Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Heartbleed - Security

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Heartbleed - Security
Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I wonder why we do not have a thread about this yet. Anyway, change your PWs if you have not already and check every software you have in use which uses an unpatched version of OpenSSL.

http://mashable.com/2014/04/09/heartbleed-bug-websites-affected/

Commence thread derailment. This thread is now about WoW (which is not affected, nor is battle.net, yay blizzard).

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I installed a firefox addon that says it can detect sites that aren't fixed...

But I managed to get around to updating the apache and other things on my servers. My mail server has also had its ssl cert reissued and revoked.

I was thinking of getting a cert for the wiki, but I don't own the main domain, and its a pain to deal with that. If matthew wants to help, I can install a cert... but meh.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

Dennis said:

I wonder why we do not have a thread about this yet.

I don't wonder that.

(But I do wonder why the other thread was posted to the 'Allegro.cc comments' section.)

-----------

OnlineCop
Member #7,919
October 2006

(But I do wonder why the other thread was posted to the 'Allegro.cc comments' section.)

Because it had more to do about the security on A.cc than it was an off-topic uh... topic.

But as I hemmed and hawed over the exact wording, so I didn't come off as a prick, I figured that I'd make it more of a subtle "hey Matt, how secure is this site?" disguised as a discussion thread. :D

De rail:

{"name":"Rail_track.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/f\/cf599128e9abc053edbec331233890e2.jpg","w":2048,"h":1536,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/f\/cf599128e9abc053edbec331233890e2"}Rail_track.jpg

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"84g5n.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/7\/8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286.jpg","w":480,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/7\/8762ecfa2767ab710a18a8f378dd2286"}84g5n.jpg

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

That's an awesome picture there.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Ah, did not see that other thread. Oh well, yeah, nothing to see here, move along.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Re: xkcd

Can anyone figure out what's going on with this comic? I think he's outsourcing punchlines but can't tell...

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Can anyone figure out what's going on with this comic? I think he's outsourcing punchlines but can't tell...

It appears to be a little bit of a "choose your own story" kind of thing. I frankly got bored of it in short order, but it's rare that he completely duds so I imagine there's a clever idea in there somewhere. I occasionally check out http://explainxkcd.com to look for explanations when the subject is too obscure for me to understand with my limited education. ;) That might have some clues or make the over all comic easier to consume with a shorter amount of time and effort.. I couldn't be arsed so far...

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Why didn't they just use a timer function and ping the remote server?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Go to: