Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » 2014 Olympics Russian

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
2014 Olympics Russian
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

USA won 2010 Olympics with 37 medals.

Who is going to win the 2014 Olympics?

USA got the first gold because USA is #1!!!!!!!!! 8-)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Who is going to win the 2014 Olympics?

In soviet Russia, Olympics wins you.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I'm boycotting that crap.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

{"name":"Simpsons%2BRussia.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/445045efa8dacf98aeaf8936194b0040.gif","w":468,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/4\/445045efa8dacf98aeaf8936194b0040"}Simpsons%2BRussia.gif

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Text is in italian, but the photos speak for themselves: :P

http://www.ziqqurat.eu/2014/02/07/40-foto-imbarazzanti-da-sochi-2014/

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I didn't even realize the winter Olympics were happening until the day of the opening ceremony. They kind of crept up on me this year.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

USA wins another gold!!! In second place with four total medals.

How can we compete against the snowy countries that are covered in a year round winter wasteland??? :o

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Where is this year round winter wasteland you're talking about? It's not here in Norway in any case :P

Aikei_c
Member #14,871
January 2013

I don't believe there exists such country where there is snow all year round.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

In Norway it's always winter and never Christmas. >:(

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I just love the smell of a sore loser ;D

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

{"name":"1011044_10152189946547365_871550283_n.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/7\/3776d6e6da9045079b7a366a29921bb9.png","w":302,"h":502,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/7\/3776d6e6da9045079b7a366a29921bb9"}1011044_10152189946547365_871550283_n.png

cough

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Most notable are the images making it look like the winter Olympics crept up on Russia too! Without knowing anything about the town it is being hosted in, I wonder why they wouldn't host it in a more populated area with presumably more developed-world conditions... Perhaps Moscow or something. I wonder if there will be any backlash for the conditions (albeit, I imagine most of the complainers are suffering from FWP).

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I saw Canada won gold in both the men's and women's maple syrup slurping contest. :o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Doesn't really matter what the medal is for. A medal is a medal. Suck it 'Murca.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

If you guys missed Sharka's crash last night, it was gnarly :o

video

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Protip: The girl in that crash is beautiful. :-* Append: It will be a real shame for humanity if she is maimed or killed doing this.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Did she win?

She should have...she was clearly the superior rider, but the judging was poor. I was also not impressed with the judging in the team figure skating finals >:(

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

There should only be one competition in the winter Olympics: ice running. >:(

None of these stupid subjective talent competitions.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

She should have...she was clearly the superior rider, but the judging was poor. I was also not impressed with the judging in the team figure skating finals >:(

Let me guess, some of the judges voted in ways that could be seen as being biased?

--

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Let me guess, some of the judges voted in ways that could be seen as being biased?

They were awarding low scores for rides/performances that were of higher caliber than the higher scored runs. It's a pretty lame thing to see. The scores seemed to be weighted in favor of the "incoming medal favorites" instead of the most skilled.

The announcers caught on to this too. They ought to rethink the score computing process.

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if money dictates the Olympics in much the same way it dictates other professional sporting events. Professional sports have been ruined for decades..

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

They were awarding low scores for rides/performances that were of higher caliber than the higher scored runs. It's a pretty lame thing to see. The scores seemed to be weighted in favor of the "incoming medal favorites" instead of the most skilled.

Politics at the Olympics! Never!

I think they should have a Dog Show at the Olympics. 8-)

Doesn't really matter what the medal is for. A medal is a medal. Suck it 'Murca.

Careful. Someone's asking for a drone strike! If you're nice and apologize, the drone will deliver fresh pizza.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: