Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Is Facebook the Nazi state of the internet?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Is Facebook the Nazi state of the internet?
torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

That's exactly the kind of thing that someone religious would have said to themselves to avoid dealing with the actual issue. You must be a psychologist or something.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Simply being ignorant and atheist is not remarkable.

You don't even say anything about these people or their religion in your "arguments", you don't seem to even have a point you're making other than that you are atheist, ignorant, and anyone who isn't is mentally ill.

What is the "actual issue" that you have?

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I'll tell you something, Derezo: your butthurt is showing. Which means that reading this thread is probably giving you heaps of cognitive dissonance. Go act on it. Read the website I linked to. Search for "religion", "atheist", "deconversion" or something of that sort on Youtube. There's a lot to be found.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I think the trick is to enjoy life, regardless of anything else, accept that death is inevitable but wow, what an amazing ride we get; up to 100+ years, out of billions, and at a billion to one chance.

We need to drop religion, it's bollocks. I want to help good people and animals and I don't believe in anything that could even slightly related to anything spiritual, and I certainly don't believe fictional books I read! I try to be nice to good people and animals, because it feels good. I don't need to be rewarded for being kind with eternity or virgins when I die, nor do I need to tell anyone else that the lifestyle choices they make in life will affect them after they die....

...because I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead, but that shouldn't be a depressing thought!!! The atoms that you had such beautiful and elegant control over for your conscious years simply become part of the universe again, and who knows, maybe one day another consciousness will animate them....

Why does anyone need anything more than this life, and why do they need to absolve every unanswerable question or mistake or unfortunate act or seemingly miraculous event to a deity?

As an atheist, I think I'm the lucky one. I'm the one who enjoys this life, the ONLY life, for what it is. You lot waiting for eternity in the clouds are wasting your precious time, the only REAL time you have.

I hate religion, rant over. :-*

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

torhu said:

reading this thread is probably giving you heaps of cognitive dissonance.

Not at all.

Quote:

Search for "religion", "atheist", "deconversion" or something of that sort on Youtube. There's a lot to be found.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I need to be "deconverted" into your religion.

Quote:

I'll tell you something, Derezo: your butthurt is showing. Which means that reading this thread is probably giving you heaps of cognitive dissonance. Go act on it. Read the website I linked to. Search for "religion", "atheist", "deconversion" or something of that sort on Youtube. There's a lot to be found.

I agree with your rant ;D I don't hate religion anymore, though. I did for the longest time when I was a teenager. What a waste of time and energy that was.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Okay, I get it now. You are one of those liberals who "defend people's right to believe what they want". You have posted several things in this thread that are way off base, and several of them directly insulting. So fuck off.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Xians make enough demands to go around, so atheists don't need to add their two cents.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Well, at least you get it.

You're just trolling anyway, and I know I shouldn't feed, but it was too tempting.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

The only butt-hurt and frustrated individual in this thread is you torhu. You think your anger and holier than thou attitude will change anything? Good luck.

The only thing I get from Derezo's posts is calmness. Such calm in fact that I'm a bit envious of it. It's like he knows something we don't. >:(

Dizzy was spot on though. Enjoy life, you never know when someone or something will break you open to suck on the sweet, sweet treasure inside...

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Vanneto said:

It's like he knows something we don't. >:(

I don't know anything.

I'm writing a book about it, though. ;)

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Derezo seems to be trolling, feel free to continue the discussion if anybody wants to.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that if you want to tell men how to treat their women then you should have to provide for and take care of those women. What people these days fail to comprehend is that humans struggle to survive on their own. We need to cooperate in order to survive, and "gender roles" was one way of allowing us to cooperate in a way that was mutually beneficial.

Living relatively luxurious lives in the West we begin to believe in a utopia where food magically appears in supermarkets, gasoline flows out of the ground as if it were water, and ideas magically journey around the globe. You disconnect from the reality that people have to work hard every day to make all of that possible. You just don't see it happening.

To say that all men and women do an equal share of work is laughable. To say that anybody is entitled to the fruits of another man or woman's labor is also laughable. It used to be that we'd come to an agreement. These days Feminism has largely destroyed that idea and corrupt governments forcibly distribute resources to make it transparent to the population.

Frankly I think the present state of women in the West is worse than it is in much of the East. Western women rank their happiness lower than their mothers and grandmothers did. Who is to say that we're actually doing any better than the East?

It's very easy to take the high ground and preach about freedom and fair treatment, but it isn't actually worth fuck all if you don't explain how to achieve that without infringing on the rights and freedoms of others.

1   2 

Go to: