for the laughs, Mr. Williams.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

^^^ This++ ^^^

[EDIT]

I'm seeing recent reports that he found out he had Parkinson's disease.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

If I did, in my mind, then all of the "bad" wins. And I'm not going to let it win.

I am sure more than a few people would miss you here, if that means anything. Glad you toughed it out. :)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'm seeing recent reports that he found out he had Parkinson's disease.

Oh for fucks sake. As if the other stuff he had to deal with wasnt enough to break a person.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

NiteHackr said:

I am sure more than a few people would miss you here, if that means anything. Glad you toughed it out.

I appreciate that. :)

Derezo said:

Pain killer addiction is a tough one to break out of.

Oddly enough, I never had a problem with that. (Not to discount anyone who does!) I despised the feeling of being "high" and any time I felt "good" it made me angry because in my mind it wasn't "real". So perhaps all the doctors were right that "in general" people have problems with them. But I never did. And I was on so much at the hospital they had to feed me oxygen (heavy narcotics reduce your lungs ability to function).

On the other hand, because of all the steroids they prescribed me that were a "safer alternative" to narcotics? They destroyed my bone density. I'm 27 and I have the precursor to osteoporosis. All because they gave me way more than the legal limit of steroids you can give someone in a year and when I asked them if there are side effects to steroids they told me "None that I know of."

I also almost died once I got off the steroids because my adrenal glands had stopped functioning. Nobody bothered to tell me that could happen, and my wife's mother (a nurse) is the only reason I'm still here today.

I also lucked out big time because I was in a pocket area that wasn't supplied with tainted spinal steroids infected with Fungal Meningitis.

So God had my back on that one. (Oh the puns...)

Good lord, 64 people died and 751 were infected. :(

Quote:

I don't think the public has an idea of all the things that the patients went through. Of course they had headaches and fevers and didn't feel well at all at first. But then some did have strokes. They needed rehabilitation and physical therapy for that. Some of them developed something that we call arachnoiditis. That leads to urinary retention and a whole lot of back pain. The patients were pretty miserable.

And remember these patients all had back problems to begin with. Then they got their shots and they get fungus and we treat them through all that misery, and they get back to where they were originally — they still have back pain. Some have gone on to have surgery and have done very well and have not relapsed. The patients were really troupers on this.

Quote:

My mom has been on prescription painkillers for more than 10 years now.

:-/

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Ah, I got the wrong impression from your post. Sounded like similar stories from people who went through the ringer with oxycontin.

Not getting fungal meningitis would have been a relief! My mom's pain is back related and she was getting steroid injections as well. Once every ~3 months to strengthen the deteriorating tissue between her vertebrae. One of the drugs she was taking had a recall because the drug contained the wrong contents and was killing people, too. It's shocking that such highly controlled substances have those kinds of issues fairly often.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Derezo said:

highly controlled substances

Turns out highly controlled only applies to distribution, not manufacture. As the ones I almost got infected with were literally being made next door to a waste and recycling company owned by the same guy.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

1   2   3 

Go to: